Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Revo ONLY match

hopalong

I know there were many folks who were involved with the match besides Sam and Brad so I'll just say THANKS to all who helped put on this match. It was great.

I got a kick watching Rodney May shoot on our first stage. Normally a production shooter with about six moonclips through a revolver before the match (that's when he broke Sam's gun :surprise: ) he was hollering "This thing kicks!!! as he went down range. I discovered that I'm not the only one that talks to the targets, RO's or anyone/thing that will listen while I shoot. It was a great time

thanks again.

I'll be back next year :cheers:

dj

And Dennis, as we found out, everyone in your squad liked you......not a one wanted to LAMR until you were up-range. :)

Uhhh... Mrs. Jarrell was happy about that!!!!

ME TOO

dj

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was a bummer that I had to cancel at the last minute. I really wanted to shoot this match. God willing I'll be there next year and I WANT MY CHAIR THERE. :D

On another subject, SONS OF NEMO got his fingers blistered putting a little something-something together for the match. If you have any feedback on the little one's work, please post it HERE. I hope you liked them.

Til next time

B)

It was a bummer that I had to cancel at the last minute. I really wanted to shoot this match. God willing I'll be there next year and I WANT MY CHAIR THERE. :D

On another subject, SONS OF NEMO got his fingers blistered putting a little something-something together for the match. If you have any feedback on the little one's work, please post it HERE. I hope you liked them.

Til next time

B)

I got one and they are great! Thanks for donating to the match!

John

Misson Accomplished!

Just wanted to say thanks to Sam and his great crew for a great match! I have been told that revolver shooter are a different "Breed" and I like it! I have been to several major matches and always felt a little uncomfortable. Not here! It didn't matter who I talked to I really felt like I've known them for years!

As far as my mission goes now that the cats out of the bag :ph34r:, I can tell by the amounts of groans from pulled toenails (polish plate rack) when they called me up to the prize table my misson was complete!

I also learned some new southern volcabulary (Rodney :roflol: ) like "More bullets, More Bullets and get in there you *#*, and that thing Kicks, and lets Play!

So for my first Revolver match , I'M HOOKED! and if there's any 25-2's out there collecting dust let me know. I GOTTA GET ME ONE!

And if the primer god's smile down on me I will be there next year!................sixinch

Edited by sixinch

Til next time

B)

Got two of them at the Memphis Charity Challenge. One Red and one Red and Black. They will be on my range bag and everyone will know who made them and where I got them.

Thanks for helping out.

See you next year Nemo. Try and bring the CWO (Chief Working Officer) of Sons of Nemo with you. I'll have a gun for you to shoot and him too if he's with you.

PAT

Thank you to Sam and all of the staff for a great match! It seemed a little more laid back than other major matches. It must have been because of all the good people that were there, donating to a good cause.  I am already looking forward to next year. We will see if we can't get some of Ohio's Master class revo shooters down there (Flex and Pharoah). It was great hanging out with John, Pat, and Sam. I wonder if Tom was able to get that weather vane on the roof without his wife knowing.   :goof:

Thanks Sam for pulling this match together. And thanks Brad for spelling my name right.

My total revolver experience has now past 500 rounds and I think I kind of like these strange guns. I was really surprised that I didn't try to shove a moonclip in the butt of the gun at anytime during the match.

Barring unforseen conflicts I plan on being there next year and this time I'll be a bit more prepared.

Thanks Sam for pulling this match together. And thanks Brad for spelling my name right.

My total revolver experience has now past 500 rounds and I think I kind of like these strange guns. I was really surprised that I didn't try to shove a moonclip in the butt of the gun at anytime during the match.

Barring unforseen conflicts I plan on being there next year and this time I'll be a bit more prepared.

Heh, the first reload I made at the Production match this year, I tried to grab a moonclip off of my belt to reload a Glock. I feel your confusion.

H.

Great match Sam!

Enjoyed seeing fellow wheelgunners - some for the first time. It was definitely a lot more relaxed match than most majors and the polish plate rack was fun to shoot - although it was more fun to watch others TRY to shoot it :)

Blueridge, good shooting with you. A word of advice- save up and get some SL Variant speedloaders for that hogleg.

Jerry

Shortly before the shooters meeting, I was up on the deck looking over some five dozen people with revolver rigs strapped on as they milled about. All I could do was smile and wish I had brought a camera. Thanks again Sam, for the opportunity to be a part of this event. Thanks to all my fellow RO's, and thanks also to the shooters. Not just for coming, but for being the sportsmen and women, and the all around great folk that you are. I wish I could have met everybody, hopefully in the years to come I will.

Hop,

Thanks for a great weekend of shooting. Usually, I'm the ONLY revo shooter at any local match in the Pittsburgh area, so the opportunity to shoot with a full squad, and compete against 6 dozen revo shooters was too much!

BTW, I'd gotten into the mindset that revo shooters lay out plans on how to shoot a stage different from bottom feeders. It only took 2 stages to make it clear that even revo shooters can have different plans than other revo shooters.

And with the potential for screwing up that plan with just a single bad shot, we have the highest risk factor out there of any division.

Great match Sam!

Enjoyed seeing fellow wheelgunners - some for the first time. It was definitely a lot more relaxed match than most majors and the polish plate rack was fun to shoot - although it was more fun to watch others TRY to shoot it :)

Blueridge, good shooting with you. A word of advice- save up and get some SL Variant speedloaders for that hogleg.

