• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Hop,

I have a stage question.

On several stages, under penalties: Extra Shot -10. Extra Hit -10.

All the USPSA and IDPA matches I've shot so far have been scored best two hits on paper. You penalize yourself if you stand there all day poking multiple holes in a target (and using up time).

Is the intent here to actually penalize extra shots/hits?

--- Raincitywheel

Looks like only on stage 8 will the extra shots and hits apply

Steve

this is just standard stuff to apply if needed in the course description.

lynn

Looks like the weather has taken a turn for the worse. Looks like cold rain on Sat.

1. well that's consistent will all the matches i attended this year.

2. i don't have to worry about my red dot becoming multiple dots.

3. all those targets i polyurethaned will get used.

lynn

Let's see I've got: Moon Caddies, Bug Spray, Poncho, Gun, Ammo (OH :surprise: I've got to load some!), holster, gear, Corkys is set, Car set, route set what am I forgetting???

:surprise: Practice, and now it's too late :angry2: Oh well should be fun!

Dave

Holy Crap! 7 out of the 14 GM in USPSA are shooting this match. :surprise: I feel a serious butt-whipping coming on. :roflol: .......

Yeah, I'm going to see if I can change my classification to "Special Needs" :cheers:

dj

DONE! Anyone else?

If "Special Needs" is a politically correct way of saying old, blind and getting fat, put me in that category!

I just wanted to post how impressed that I am with this match. The work from those planning and setting up the match, the sponsors that have provided donations for the match, and especially all of the people coming to the match. For this being the first year of a match that is to be an annual event, it looks to me that it will be hard to top what has been achieved this time.

:cheers:

Easily topped next year by EXCELENT weather !!! <_<

Forcast today: Rain up to 2 inches

Forcast Friday: Rain steady with Thunder at times

Forcast Saturday: Rain ending in the AM (YOU LUCKY DOGS !!!!)

Heading out to take care of loose ends.

HOP

Thanks ALL for coming (Just so I don't forget this weekend)

Holy Crap! 7 out of the 14 GM in USPSA are shooting this match. :surprise: I feel a serious butt-whipping coming on. :roflol: .......

Yeah, I'm going to see if I can change my classification to "Special Needs" :cheers:

dj

DONE! Anyone else?

If "Special Needs" is a politically correct way of saying old, blind and getting fat, put me in that category!

Sorry Pat, I should have said that you were the first one I put in that category when you registered. ;)

Edited by moverfive

Unfortunately, I'm out. I've got a terrible viral infection and I can barely get out of bed. I'm really disappointed as I've been looking forward to this match for so long, but I just can't make it. Take a lot of pics and video, have some extra BBQ and beer for me, and I'll see y'all next year.

dj

DONE! Anyone else?

Sorry Pat, I should have said that you were the first one I put in that category when you registered. ;)

Thanks Brad, I always knew I could count on you.

Well it was raining cats and dogs this morning (thursday) but stopped raining after lunch. The wife and I went to Graceland and then down to Beal St. for a couple of beers and some good blues music. Going to check in at the range Friday morning. Thand God and my buddy Jim for lending me his GPS for the trip. Corkys is just down the street from the match hotel. See ya all Friday evening. :cheers:

Does the range drain well? Do I need to stop by Walmart to get knee high rubber boots & snorkle? :P

It doesn't drain as well as we would like, but we've got things set up to keep everyone out of standing water. It will be muddy!

The match went beautifully. The weather was perfect all day, and though the range was a bit muddy, it wasn't a big deal at all.

The prize table was loaded down with a ton of great stuff, the sponsors really came through. If USPSA has ever rubber-stamped anything, it should be this match for a separate Revolver Nationals. Over 70 shooters, and most squads finished early.

Hop and the rest of the gang knocked it out of the park, including with stats, pacing, conditions, and great courses of fire. I'm very glad I came down to this match, it was well worth the drive.

H.

I want to thank Sam and everyone else for putting this match on.

As a long time IDPA shooter I was told about this match at the Tri-States Regional IDPA match and decided to finally join USPSA and shoot this match. So this was my first sanctinoed match for the sport.

I will definitely be back next yeaar and bring as many of the locals revo guys as I can.

Wayne Ritchie