Coated Bullets in stock anywhere?

TheIceman93

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, ClayBuster said:

I’m sure USPS is going to take 20 or so day to deliver them though

You got that right.  My 2-day delivery Priority Mail package shipped from NH on the 10th, got set to Nebraska, then to Iowa where it sat for a week or so, then to DE, then to PA and delivered on the 28th.  A buddy is still waiting on gun parts shipped 25 days ago.

2 hours ago, MakBaba said:

I’ve been buying 750 135s from Blue this past year. Each time taking 4-5 weeks to arrive. Thought I would bump it up to 2200 on 9/24. Still waiting. 😬

I am out 2 months now for my 125gr bullets.

At the beginning of December I was looking for some .40 caliber hole punchers and was checking the usual go to's. I found the Acme undated their stock daily and they limit orders to 1K. I also found a small outfit out of Texas called Cimarron Bullets, on a whim I placed an order for 1K. They arrived in a week and were just good looking coated bullets. The coating was uniform and cured properly, the weighs were consistent, the diameters were spot on, and the shot just fine. I will be placing orders with them in the future.   

I like to spread my money around and I've never had an issue with coated bullets from any vendor. They all worked fine for USPSA stuff.  

anybody hurting enough to want old school hardcast and wax lube in grove 40 180's ? got a bunch in my safe as balast.  I have plenty of moly and jacketed will probably never load them. Had em since ohhhhh the 90's.  If so will count boxes and post a FS add.

7 hours ago, MakBaba said:

I’ve been buying 750 135s from Blue this past year. Each time taking 4-5 weeks to arrive. Thought I would bump it up to 2200 on 9/24. Still waiting. 😬

The first batch of 19 cases on order w/ blue is from 10/7.  Was told last week mid-late Jan.  I would assume you should be getting them soon. 

Edited by echotango

I have a monthly subscription with Blue Bullet's and they are a couple months behind now. 

It is okay with me because it is winter and there are not too many matches this time of year. 

Looking back I should have at least doubled my order. Hind sight is 2020. 

On 1/3/2021 at 10:05 AM, Jim Watson said:

I ordered some Brazos coated the Monday after Christmas.  They are talking two weeks.  I figure two weeks from tomorrow, out to Jan 18 plus delivery time.

I did, too. Just received mine. Aren't they pretty? ...a couple of them were even round, a bonus.

IMG_4248.JPG.344d421ae0ad8031f247e6bdceaf8249.JPGIMG_4250.JPG.82c0f3b71069baee02947b0a6c0a072b.JPG

53 minutes ago, Rolex said:

Did you load those and then pull??

No, sir. Straight from the bag..."sizer chewed them" issues, they said. Also had coating issues on the majority of them (check out the pretty hues and the patchy coating on bottom ones, ignore the ones with no coating). :)

I like to bag on Acme bullets after having three "bad batches" where I could scrape off the coating with my fingernail, but these are a new low.

IMG_4269.thumb.JPG.a5690812b88f473ea6daa3df4cd6aebd.JPG

Summers Enterprises seems to be keeping wait times short by limiting the orders he takes.  (He closes his website when he gets a backlog.)

I put another order in with him this weekend.

Not to dry up my own source, but he's making and shipping good product.

Edited by johnmyster

On 12/30/2020 at 10:37 AM, zzt said:

You got that right.  My 2-day delivery Priority Mail package shipped from NH on the 10th, got set to Nebraska, then to Iowa where it sat for a week or so, then to DE, then to PA and delivered on the 28th.  A buddy is still waiting on gun parts shipped 25 days ago.

USPS no doubt?

14 hours ago, Terp said:

No, sir. Straight from the bag..."sizer chewed them" issues, they said. Also had coating issues on the majority of them (check out the pretty hues and the patchy coating on bottom ones, ignore the ones with no coating). :)

I like to bag on Acme bullets after having three "bad batches" where I could scrape off the coating with my fingernail, but these are a new low.

They look pretty bad, the other pictures you showed, they are looking really like crap.

17 hours ago, Terp said:

Well that sucks, I just ordered 4 bags of those. Probably from the same batch. Ugh.

You got any plans on what to do with them?

2 hours ago, jtaylor996 said:

Well that sucks, I just ordered 4 bags of those. Probably from the same batch. Ugh.

You got any plans on what to do with them?

Bill drills and bore cleaner :)

First order with them, so merely got bags of samples for various 9mm...round nose were less problematic, from a "void" perspective, but the coating was definitely crap on all bags.

I would have returned if I had ordered cases of them, but will just pee these away out back and move on. 

Hoping you have better luck with them than I did. 

2 minutes ago, Terp said:

Bill drills and bore cleaner :)

First order with them, so merely got bags of samples for various 9mm...round nose were less problematic, from a "void" perspective, but the coating was definitely crap on all bags.

I would have returned if I had ordered cases of them, but will just pee these away out back and move on. 

Hoping you have better luck with them than I did. 

I'll let you know how mine look when they show up. I got 4 15# bags (so 2.8k).

6 hours ago, RudyVey said:

They look pretty bad, the other pictures you showed, they are looking really like crap.

I wanted to try them out so I ordered 1000 135gr 9mm from them last year.

Many were like in the pictures above and consistency was garbage.  My Glock and one other pistol would run them but the rest hated them.