Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which optic are you running?

Dfehr401

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've tried them all in open. Bigger is better? old cmore sits too high. 510 feels a bit too big body wise. RTS2 is nice and used them for a long time. But the sig xl is what I liked best. Feels like the perfect size window/body and super bright dot.

I just switch the SRO off prodigy for a 507 comp. I really like it but if someone makes a plate to squeeze a sig xl on the prodigy I bet I slap one there too. But for the money 507 comp will be hard to beat if they don't get tore up easy 

10 minutes ago, Chillywig said:

I've tried them all in open. Bigger is better? old cmore sits too high. 510 feels a bit too big body wise. RTS2 is nice and used them for a long time. But the sig xl is what I liked best. Feels like the perfect size window/body and super bright dot.

I just switch the SRO off prodigy for a 507 comp. I really like it but if someone makes a plate to squeeze a sig xl on the prodigy I bet I slap one there too. But for the money 507 comp will be hard to beat if they don't get tore up easy 

507 comp is what I just put on a 2011, im hoping it holds up alright. Hopfully shooting 9 minor will be a long life lived. Thus far for the price point, I dont think it can be beat 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, OPENB said:

That's Optics Planet. I took a chance and ordered a green one, great price and I'm not in a hurry. Fingers crossed.

I hear you about optic planet, my experience with dvor has been mostly positive, their prices are not that great,  it every so often they do have a great sale

I already received a shipping notice and should have it tomorrow

I have a green 507 comp that I put on one of my CO guns but took it back off and returned to a 509 ACSS. I liked the bigger window but the dot/circle combinations were strange, the best I could get was using the 8moa circle and the dot but it too was strange.

I tried the Holosun green dots and couldn't get use to them.  Put a Razo on the 2011 and have had good success with it.  Customer service has been excellent.  First one died on a Saturday, called them Monday and had replacement on Wednesday.  Pulled out the old single stack race gun to run steel challenge with its old Tasco PDP2, somehow it is still working.  Ran my old Bianchi Cup revolver in steel challenge with the Amipoint 3000, that thing won't die!

On 11/15/2023 at 1:53 PM, motosapiens said:

all dots eventually stop working. Sig has a pretty fast and painless warranty process at least.

Some dots breaking is the rule instead of the exception it seems. 

I was running the Sig Romeo 3XL until it broke (battery connection and buttons). Asked around and everyone else running Sig dots had theirs break as well. Used Sigs great warranty service to get a replacement and promptly sold the replacement.

SRO on the gun now. A broken Trijicon is a rare occurrence and I have noticed no difference in my ability to shoot the gun by switching to it.

5 minutes ago, Silent said:

Some dots breaking is the rule instead of the exception it seems. 

I was running the Sig Romeo 3XL until it broke (battery connection and buttons). Asked around and everyone else running Sig dots had theirs break as well. Used Sigs great warranty service to get a replacement and promptly sold the replacement.

SRO on the gun now. A broken Trijicon is a rare occurrence and I have noticed no difference in my ability to shoot the gun by switching to it.

Sig has redesigned the buttons on the r3. They seem to be much more durable. I’ve had no button issues since I send my optics in for warranty repair and they were replaced with the newer design.  

I use the R3xl but I have backups. I've sent multiple of them back. Thankfully the warranty is fantastic, and shipping is free.

I've had to send a couple RTS2 back as well, and while the company is great the shipping is not free.

I love the R3xl, biggest window and the cleanest dot. The RTS2 dot is much bigger/starbursty than the R3xl for the same moa.

• 4 months later...