Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is shooting Limited still cool?

ajewell93

I don’t even know what class I’m shooting in. 

The only mod I did is stipple the frame on my polymer pistol which supposedly changes the class I’m in. 

but on my single stack I can change grips ad nauseum with no class. 

like school in the summertime 

Edited by AngelDeVille

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, mikeg1005 said:

CO has already caused issues for limited... creating a division where you can shoot limited guns with a dot and not go into open will finish it.

It might not be an immediate thing but overtime people will opt for LO since people like 9mm and dots over 40 cal and irons. 

Agreed.

I’m as die hard Limited as anyone, but 9mm, slide ride optic “Limited” guns will be the death Nail for Limited as we know it. 

23 hours ago, Ssanders224 said:

Agreed.

I’m as die hard Limited as anyone, but 9mm, slide ride optic “Limited” guns will be the death Nail for Limited as we know it. 

26 minutes ago, cheby said:

It will be the death nail for Open. 

CO already is 9mm slide ride optic Limited,,  Asinine to create 2 of them... Whats the competitive difference ? mag funnels ? Like they matter in a 23 round gun

On 2/20/2023 at 3:15 PM, motosapiens said:

I think CO is the new hotness, and lots of people are getting CO rigs and trying it out. Just like PCC tho, some of those people will either eventually decide it's annoying to be in a division where the shooting is so easy (so they have to do everything else much faster), or they will just alternate years or something.

Yes and no,

a friend of mine grabbed a pile-o-Practiscore match results (like many thousand matches going back before CO and PCC) what it showed division wise was.

PCC peaked a couple years ago and is pretty steady where its at.

CO is still growing but hasn't crested yet probably net year or so depending on what happens with LO (90% of LO shooters are likely CO shooters)

Open has been very consistent throughout the practiscore years

Production that was the #2 div a few years back is dying fast, like really fast 

Limited is if not dying its really sick, the participation % graph looks pretty bad but there is hope it may land at PCC level participation.

SS is dead and always has been

L10 is dead and only getting deader

Revo is dead and always has been

Gotta agree with Cheby. I can see LO taking from open more than limited. Can definitely see newer people going to LO instead of open to avoid cost or gun wear of open and just being way more of an accessible step up $ vs trying to jump from something like prod/CO to open. 

On 2/21/2023 at 5:07 PM, AngelDeVille said:

The only mod I did is stipple the frame on my polymer pistol which supposedly changes the class I’m in. 

Division is what your speaking of and stippling if completed in accordance with the rulebook is allowed and would not change your division.  

1 hour ago, NoSteel said:

Division is what your speaking of and stippling if completed in accordance with the rulebook is allowed and would not change your division.  

I’ll remember to ask Saturday, it’s just action pistol, I’m not sure I ever read the rule book, I just made my pistol the way I liked it. 

19 hours ago, cheby said:

It will be the death nail for Open. 

Nonsense.  Two of the Limited shooters I shoot with moved to CO last year.  Now both of them want Open guns.  It may just be my area, but we have lots of Open shooters.  The only thing holding them back, and a couple others I know, is primer availability.  They can shoot factory in CO.  Not so in Open.  No one in their right mind is going to spend $5-7k on an Open gun to shoot factory.

3 hours ago, Balakay said:

I doubt it and the and the proper phrase is "death knell" as opposed to the final "nail in the coffin".  

I think "death nail" is a unique expression which evokes powerful images.  A 6 inch gutter nail through the sternum would certainly be a death nail...:)

Edited by Makicjf

3 hours ago, zzt said:

Nonsense.  Two of the Limited shooters I shoot with moved to CO last year.  Now both of them want Open guns.  It may just be my area, but we have lots of Open shooters.  The only thing holding them back, and a couple others I know, is primer availability.  They can shoot factory in CO.  Not so in Open.  No one in their right mind is going to spend $5-7k on an Open gun to shoot factory.

This has been my experience as well CO is a gateway drug for Open.

1 hour ago, Makicjf said:

I think "death nail" is a unique expression which evokes powerful images.  A 6 inch gutter nail through the sternum would certainly be a death nail...:)

Maybe we should call it the death straw. I mean sure the camel isn't dead but his back is surely broken which is not a great place to be. This could be open's future. 

3 hours ago, zzt said:

Nonsense.  Two of the Limited shooters I shoot with moved to CO last year.  Now both of them want Open guns.  It may just be my area, but we have lots of Open shooters. 

i have observed the same phenomenon. once iron sight shooters get a taste of dot life, many of them want to continue and get major scoring and expensive guns. Quite a few new open shooters (and people currently waiting on open guns) here in the last 2-3 years. Mrs moto is one of them. After shooting limited for several years, she tried CO for the last 2 years, and her open gun is getting delivered next month. As she says, 'minor sucks'.

On 2/21/2023 at 5:07 PM, AngelDeVille said:

"supposedly"

There is a rulebook for our sport, you know

1 hour ago, usmc1974 said:

Okay, I'm not quite sure is Limited optics going to be scored major or minor Or both ? Because, if it is called minor. I don't see that changing anything and there's no reason to leave Carry optics.

We don't know.

1 hour ago, usmc1974 said:

Okay, I'm not quite sure is Limited optics going to be scored major or minor Or both ? Because, if it is called minor. I don't see that changing anything and there's no reason to leave Carry optics.

I think major/minor is yet to be determined.

The differences would be: magwells, thumb rest, slide rackers and single action triggers.

I'd guess the big 2 would be SAO and magwells, followed by thumb rest then the racker a distant fourth

Jason

Edited by Makicjf