Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 and Carry optics

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope not.  I thought the original Production Division was a really good idea.  I was also fine with the original CO Div, because old eyes need help.  When they allowed 140mm mags I went hmmm.  Now that the weight limit is increased they have essentially created a poor man's Open Div scored minor.  I don't think it a good idea, because it will set up another arms race.  I'm still ambivalent about PCC in USPSA.

Right now CO is still a sub $2k division to be involved in.  Allow 2011s in and the price to play will be up with what gets spent on open guns.  Plus the additional cost of dots that have to ride a heavy metal slide on a metal frame gun.  

Let’s be honest, with the latest addition of the CZC A01 to the approved pistols we’re not that far off. I will say that sa/da and striker fire should be the line in the sand for the division. It adds a bit of challenge for those who are shooting the custom S2’s and A01’s. I have a hard time seeing them budging on that. That’s a huge fundamental change. I personally would not like to see 2011’s added to CO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, pskys2 said:

Or allow Optics on Limited/L10 guns?

How about if we just shoot the divisions the way they are setup.  Decide on a division to shoot, buy a gun to shoot said division and go shoot that division.  Want to change divisions then buy a new gun that fits in the division.  

We have 8 divisions.  5 of them allow you to choose major/minor scoring.  3 of them allow you to use an optic.  5 of them are legit divisions.  2 are revolver and L10.  1 of them is bringing a rifle to a pistol match.  

Just kidding on the PCC.  I own one and occasionally shoot it in competition.

Edited by aandabooks

12 hours ago, aandabooks said:

How about if we just shoot the divisions the way they are setup.  Decide on a division to shoot, buy a gun to shoot said division and go shoot that division.  Want to change divisions then buy a new gun that fits in the division.  

We have 8 divisions.  5 of them allow you to choose major/minor scoring.  3 of them allow you to use an optic.  5 of them are legit divisions.  2 are revolver and L10.  1 of them is bringing a rifle to a pistol match.  

Just kidding on the PCC.  I own one and occasionally shoot it in competition.

It's not like the old day when all of us were competing heads up, no divisions!  Yep I can't see how anyone can't find a Division to fit into.   But it still takes that one little thing called practice to do well. 

But don't rag too hard on Revolver, it's my favorite right now!  Not quite as eccentric as the pre-8 shot minor days, but still fun.  Come give it a try, who knows where that could go!

9 hours ago, pskys2 said:

It's not like the old day when all of us were competing heads up, no divisions!  Yep I can't see how anyone can't find a Division to fit into.   But it still takes that one little thing called practice to do well. 

But don't rag too hard on Revolver, it's my favorite right now!  Not quite as eccentric as the pre-8 shot minor days, but still fun.  Come give it a try, who knows where that could go!

I played in revolver right before the rule change to 8 shot and then bought a 627 all setup with .38 short colt.  Shot a few matches with it, DQ'd once with a moon change at a classifier match and then sold the revolver.  I still do miss the 625 as .45 was awesome to shoot in that revolver.  One of these days the budget for open guns will subside just enough and on a whim I will buy another.  Then the dream of being the second coming of Jerry can start all over again.

7 hours ago, motosapiens said:

meh. wutever. the real question is whether heavy ass sig legions in 40 will displace the fancy limited 2011's that cost 4-5x as much and require much more tuning and love to keep running.

Are they making the X5 Legion in .40 yet?

Interesting debate.   I think gamers are gonna game.   IDPA started back in the 1990s as a repudiation of gaming guns and now look at it.  People are shooting guns and wearing gear that are as far from “street” as they can get and still pass the rules.   No matter what rules there are, people are going to go right up to the edge of the line to get an advantage.  Let folks have their fun.  

I don’t shoot carry optics, but I don’t mind the idea of 140mm mags.   What shooting I do is in production and I can tell you it sucks to have to do 5 mag changes to get through a busy stage