Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Revo ONLY match

hopalong

NO specific date yet but don't worry !!!!

Match:

10 to 12 stages USPSA legal.

Level II or maybe even III. :devil: I have more ways to move up the sandbaggers than anybody !!! :roflol:

Match Name:

ST. JUDE revolver challenge....

THis match will be a fund raising match for ST. Jude Childrens Hospital. :wub:

More info to come as I get it more organized............

This match IS going to happen so not only do you need to plan on it. You need to bring at least one other.

I myself have already talked 3 non revolver shooting USPSA members into it already.

Hop

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hop - I'm down for probably next year. Don't have one of them there wheel guns. I'll drag Dan & John out too.

Rich

Not having one is NOT a reason not to plan on going to the match. :angry2: There is plenty of time to find, beg, steal, put on lay-away, or charge a new gun on your credit card. Heck, Hop just GAVE you a perfect excuse to buy a brand new gun. :cheers:

If anybody needs any gear to make this match happen for them let me know. I have a full 2nd belt set up, if you are a lefty that will be even better but we can switch it over. And I have a few revolvers that could be brought along if anyone needs them.

Sounds like a winner to me Hop. And you can tell your wife that it is for the children, you have to go :cheers:

Tom

Danny and I are in for this one and maybe we talk Tommy, Glenn and a few others into coming up. Set the dates and let us know.

PAT

BTW, I have a spare 625 that I will bring if anyone needs it. Just make sure you have Federal primers in your loads.

Edited by Bwana Six-Gun

I'm in. My girlfriend went to Memphis last year and there's a few things she'd still like to see. We're planning a vacation around the match.

Looks like that makes at least 4 from Iowa. That'll be me, Carmoney, S&WIowegan, and needknees. I'd bet Darren will ride down too.

Edited by Glockopop

Man, St Jude is a great cause!!! One of their heart valves saved my sisters life. We lost her 20 years later, but I never forgot this organization and the good things they do. Tell me when and where, and I will make every effort to attend. :cheers:

Edited by Barrettone

That'll be me, Carmoney, S&WIowegan, and needknees.

Maybe. It all depends on the weekend. I have a really heavy work schedule this year and won't be doing as much traveling to matches as I ordinarily do. Sure hope it works out, though!

I don't have any big plans for anything this year, so I will be planning a trip for this one.

I also have a 2nd set up for Revolver that I would loan out for the match.

Way to take the Bull by the Horns Hop!

Dave

I'm in. My girlfriend went to Memphis last year and there's a few things she'd still like to see. We're planning a vacation around the match.

Looks like that makes at least 4 from Iowa. That'll be me, Carmoney, S&WIowegan, and needknees. I'd bet Darren will ride down too.

Don't forget to include the Revoman and I might have 2 from Kansas come with me.

Haven't been to Memphis before. Closest was Nashville in '96, and that was on business. It looks like a one day drive from Pittsburgh, or maybe stop to visit some friends in Louisville on the way down.

So I'll be there, barring conflicts on the dates.

I'm definitely in and have several 625s I would be happy to lone out to worthy participants. Anyone who would like to borrow one of my guns should know they are Carmonized. Therefore, your ammo needs to be made with Federal primers which are seated well below flush....Mike calls it "crush-seating". He and I take our match ammo and re-seat the primers with a hand priming tool. Not everyone does this...it depends on your tolerance for FTGBs (failure to go bang) :o Just send me a PM if you want to follow up.

For any of you who haven't been to the facility at MSSA, I want to let you know it is absolutely first class with lots of bays for stages and plenty of parking. I drove down from Des Moines in Sept. '08 to the TN Sectional and enjoyed the experience very much.

Bob

A16841

• 2 weeks later...

OK,

Here is some more information.

The match is a GO !!!!! the range gave us approval last night. :D:D:D

Date:

October 30 (Friday) for Staff, vendors and special situations.

October 31 (Saturday) Regular match begins

November1 (Sudnay) End of match, awards a special stuff ect.

Memphis Sport Shooting Assn, Memphis TN (Lakeland actually)

web address:

WWW.memphis-ssa.com/

What I NEED from you out there.

1) As soon as I get applications up, send them in so we can have some upfront operating funds (and not have to get a loan). <_<

2) Spread the word around. Get as many closet revolver shooters you know and tell them about it. ;)

3) Pray for good weather, and a safe match. :bow:

A few specifics.

The match will consist of 10 stages, 8 shot on Saturday, 2 on Sunday for an early awards cerimony and go home.

The match IS a charity match for ST. Jude Childrens hospital. All Proceeds will be donated after match expences are covered.(We have to get permission from St. Jude for us to be able to use that name, We're working on it now so until then it's just "The match"

It will be a Prize table match, walked in order of finish (Special catagories will be getting trophies of some sort).

It will be a Level II for sure, and maybe even Level III we'll see.

Any body wanting to help, please PM me here on these forums for now.

Hopalong

Edited by hopalong