Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Primers!

Intheshaw1

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our LGS had 5k of Federal SP a week or so ago for $39.95/k.  Of course, I found out about it immediately after my buddy bought a thou, his wife bought a thou, his sister-in-law bought a thou, and her friend did too.....

4 hours ago, mach1soldier said:

Everyone has had them. But they only last five minutes even with a 1-5k limit

Let’s post in stock deals here when we see them.

Restock coming at specific times? Late night, first thing or random business hours? 

Edited by Paulie

I got about 5k in August and another 10k last month. The discord notifications have helped but more so in learning that bass pro drops primers around midnight and Natchez around 1230 PM. I was able to get in 2 different 5k orders in October but I haven't looked since because I'm set for next year and probably half the following year.

8 hours ago, Intheshaw1 said:

I got about 5k in August and another 10k last month. The discord notifications have helped but more so in learning that bass pro drops primers around midnight and Natchez around 1230 PM. I was able to get in 2 different 5k orders in October but I haven't looked since because I'm set for next year and probably half the following year.

That’s helpful. 12 and 1:30 central time, right? 

I’ve never heard of  discord.com is there a particular group on Discord to follow that alerts to in stock components. 

2 hours ago, Paulie said:

That’s helpful. 12 and 1:30 central time, right? 

I’ve never heard of  discord.com is there a particular group on Discord to follow that alerts to in stock components. 

Yeah, central time. Bass pro drops at night and Natchez during the day. Download the app and sign up for notifications and people will post when they see stuff in stock. Be warned that if the notifications come up you have seconds to check out. 

What I did was set up accounts, added powder to.my cart everyday and when primers showed up I was ready to buy.

https://discord.gg/reloading

1 hour ago, Intheshaw1 said:

Yeah, central time. Bass pro drops at night and Natchez during the day. Download the app and sign up for notifications and people will post when they see stuff in stock. Be warned that if the notifications come up you have seconds to check out. 

What I did was set up accounts, added powder to.my cart everyday and when primers showed up I was ready to buy.

I've also recently been turned on to the reloading discord's notification feature and it's solid; snagged up 2K CCI SPP about 20 minutes ago.

A couple of stores in my area had CCI & Federal in stock for a few hours this week.  In store only, no shipping.  Seems like a production run was sent out to the distributors and retailers recently.  I wonder how long it will be before the next batch is headed to retailers?

18 hours ago, NuBLee said:

A couple of stores in my area had CCI & Federal in stock for a few hours this week.  In store only, no shipping.  Seems like a production run was sent out to the distributors and retailers recently.  I wonder how long it will be before the next batch is headed to retailers?

I wouldn't think anytime soon. More money appears to be made on factory ammo so that's where a lot of the components will go.

I've seen some LPPs locally but nothing else.

1 hour ago, boatdoc173 said:

although  they are  a bit pricey compared to "normal". I paid about  11-12 cents per primer  for these( cas e of 12,000)

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/885890872

compared to the gougers 20-40 cents pe r   primer  it is a deal. nice guy too

That's not terrible. I searched "Federal Small Pistol" on GunBroker just for fun.

I quickly found out... it was not fun.

How are people shipping primers? I thought they had specific restrictions and most of us normies couldn't do it?

On 11/27/2020 at 9:34 AM, Intheshaw1 said:

How the heck u use this app? Maybe I’m to old

10 hours ago, boatdoc173 said:

although  they are  a bit pricey compared to "normal". I paid about  11-12 cents per primer  for these( cas e of 12,000)

I'm checking from my phone and could be misreading thing, but I thought in the description of that link it says the auction is only for 1 box or 1500 primers. 

6 hours ago, Mancolt said:

I'm checking from my phone and could be misreading thing, but I thought in the description of that link it says the auction is only for 1 box or 1500 primers. 

Yes, that is what I see as well....the title is misleading! Scroll down and you see it is for one box of 1500 primers.

20 hours ago, boatdoc173 said:

According to my math on what I paid Canadian retail and taxes these are currently marked up 400%.  They are ok primers that won't load worth a damm in a PAL filler.  Strange given the the PAL and these primers are both from Italy....

59 minutes ago, MikeyScuba said:

According to my math on what I paid Canadian retail and taxes these are currently marked up 400%.  They are ok primers that won't load worth a damm in a PAL filler.  Strange given the the PAL and these primers are both from Italy....

try to do maintenance on the palfiller

7 hours ago, RudyVey said:

Yes, that is what I see as well....the title is misleading! Scroll down and you see it is for one box of 1500 primers.

Yep, not only is it extreme gouging, but on top of it, the seller seems to be intentionally misleading with the title and including just enough info in the description to be justified in not issuing a refund because the quantity is actually spelled out in the listing. Very deceptive, and changed my perception from one of "this is a decent seller" to "this is pretty disgusting, especially at a time when you can already sell primers for an extreme markup". To further mark it up because people aren't clear on the quantity they're buying is just plain wrong.

1 minute ago, Mancolt said:

Yep, not only is it extreme gouging, but on top of it, the seller seems to be intentionally misleading with the title and including just enough info in the description to be justified in not issuing a refund because the quantity is actually spelled out in the listing. Very deceptive, and changed my perception from one of "this is a decent seller" to "this is pretty disgusting, especially at a time when you can already sell primers for an extreme markup". To further mark it up because people aren't clear on the quantity they're buying is just plain wrong.

I hope, if the times get back to normal, we all remember these companies....we are having a choice where to spend our money. Definitely will not support businesses that are making major bucks now by price gouging!!