Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Coated Bullets in stock anywhere?

TheIceman93

I used Brazos for a while. Had many problems like listed here. Inconsistent sprue was annoying but not detrimental imo. Got a batch of 45 RNLG and there was basically no coating in the LG when I asked them about it they said that was normal. Sent me a new bag after I continued complaining and there was more of the same. Had maybe 1 bullet that was only a half bullet in every other case or so. I can understand missing a little mess up like that, but how can they let a product that looks like that out the door? 

all in all, I did not get terrible leading and I got really good accuracy out of the .357” 147gr RN over 3.0gr Titegroup. But, the negatives out weighed the pros. Especially when they raised their prices. Blue Bullets for me now. 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Rpope423 said:

SeFYwfF.jpgGive this guy a shout, I’m part of the painting process and we have 5gal buckets of each profile sitting back ready to ship. 

Sure hope those prices are not for "each".... lol.   @Rpope423 would help if the quantity was posted with the price.

BC

33 minutes ago, Rpope423 said:

Per 1000

Is that the shipped price? I googled the name and looks like a different company's website is all I see.

And with this advertising I hope they are going to become a vendor here.

You guys had me worried to no purpose.

MY Brazos order came in on time and in good condition.

Fully coated and as round as the slow delivery brand I had been using.

Same mould number, they loaded to the same OAL and gauged.

I will probably buy some more, enough to match my remaining supply of small pistol primers. 

I just got my brazos order in today. They look good. The coating could be a little thicker, but they're all 100% coated. No defects in the 1 15# batch I looked through. Worst I saw was a few that had slightly different color.

I took 10 out and weighed them. They're a little more than 147.

They averaged 149.82gr, and SD was only .63gr.

I measured the dia on the same 10, and every single one was .3565 (I don't have the best calipers).

No problems for me, imma chootem. 

I have 9mm coated 124 and 147 bullets from Hoosier Bullets. Ordered and arrived in just over a week - to Alaska! Hoosier gets big kudos for a website showing what is in stock and ready to ship. I have more 9mm bullets in the mail from DG bullets, they shipped in under a week.

On 1/14/2021 at 3:14 AM, AkBruce said:

I have 9mm coated 124 and 147 bullets from Hoosier Bullets. Ordered and arrived in just over a week - to Alaska! Hoosier gets big kudos for a website showing what is in stock and ready to ship. I have more 9mm bullets in the mail from DG bullets, they shipped in under a week.

Great group of folks.

I just visited his operation last week (1/8/21) and picked up 1000 .45 ACP.

He's ramping up operations and bringing on more full time help to meet the demand.

He ships USPS Priority mail.

Give him a try!

https://hoosierbullets.com/

They are also on Facebook.

On 1/6/2021 at 11:29 AM, Intheshaw1 said:

Is that the shipped price? I googled the name and looks like a different company's website is all I see.

And with this advertising I hope they are going to become a vendor here.

I tried to look up their website but couldn't find it. 

I found a website for a similar name but not for Brass Monkey Bullets LLC. 

Always looking for new Bullets to try. 

30 minutes ago, Jsjac said:

I tried to look up their website but couldn't find it. 

I found a website for a similar name but not for Brass Monkey Bullets LLC. 

Always looking for new Bullets to try. 

I gave up trying, I'll just stick with my tried and true BBIs