Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

6" 2011 Limited Guns

dirtypool40

Clint

Have you had time to make an opinion on the Fiber Optic Front and Rear Sight combo?

Mark

Probably not. He's still in shock thinking, "so this is what six inches feels like....".

Really nice looking rod though, no doubt!

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jason,

Very nice blaster. I got my slide lightened by Matt and got it back last week. Unfortunatly I won't be able to take pics until next week. I am still running it in the white but I am liking it alot. I shot my 6" at the special classifier this past weekend in Prescott and it felt good. I do need to try the lighter bullets as I only have 180's. It looks like there will be at least two 6" limited guns on our squad in New Mexico.

Neal in AZ

Here's a 6" that Matt Cheely just built up. I picked it up today and I've only got about 200 rounds through it but it's a great shooting gun. No malf's in the first 200 rounds and I'm confident it'll keep running. It's very accurate. I'm going to be putting a lot of rounds through it very soon to get this beauty broke in. Matt did a great job on this piece. Thanks Matt!!

Well after some hassles with the store my gun was shipped to and then being "delayed" on the background check for the second time in a year (that damn NY trip is still messing with me) my six inch has arrived. It is an SVI frame with a Caspian slide.

The IonBond finish is so sweet. I am headed to the range today or tomorrow to put about 400-500 rounds through it. I want to get it broken in nicely before heading to Area 8.

post-8197-1210355672.jpgpost-8197-1210355709.jpg

Jason,

Very nice blaster. I got my slide lightened by Matt and got it back last week. Unfortunatly I won't be able to take pics until next week. I am still running it in the white but I am liking it alot. I shot my 6" at the special classifier this past weekend in Prescott and it felt good. I do need to try the lighter bullets as I only have 180's. It looks like there will be at least two 6" limited guns on our squad in New Mexico.

Neal in AZ

Here's a 6" that Matt Cheely just built up. I picked it up today and I've only got about 200 rounds through it but it's a great shooting gun. No malf's in the first 200 rounds and I'm confident it'll keep running. It's very accurate. I'm going to be putting a lot of rounds through it very soon to get this beauty broke in. Matt did a great job on this piece. Thanks Matt!!

Thanks Neal. Matt did some great work on this gun and I'm very impressed by his attention to detail. I've still got a lot of testing to do but you may like the lighter bullet as well. I'm going to try a 200 grain soon. But if I had to choose today I would choose a 165 grain and I've always liked a 180 grain or a 200 grain but the 6" feels better to me, so far, with lighter bullets.

Kimberacp,

Matt put a Scheumann barrel in it. He test fired it and said it was accurate but I didn't realize how right he was until I shot it at 25 yards. It was EASY to make one ragged hole at 25 yards.

• 2 weeks later...
I really like the reverse cocking serrations

Me too... I haven't seen reverse cocking serrations like this on any other pistol...

Hats off to to Benny for another brilliantly designed and beautifully executed pistol! :cheers:

Benny, if you get rid of all of those customers you will have plenty of time to make really cool things for yourself. If you figure out how please give me a call and let me know how you did it, I have a thousand ideas and no time too!!

I saw one that Venry did with reverse serrations, very sexy

:popcorn:

edited to add the food

You mean like this one (that is mine) ?

Display6in.jpg

D'oh! Yeah, like those reverse cocking serrations right there!

Beautiful pistol Zerwas... Venry's work is gorgeous! :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I got my 6 inch done, has the cuts you can see, but inside the slide up near muzzle I reached in through recoil plugs hole and took more metal out there, will try and get better pics. Old 5 inch below it.

post-4565-1212639684.jpg

post-4565-1212639749.jpg

Hello: Here is the STI 6" I just built(my first one). It is still in the white to make sure everything is the way I want it. There is nothing like having a sharp edge after you have it finished. I would just like to thank Benny Hill for his looking over my shoulder on the barrel fitting and lock up. Thanks, Eric

post-9254-1213044241.jpg

post-9254-1213044311.jpg

post-9254-1213044324.jpg

post-9254-1213044336.jpg

post-9254-1213044406.jpg

Edited by Aircooled6racer

Clint

Have you had time to make an opinion on the Fiber Optic Front and Rear Sight combo?

Mark

Probably not. He's still in shock thinking, "so this is what six inches feels like....".

Really nice looking rod though, no doubt!

CLINT

Sooooo, now that you know what a six inch feels like, any thoughts on the fiber optic rear sights??