Jerry

I had a blast shooting with you and all those in my squad. I have considered using other speedloaders than the HKS that I use currently, but have not found ones that work for 45 Colt. I really don't feel that I am efficient enough with the HKS speedloaders to change to another type at this time. Once I practice reloads more I will be able to gauge how much I might need to change to another type.

Edited by Blueridge

Awesome match Hop and all the gang that made it happen. I know putting on a big match is a ton of work and it doesn't go unnoticed. Also special thanks to the RO's for working their butts off all day.

Weather for us was perfect, I heard they had some sprinkles on Friday but I didn't notice.

Got to shoot with Professor, National Champ, Bob, Phil and a bunch of cool (for revolver guys) dudes.

I was lucky enough to get one of Bob's moon clip holders so ya'll will quit making fun of my old school basket weave and california clip holders.

I was also lucky enough to grab one of Sons of Nemo key fobs......will definitely put that to use. Pretty cool of a young start up to make such a large donation to the sport.

As Professor mentioned above....one bad shot and I coulda been a contender! Next year!!!

OK, a little time to reflect.

Thanks to all who came and was part of the First of what I hope is many MEMPHIS CHARITY CHALLENGE s It was my hope to just exceed the majic "40" number that was set at the nationals a few years back. I want to thank many people, but for sure:

The Memphis Sport Shooting Assn and the staff of the range.

Bill Grewe the Action pistol representative on the MSSA Board of Directors

Brad Griffin stats and help keeping up the Benos info going

Gary Stevens

Without those 3 agreeing to help back in March when I statged getting this arranged, I would not have even attempted it.

All my Range officers:

Elizabeth Peeler (who is doing an Article for Front sight also), Rodney May, William Weinell, John Keller, Lynn Jones, William Sigler, Brad Griffin, Deb and Dale Pankratz, Randy Uy, Dundee Uy, Lance Cowell, Bob DuBois, Bill Baldock, Craig Bowman, Rick and Sue Vanblaricum.

Most of them came to me after the match and complemented you guys and gals for your hard work and good attitudes and all to a T said they'd shoot anywhere anytime with you "Revolver shooters".

I also want to thank Farley "Polish Platerack" Collins for his "Toy" you either love it or hate it..................most of you loved it I know !!! :devil:

The "Speeloader" catagorie went well, I want to thank Cliff for moving over to it to help get the numbers up (Yes Cliff. I did gig you at the results, but I know why you did shoot "Speeloader") I hope next year the catagorie doubles or better.

Again as I mentioned at the match. The prize table did not cost the match a single dime. All of it was donated.

Donors in no particular order.

SMITH & WESSON

SPRINGFIELD ARMORY

MGM Targets

GLOCK

Bang Inc. (Jerry and Kay M.)

Carmonize

James Austin

NORTH MOUNTAIN

PSKY moon caddies

Sabre Defence

Speedy Rack (Elliot A.)

ICORE Southern Regional

Mississippi Classic

Mississippi 3-gun Challenge

Steel City Carbine Championship

MEGA MACHINE (Ar-15 upper and lower)

Hearthco

Off the Press Printing (Rick Miller)

Tennessee Section

North Salt lake Welding

Ranch Products

Shooters Connection

and many individual contributors (I may have missed some, please if you donated please don't be mad as I'm working off my terrible memory).

Brian Enos Forums without them I know this wouln't have been half as good in the participation catagorie :cheers::cheers::cheers:

The biggest thing here though.

The bank statement today said we had a little over $7000 in it, and that does not include the MGM auction and side match.

So I still have to pay USPSA fees, and a few other fees but it looks like we'll be giving St. Jude Childrens Research Hospital I guess somewhere in the $7250 range. Thanks to all of you for that !!! :bow::bow:

Remember the next years challenge.......................bring one more back. ! :cheers:

Hopalong

In case you were interested a small write up is on the lagator.org web site. Here is a link Memphis write up Had a balst gald to have been able to meet soem of the Benos tribe. Now if I can only remember their real names

In case you were interested a small write up is on the lagator.org web site. Here is a link Memphis write up Had a balst gald to have been able to meet soem of the Benos tribe. Now if I can only remember their real names

It is nice to get recognized, even because I am using a "hand cannon" of a revolver. :rolleyes: For the record my Ruger Alaskan is .454 Casull/.45 Colt caliber, loaded with heavy (only 0.4 grains from max using Titegroup) .45 Colt loads. ;)

It was great to meet several people that I knew only from thier posts on here. I look forward to next years match already, but I request that the Polish Plate Rack be banned! :lol:

but I request that the Polish Plate Rack be banned!

lol..You know after watching my run on the plate rack you would think that I would never want to see it again either. However, after I calmed down a bit the rack really wasn't that bad.

Okay, I'll admit it was not too bad, but it made a texas star look like child's play. Give me a couple of those over a polish plate rack any day. Only two more plates and easier to time the shots.

Edited by Blueridge

To Sam and Crew: Thanks for a great match. Sixinch and I are already thinking about next year, in fact he is the new owner of my backup 625, I promised him that I had used up all of the Mikes in the gun with my less than spectacular performance last week :devil:! One of my concerns is that with his new interest in revolvers and winter coming on he may come up with something even more diabolical than his polish plate rack.

Hope to see you all soon.