Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 and Carry optics

The way the rules change on a whim in uspsa I wouldn’t be surprised if they did allow them at some point.    In the grand scheme of uspsa it won’t make a difference competition wise but it will make the CO division turn into even more of a weapons race and people will spend a ton of money because they feel like they need a 2011 to be competitive.     

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, OpenshooterAclass4lyfe said:

The way the rules change on a whim in uspsa I wouldn’t be surprised if they did allow them at some point.    In the grand scheme of uspsa it won’t make a difference competition wise but it will make the CO division turn into even more of a weapons race and people will spend a ton of money because they feel like they need a 2011 to be competitive.     

Then the next thing will be to allow 2011's in Production. Then we might as well change the name to United States Single Action Shooting Association, USSASA. U-Sass-A, kind rolls right off your tongue.

21 minutes ago, Johnny_Chimpo said:

I bet they'll be pissed when they get rekt by a guy with a $600 plastic pistol

This is completely unpossible, I've read you have to have a heavy gun to be competitive with a light on it. This must be some photoshop and that guy's actually using a 50 Oz 2011. Glocks are in no way competitive in 2022, especially without a flashlight

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone seems to agree that a 2011 won't change anything. If that's true, then just allow them.  "Gun people", of all people, ought to believe in the principle of removing pointless restrictions and maximizing personal freedom.  If you know enough to know you can't buy skill, then you won't try to.  But who are we to prevent someone else from trying?  Maybe some will buy a 2011 for carry optics because its their money, and they just want a nice pistol to compete with.  If CO ended up with lots of people shooting 2011s, is that a problem?  These would be USPSA members shooting what they wanted to shoot.  Its condescending to say that they'll have bought them because "they felt like they had to".  People "have to" shoot Major PF in limited and open to be competitive.  We all agree this is nothing like that.  

42 minutes ago, obsessiveshooter said:

Everyone seems to agree that a 2011 won't change anything. If that's true, then just allow them.  "Gun people", of all people, ought to believe in the principle of removing pointless restrictions and maximizing personal freedom.  If you know enough to know you can't buy skill, then you won't try to.  But who are we to prevent someone else from trying?  Maybe some will buy a 2011 for carry optics because its their money, and they just want a nice pistol to compete with.  If CO ended up with lots of people shooting 2011s, is that a problem?  These would be USPSA members shooting what they wanted to shoot.  Its condescending to say that they'll have bought them because "they felt like they had to".  People "have to" shoot Major PF in limited and open to be competitive.  We all agree this is nothing like that.  

The only people I’ve really seen screaming about wanting it to change are sponsored shooters for 2011 manufacturers.       Membership wide voting for the rule to change would be a great way to go about it.  If the majority want it then sure why not.  

1 hour ago, Superkaratemonkeyfighter said:

CO is booming !

so a rule change such as this won’t help CO it will only thin out other divisions. 

Other divisions' participation numbers shouldn't be protected by handicapping CO with equipment restrictions that don't accomplish anything. We all compete for fun.  If someone is going to have more fun with a 2011 in CO, and if its true that it isn't an advantage, then why the heck not?

1 hour ago, obsessiveshooter said:

{snip}  ...and if its true that it isn't an advantage,   {/snip}

I don't think that's universally agreed upon yet. 

If this had been brought this up with our now-previous Prez he might have become a champion for yet another new division. Not likely to happen in the near future. 

On 4/19/2022 at 3:27 PM, obsessiveshooter said:

Other divisions' participation numbers shouldn't be protected by handicapping CO with equipment restrictions that don't accomplish anything. We all compete for fun.  If someone is going to have more fun with a 2011 in CO, and if its true that it isn't an advantage, then why the heck not?

co’s equipment restrictions do accomplish something imho. they allow people to compete with genuinely practical carry/defense guns with very minimal mods.

the main reason im against allowing sa guns in co is to give the finger to a few semicustom mfrs.

12 hours ago, motosapiens said:

co’s equipment restrictions do accomplish something imho. they allow people to compete with genuinely practical carry/defense guns with very minimal mods.

the main reason im against allowing sa guns in co is to give the finger to a few semicustom mfrs.

You mean the same ones that are pushing for this and want this to happen so they can sell more guns and not have to repair them as frequently because of minor ammo 

1 hour ago, RangerTrace said:

Magwells are more about enhancing the grip than helping with the reload in my opinion.

If that's the case, my point is still the same.

If someone needs a magwell to have an effective grip on a 9 mm service pistol (or a heavy-ass version of it) then maybe they need to learn how to actually grip a pistol and grow some man-hand strength.

3 hours ago, Johnny_Chimpo said:

If that's the case, my point is still the same.

If someone needs a magwell to have an effective grip on a 9 mm service pistol (or a heavy-ass version of it) then maybe they need to learn how to actually grip a pistol and grow some man-hand strength.

I don't disagree.  But if you try a 2011 with a big mouth mag well vs. and IDPA legal mag well, you will see what I'm talking about.  The additional leverage you get with your weakhand pinky is substantial.

On 4/23/2022 at 4:26 PM, Nathanb said:

That was a fantastic combination of airing someone out without actually airing them out. Lol 

It sure was. But only if you know what one guys selling..... or take the couple seconds to look.