Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 and Carry optics

1 minute ago, motosapiens said:

everyone I personally know who shoots CO likes increased weight limit and the ability to personalize their guns more and make them fit better. I have not heard a single person outside this forum complain about the changes or wish they could go back to the good old 10-round days.

I've talked to a lot of guys who think the 59 oz and the flashlights where silly. But no one wants to go back to 10 rounds. I think the 140's are really what made the division, all the other stuff did nothing to improve the division. 

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, zzt said:

9mm minor in a 2011 with a dot already has a Division.  It is Open minor. 

^This.

it is so tiresome to hear about people wanting participation ribbons.  The Tactards with their fleshlights and RMRs on 2011s are going to get smashed in CO or Open minor.  It just doesn't matter.  Just shoot Open

9 minutes ago, Balakay said:

^This.

it is so tiresome to hear about people wanting participation ribbons.  The Tactards with their fleshlights and RMRs on 2011s are going to get smashed in CO or Open minor.  It just doesn't matter.  Just shoot Open

#onlyshootopen

2 hours ago, Racinready300ex said:

I've talked to a lot of guys who think the 59 oz and the flashlights where silly. But no one wants to go back to 10 rounds. I think the 140's are really what made the division, all the other stuff did nothing to improve the division. 

I agree with this. I’ve found it to be a ton of fun with the 140s but the weight and flashlights is a bit much 

4 hours ago, shred said:

On the single-action 2011-type guns only.  It's not hard to measure; NRA's been doing it for decades, IPSCs been doing it for many years on a much wider variety of guns.  Just don't be that guy that has to shoot 125.000001 PF ammo or a 3.50001 lb trigger and it'll be fine.  Swap in a new sear spring if you want to use the same frame for other divisions.  That's the only geometry change needed for a 2011 starting with a lighter trigger.

Don't want to mess with any of that?  Don't shoot a 2011 in CO.

so, folks that don't shoot 2011s want to handicap the crap out of them.  if you're going to allow them, allow them without some stupid trigger pull crap.  and sure it's hard to measure, at a recent larger match, the guy at chrono couldn't even get my mag right in the mag gauge.  and, only one type of gun is subject to this trigger rule...

So … does anyone like the idea of production and limited CO classes? That way Da/sa and strikers do not have to compete with the SAO guns. (Although many of the striker fired guns are truly SA gun just without a hammer) it not only gives the 2011 a place in CO, but other guns like CZ TS. Again I say take production add optic and then take limited add optic. This would also still allow for the open shooters to feel like they are something special. This would grow our sport. 

5 minutes ago, Gcarr said:

So … does anyone like the idea of production and limited CO classes? That way Da/sa and strikers do not have to compete with the SAO guns. (Although many of the striker fired guns are truly SA gun just without a hammer) it not only gives the 2011 a place in CO, but other guns like CZ TS. Again I say take production add optic and then take limited add optic. This would also still allow for the open shooters to feel like they are something special. This would grow our sport. 

in a word, No.  everyone is tired of "growing the sport".  having to register for a match within 1-2 minutes after it opens sux.    having 50 divisions to choose from sux (unless you shoot SC, in which time you just want a ribbon).  buying the new hotness garb to bolt on yer gun sux.  flashlights suck.  rifles at handgun matches suck.  rule changes suck.  do you get the idea?

6 hours ago, Racinready300ex said:

I like the extra weight, and the flashlights. It's like dangling a stupid option that looks good in a stage design and getting people to do the wrong thing because they are bad at math.

46 minutes ago, Gcarr said:

I think the evidence is clear at this point that SAO guns are not a significant advantage over striker or da/sa guns, even tho it seems like they *should* be an advantage.

3 hours ago, davsco said:

so, folks that don't shoot 2011s want to handicap the crap out of them.  if you're going to allow them, allow them without some stupid trigger pull crap.  and sure it's hard to measure, at a recent larger match, the guy at chrono couldn't even get my mag right in the mag gauge.  and, only one type of gun is subject to this trigger rule...

Nah, I'd be all over a 2011 with a 3.5 or 4lb trigger rule in CO.  I've got a zillion rounds down 2011s in the past 29 years.  Would it be an advantage over a tuned P320 Legion or Shadow 2?  Almost certainly not and I wouldn't care.  What it would do is cut down the "but muh Investment!" howling from everybody else until they figure out it's really not the gun.  Then the pull rule can go away.

12 hours ago, AverageJoeShooting said:

they should just outlaw any plastic piece of garbage divisions and only allow 2011s and 1911s

lim nats showed that 2011s are disadvantaged, so we need to ban plastic guns to protect US manufacturing (and egos).

Edited by motosapiens

On 1/13/2022 at 8:50 PM, Gcarr said:

Does anyone like the idea of having major matches count as classifiers? You need 50 shooters to do that, currently it's getting to the point that CO is the only division that always pulls that off. This idea splits CO into 2 divisions and eliminates the biggest thing co had going for it, it's numbers.

Or we can change the rules and lower the number, be more like idpa where everyone gets a match bump.

2 hours ago, Racinready300ex said:

Does anyone like the idea of having major matches count as classifiers? You need 50 shooters to do that, currently it's getting to the point that CO is the only division that always pulls that off. This idea splits CO into 2 divisions and eliminates the biggest thing co had going for it, it's numbers.

Or we can change the rules and lower the number, be more like idpa where everyone gets a match bump.

Level 2s no longer really counting as classifiers is probably the best reason I have heard for reducing the amount of divisions

• 1 month later...