Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Primers prices

usmc1974

2 hours ago, Sarge said:

For many reasons I am glad I never started smoking. A pack of cigarettes costs as much as a carton used to.

More! A carton at the res used to be $5. Hell, we would hoe weeds during the week and dad would give us $20 and a tank of gas. We could take out a date out for a movie, dinner, plus a 5th of hooch and still have some money left for Sunday afternoon at the lake.  Oh crap, I’m dating myself aren’t I?

Edited by Farmer

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A couple of years ago I found a receipt for a case of Federal SP primers.  It had faded a lot but best I could tell it was $52 or $55 for a case out the door.  I was loading 38 wadcutters on an RCBS single stage press (shooting PPC if anyone remembers that) until I got a Dillon 450.  Talk about hitting the afterburner on production!  And yes that was many moons ago.

14 minutes ago, PhotoRecon said:

State regulated price this morning...

20230225_074835.jpg

I was born and raised in NYC, many moons ago.  cigs hit $20 a pack back in 2008 if I remember correctly 

im at least happy primers are much easier to find now, even if still expensive. My last 10k order of Winchester Spp was 9cents per primer and that includes hazmat and shipping 

We are still so privileged to live in the US.  I have been in Australia for five and to use the cigarettes for an example, they are around $55 a pack on average and not allowed to able to be visible so that you are not tempted.  I am happy to see primers becoming a bit more available online.  Hopefully more local stores will start having stock as the hazmat fees are annoying.

I scored 8000 WSR at the gunshow today at$75 per, no tax, shipping or hazmat. I can get through the season now with my other primer scores. Natchez had a bunch of stuff available earlier this week, but not cheap. 

16 minutes ago, warpspeed said:

Looks like Expansion Industries is starting to get primers out for testing. :)

May be just in time. Heard tonight on the fake news that Ukraine and Russia are running low on ammo. Russia gets theirs from China and Ukraine from everyone else. Sooooo we’ll see where all this goes. 

3 hours ago, MikeyScuba said:

Up here HAZMAT starts @ $100 as it has to go via truck, not sure when it started but it’s recent.  Just hope it doesn’t take effect south of the 49th.  Seems the couriers want nothing to do with primers and powder.

Same old crap, if they don’t want you to have or use something they just price or tax it out of existence. Think of cigarettes, booze, R12, and now fuels. 

...  farmer, ever looked into how to make R12? 

I hear some group in southern china started making it  

and

got busted because there are satellites looking for 'tell tales'

what ever that is...

cigs I can make... booze I can make...

fuels are a logistics problem... and not hard to make...

see a pattern?

they are all better if you can buy them.

primers... are darned convenient.

miranda