Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

4 Leaf Sear Spring - yay or nay?

MuayThaiJJ

Ok, I got my two comp pistols running well. And of course, I need to tinker and find an even better trigger pull.

Does anyone have experience with Clark's 4-leaf sear spring?

I'm also going to install the Cammer Hammer on both, will report soon.

thanks!

A friend of mine, who is a competent 1911/2011 smith, prefers them and set up my 2011 with one, years ago (2 1/8 lb).  i had a 3 pack of them and tried to replicate the bends he had, but I could never get them just right, I gave up and took them to him to tune the extra two Clark 4 finger springs so I had them as backups, he had them both done in under 10 minutes and now I have 3 that work for that gun.  Personally though, I can't tune them right, but I have no problem setting up 3 finger springs correctly.  

I used them years ago when they 1st came out for my open gun triggers and they worked fine.  However later on the ones I bought were inconsistent, I’d go thru 3-4 to get 1 tuned right.

now days there are much better options 

As above.  I have used them, or at least tried to use them, on several 1911's.  Inconsistent results

Someone working with them all the time can probably make them sing like an angel.  Otherwise, three springs work well in millions of 1911's...

Been using Clark's 4 finger sear spring in all my guns for more than 25 yrs. They give me a lot more ability to fine tune my triggers and I have never had one fail.

Edited by Dranoel

1 hour ago, jim vaughan said:

The biggest problem with 3 leaf springs is getting one that is long enough on the left hand leaf.

I have many that are too short for STI plastic grips.

Try Wolff brand...  I have an RIA that seemed cut a bit long and a couple springs from my box o parts was too short. Wolff spring worked fine.

12 hours ago, jim vaughan said:

The biggest problem with 3 leaf springs is getting one that is long enough on the left hand leaf.

I have many that are too short for STI plastic grips.

These work really well for those frames that may not be exactly to spec..............

https://www.egwguns.com/evolved-1911-sear-spring-2-pack

👍