Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Competition vs. Carry?

Stafford

Competed with a G17. Carried a G26 but always had the extended mag in it. So I sold it to my brother and now carry a 43xor 19.  Lately been trying out a G17 for carry. Love that big handle and the gun handles really well.

• 3 weeks later...

I compete regularly with a 34 in CO right now. Previously I used a 34 in production before switching to a milled 17 for CO. Now I have a Gen 5 34 MOSs that I can use for either. I usually carry a 43, however I also have a 48 and on occasion have carried a 19 or 17. Glock has a ton of options for slight size changes based on weather and situation. I find value in having similar trigger and grip/manual of arms as I size up or down for the situation.

34 competition. 17MOS carry. Used to carry a 27, but I hated it. Was looking for a 19MOS but they were universally out of stock. Extremely happy I went with the 17. Kept it stock but ran a couple of SC matches with it. Going to get my 34 slide cut (or a replacement slide) so I am not tempted to mod my carry gun. Carry the 17 daily and I never felt that it was too big or sticking out too much (except one time where I didn't plan well for taking off a layer).

When I was still shooting production - g34 for competition all day. My duty gun is a g17.

As for EDC: during the summer I’ll carry a g48/43x mos, during the winter I’ll use my g19.

love Glocks for carry, but have since transitioned to CZ for competition (limited/open)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...