Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ TS 2

Nolf1344

5 hours ago, Superkaratemonkeyfighter said:

I guess CZ isnt sold on the bull barrels. 

Not sure why everybody else is. 

Me either.

Les Baer guarantees everything to do a 3" group at 50 yards and for an adder 1.5" at 50 , so the bull is not about practical accuracy in a pistol.

Maybe longevity? 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, regor said:

Anyone know if these are still going to use the TSO/TS mags? Seems weird that they are launching it without any .40 models.

The link on P1 was to CZ's website in CZ.  I don't believe .40's are all that popular (perhaps not legal?) in EU.  I'd imagine once they plan the EU rollout you'll see the .40 version.

1 hour ago, regor said:

Anyone know if these are still going to use the TSO/TS mags? Seems weird that they are launching it without any .40 models.

I bet it’ll still use the TSO/TS/Czechmate mags since the frame looks the same. CZ could have updated it with the shadow 2 style mag release with pad (since the adapted the extended safety) and TSO’s aluminum trigger. 

On 11/16/2020 at 3:59 PM, WildPete said:

Here's the link for the TS 2. Different colors, type 2 and 3 thumb rests aggressive checkering. I was hoping to see if the magwell would be blended in their little presentation.

https://www.czub.cz/en/firearms-and-products-family/cz-ts-2#property

In these animations, it looks like it uses the same TS mags as before.

43 minutes ago, George16 said:

I bet it’ll still use the TSO/TS/Czechmate mags since the frame looks the same. CZ could have updated it with the shadow 2 style mag release with pad (since the adapted the extended safety) and TSO’s aluminum trigger. 

It only looks like aesthetic changes to me. The current TSO comes with all of the features the TS2 Green is shown with on CZ's site.  

1 hour ago, 858 said:

It only looks like aesthetic changes to me. The current TSO comes with all of the features the TS2 Green is shown with on CZ's site.  

Sure is. The TS2 Green looks like it’s the upgraded version of the TS2.

6 minutes ago, muncie21 said:

The Tactical Sport was removed from CZ's 2020 catalog, although TSO is still listed.  Looks like CZ are preparing to release an improved TS, while still keeping the TSO.  With this in mind, I'd expect minor changes to the TSO also. 

That will be good since the DWX is still light years away from being made or released 😂.

15 hours ago, muncie21 said:

The link on P1 was to CZ's website in CZ.  I don't believe .40's are all that popular (perhaps not legal?) in EU.  I'd imagine once they plan the EU rollout you'll see the .40 version.

Lots of Europeans are using .40 for Major. No particular legal issues with the caliber (as long as you can get a handgun permit.... ) It just looks like many like 9mm even in IPSC Divisions where Major is possible. And people play other pistol games too, where Major does not exist.

At CZUB website you see it comes in .40 and 9mm... Nevertheless in Europe nobody buys a .40 anyway, the caliber is dying soon. I understand why since .40 is a difficult brass to prepare and expensive. 9mm makes more fun and sense (hello IPSC wake up). I see one new class for 9mm arising.... More logical...

On 11/17/2020 at 6:46 PM, IHAVEGAS said:

Me either.

Les Baer guarantees everything to do a 3" group at 50 yards and for an adder 1.5" at 50 , so the bull is not about practical accuracy in a pistol.

Maybe longevity? 

The advantage of the bull barrel is mostly to build more static weight out front, helps with recoil. Also, the cone lockup makes for a tight fit and helps accuracy, but a well fitted straight barrel locks up just as tightly and will be just as accurate. Key words are "well fitted", not every barrel is. 

The weight out front also makes for a more nose-heavy gun, which is not for everyone, even though it does tame recoil and muzzle flip. 

In practice, the differences are small. But given a choice, I'll go with the bull barrel. Every bit helps. 

Edited by mrd

I never understood the argument that the bull barrel is heavier.  To make room for the thicker barrel, material is removed from the slide.

I compared the weight of my Stock III and Limited Custom.  Both upper assemblies are within a few tenths of an oz of each other, just one has more in the barrel and the other the slide.

Now if you're in the "less slide mass is better camp" then the bull barrel dies give you that----same weight up front but with a lighter slide.

18 hours ago, goshimu said:

Looks like he engaged the safety on that run....

That reminds me. There's something about CZ safety levers that prevents me from getting the safety on, with the shooting hand thumb. Last I tried was a regualar TS with a wide lever. It was not a matter of strength: purely the angles of how the lever pivots.