Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

6" 2011 Limited Guns

dirtypool40

fatfreeRenee02RGNats.jpg

Current photo of my slightly used Long Slide (one of the very 1st Fat Frees that Benny ever made)

Inset (cover photo from 02 Race Gun Nats issue of Front Sight Magazine - before the hard chrome)

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's my newly plumbed together 6" limited gun. Frame and slide are STI, Kart barrel, BoMar rear that was collecting dust in a drawer, Koenig hammer, misc parts by EGW, Wilson, Brown, MGW, Dawson, STI, and yours truly. It's in the white, mostly. Weight is 2.23lbs....35.6 ounces.

post-6348-1209691600.jpg

post-6348-1209691622.jpg

Dan, that has a great industrial look to it, looks awesome, can't wait to see it at a match

Mike,

I plan to be at Harvard's next match. Scott wants to see it too. I was telling him about the plan last time I saw him.

What isn't visible is the slide is flat topped and serrated 40 lpi and the rear of the slide serrated 50 lpi to go with the BoMar. The grasping grooves are cut on a radius to match the curve of the rear of the slide.

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

Hello: I just finished my 6" STI and now I just have to post the pics. It is still in the white until I can find all the sharp corners to round off. I will try to post the pics this weekend. Thanks, Eric

Eric, this seems to be a very common thing right now. :D Don't forget some of the particulars concerning the build.

PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD FOR 2011 / CASPIAN / PARA HIGH CAP LIMITED GUN ONLY.

SORRY, NO GLOCKS ALLOWED.

Here's one to get you started, a little snap of my new one I hope to have tomorrow.

:surprise:

Here's a 6" that Matt Cheely just built up. I picked it up today and I've only got about 200 rounds through it but it's a great shooting gun. No malf's in the first 200 rounds and I'm confident it'll keep running. It's very accurate. I'm going to be putting a lot of rounds through it very soon to get this beauty broke in. Matt did a great job on this piece. Thanks Matt!!

post-6525-1210194573.jpg

post-6525-1210194732.jpg

Here's a 6" that Matt Cheely just built up. I picked it up today and I've only got about 200 rounds through it but it's a great shooting gun. No malf's in the first 200 rounds and I'm confident it'll keep running. It's very accurate. I'm going to be putting a lot of rounds through it very soon to get this beauty broke in. Matt did a great job on this piece. Thanks Matt!!

Get it broke in? I thought you said it was running fine?

Have you tried any lighter bullets in it?

Here's my newly plumbed together 6" limited gun. Frame and slide are STI, Kart barrel, BoMar rear that was collecting dust in a drawer, Koenig hammer, misc parts by EGW, Wilson, Brown, MGW, Dawson, STI, and yours truly. It's in the white, mostly. Weight is 2.23lbs....35.6 ounces.

You still got Dan, looks great! :popcorn1:

Get it broke in? I thought you said it was running fine?

Have you tried any lighter bullets in it?

It ran perfect. Matt told me the slide to frame fit was tight and he was right (which is a good thing). Just gotta shoot it some more to break that fit in more. I ran 3 different loads with 165 grain Barry's bullets and I also ran 3 different loads with 180 grain Barry's bullets. I've still got a lot more testing to do but of the loads I ran today I liked the 165 grain bullet the best. It seemed to just snap the front sight up slightly and landed right back where I was aiming.

post-6525-1210200935.jpg

This will be the first time I've ever had something in my hands this long. It was only a matter of time before I had to try one of these 6 inchers and a Bedell Custom of course !

post-5079-1210248157.jpg

post-5079-1210248165.jpg

post-5079-1210248181.jpg

This will be the first time I've ever had something in my hands this long. It was only a matter of time before I had to try one of these 6 inchers and a Bedell Custom of course !

Clint

Have you had time to make an opinion on the Fiber Optic Front and Rear Sight combo?

Mark