Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 and Carry optics

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, OpenshooterAclass4lyfe said:

I’ll save everyone the trouble.   Atlas Gunworks.  

they are not the only ones pushing for SA in carry optics, not by a long shot. I can think of at least 2 other mfrs of the top of my head that are lobbying for it....

14 minutes ago, motosapiens said:

they are not the only ones pushing for SA in carry optics, not by a long shot. I can think of at least 2 other mfrs of the top of my head that are lobbying for it....

S Veeeee is one 

43 minutes ago, Nathanb said:

And staccato

Really?  From what I have seen Staccato does not care about the competition market much anymore.

Don't get me wrong I really any manufacturer would gladly accept any rule change that would sell more of their product, but I do not think Staccato is really looking to drive rule changes in the competition world to sell their guns.  

5 minutes ago, Boomstick303 said:

Really?  From what I have seen Staccato does not care about the competition market much anymore.

Don't get me wrong I really any manufacturer would gladly accept any rule change that would sell more of their product, but I do not think Staccato is really looking to drive rule changes in the competition world to sell their guns.  

They are. It's easier for them to get their current models in than it is to change what they manufacture. Fit the competition to the gun rather than the gun to the competition. They don't care at all about the 40sw market, but they do care incredibly about selling 2011 style guns in 9mm with a dot on them.

All I want to know is can we get some comps and magwells on our carryops guns. Like a roland special, which is a real carry gun, that's what I'm hoping to see one day

Edited by RJH

10 minutes ago, Boomstick303 said:

Yep funny how a company that gave a giant F U to its biggest group of supporters now wants their supprt 

36 minutes ago, RJH said:

All I want to know is can we get some comps and magwells on our carryops guns. Like a roland special, which is a real carry gun, that's what I'm hoping to see one day

There is a division for that already.... Open. 🙂

23 minutes ago, OpenshooterAclass4lyfe said:

You mean… open?    They already allow that.  

No, I mean roland special. Carryops style guns, not 2011 style guns. And keep it minor only and 140 mm mags

9 minutes ago, OpenshooterAclass4lyfe said:

Well that just sounds like open minor with extra steps.    Doesn’t make much sense.  

Maybe even require flashlights, embrace your inner tactical 

And on second thought, maybe even allow 2011's after all, just make them use slide riders

Edited by RJH

I usually against adding Divisions to USPSA. However, I have been shooting Limited for decades and would love to continue doing so. The problem, old age eyes; would definitely benefit from a red dot sight. I don’t want to go to Open and change all my gear, just want to put red dot sight on my 2011. 

Maybe call the Division “Limited Optics?” Still be a major PF with all other Limited rule staying the same.

With the striker fired guns getting trigger pulls down in weight, a 2011 shouldn’t be an advantage. However, if that would screw up Carry Optics go for major Limited Optics. Bet a bunch of people would put red dot sights on their guns. 

OK, let the flaming begin.😀

The vision thing is very easily corrected with the right eyeglasses.  If you can't be bothered to do go that route, there's Carry Optics, which is where all the cool kids are anyway.  Limited is already shrinking and there's no need hasten its demise.

7 minutes ago, ltdmstr said:

The vision thing is very easily corrected with the right eyeglasses.  If you can't be bothered to do go that route, there's Carry Optics, which is where all the cool kids are anyway.  Limited is already shrinking and there's no need hasten its demise.

Unfortunately, I have tried more iterations of glasses than I care to count. I have old man’s eyes, Presbyopia, can’t see near of far. Have to use progressive lens; even tried progressive contacts, mono vision, you name it I tried it. Have shot major power factor LImited for all my life, even before hi caps. Would be cool to slap a red dot on my Limited gun and go shoot.

I use reading glasses to shoot limited. Front sight focus is all that is needed. Besides, sights are overrated anyway. Most of our game really requires littles accurate sighting. I think most of you know what I mean. I shoot Limited. Only limited. Almost 70. Don’t need no stinkin’ optic!

2 hours ago, ltdmstr said:

this would be true if it weren’t false. iron sights requires you to be able to adequately see both sights and targets. presbyopia makes that harder as you get older.

2 hours ago, BritinUSA said:

Shoot it in Open and use the Practiscore App to see where you would have finished in Limited.

No sport can please all the people, all the time

this is a sensible idea. honestly by the time i cant see well enough to shoot irons, im not going to be a threat to the open gms at my club anyway. i bet 40 open with no comp would be a hoot... and i could probably even get a barrel with a comp for not too much. i certainly wouldn’t want a whole new division with1-3 shooters just to pretend i was winning something.

19 minutes ago, motosapiens said:

this would be true if it weren’t false. iron sights requires you to be able to adequately see both sights and targets. presbyopia makes that harder as you get older.

Really?  I have presbyopia and manage pretty good with glasses made specifically for shooting.  Strong eye is corrected for my sights and weak eye is corrected for distance.   Takes some getting used to, but works great. 

48 minutes ago, ltdmstr said:

Really?  I have presbyopia and manage pretty good with glasses made specifically for shooting.  Strong eye is corrected for my sights and weak eye is corrected for distance.   Takes some getting used to, but works great. 

I tried that but did not work out too well for me. Currently I have Hunter’s Gold which were made per their Optician; “This is Chris with Hunters HD Gold and I am the certified optician. If I am understanding correctly, I think a reg progressive like your everyday glasses with the height of the progressive raised up higher would take care of this for you in one pair of glasses. This would make it so that you will still have your distance vision across the top for both eyes and the intermediate portion which is what you need for iron sights would be raised up so that you would not have to tilt your head back to see your iron sights.”

For me, this seems to work best. 

For the record, I am not saying I cannot shoot my iron sighted Limited gun, just thought it would be cool a a it easier to shoot it with. Red dot sight. I don’t think I would be the only one. Just one man’s musings.