Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 and Carry optics

3 minutes ago, Joe4d said:

Think it was the other way around... the 1911's needed a protected division to be competitive. 

I guess one could argue that malfunctions and stage times decrease in the same ratio 🤣🤣

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should the sport evolve if/when tech changes?  I believe it should. 

Maybe someday we’ll have a division for the 40 watt phased plasma pistol if Nils or one of the Top 16 gets sponsored by Skynet.  

Or we may all be shooting Airsoft Optic or Airsoft Iron Divs if the primer industry never recovers.  Maybe we’ll even have a special category for propane and another one for green gas.  

Definitely will have to redo the popper calibration procedures in C2 because then we’ll be burning holes in them or we all be getting popper f’ed.  I’m so writing my AD.  

On 9/14/2022 at 9:53 PM, Bayou said:

I'm not sure I agree with this but I'm biased. I think we deserve the best tools for the job.

And if you want one you should be able to buy one. But a plastic gun is cheaper, simpler and more reliable.

We're commenting in a thread about how 2011's and striker guns are so similar in performance that they should be allowed to compete together. If that's is even remotely accurate there is no need to spends 5x as much money on every firearm. 

If you want the best tool, it shouldn't be a staccato anyway. Might as well spend get a good 2011 for 4-6k. Someone else is paying for it, so why not right?

5 hours ago, Racinready300ex said:

And if you want one you should be able to buy one. But a plastic gun is cheaper, simpler and more reliable.

We're commenting in a thread about how 2011's and striker guns are so similar in performance that they should be allowed to compete together. If that's is even remotely accurate there is no need to spends 5x as much money on every firearm. 

If you want the best tool, it shouldn't be a staccato anyway. Might as well spend get a good 2011 for 4-6k. Someone else is paying for it, so why not right?

Not going to argue with you but you came from the standpoint of my taxes are high enough already etc., not going to get into with you as Hellen Keller could see what you meant. Your last sentence “someone else is paying for it, so why not”. What ever man, spin it how you like. Have a good day

40 minutes ago, Bayou said:

Not going to argue with you but you came from the standpoint of my taxes are high enough already etc., not going to get into with you as Hellen Keller could see what you meant. Your last sentence “someone else is paying for it, so why not”. What ever man, spin it how you like. Have a good day

I was just pointing out STI's are entry level 2011's and have never been considered the best. In fact they're priced a little high for what they are IMO. 

The average cop isn't being held back by the performance of there plastic gun. Most don't train and probably don't need a SAO gun with a light trigger and a thumb safety to worry about. Let alone a finicky gun with mags that can need tuning to be reliable. 

There are better tools for the job that also cost less money. It's basically a win win.

I’ll agree to disagree, but I don’t think telling others what they may or may not need as in tools for their job or their ability to use such tools is ill informed. I could go on but it’s not worth it and a waste of time. Back to getting 2011’s into carry optics.

17 hours ago, Racinready300ex said:

I was just pointing out STI's are entry level 2011's and have never been considered the best. In fact they're priced a little high for what they are IMO. 

The average cop isn't being held back by the performance of there plastic gun. Most don't train and probably don't need a SAO gun with a light trigger and a thumb safety to worry about. Let alone a finicky gun with mags that can need tuning to be reliable. 

There are better tools for the job that also cost less money. It's basically a win win.

But Staccato says they are the world's best shooting handgun!?!

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like the divisions have slowly lost their initial intent, which may be a good thing or a bad thing depending on your point of view. 

If people want 2011s / SAO in carry optics, then why not add a modified optics division which is the current carry optics division + 2011s/SAO and modify the current carry optics rules.  Make carry optics a division with actual "carry" guns by   limiting the use of long slide guns with a new smaller box and mag size limit to maybe 15rds??? Baseline could be the size of a glock 19 or 17.  not sure.  Just spit-balling ideas here. 

Maybe even create a modified iron sights division and update the production rules to align with the *new* carry optics rules above.     

Edited by EastCoastChris
typo

3 hours ago, EastCoastChris said:

Yes, you are right.  Base it off the production list which would be updated to the new rules / box.     

Uh you do realize that CO pistols need to be on the Production list?

I do agree with you.  CO can be refined to be closer to the initial intention without screwing it up.

1 hour ago, TaterHead said:

But why does that need to be done? CO seems to be a big hit, why do you want to screw with it?

For the same reason some want to let 2011s in and basically turn it into open light, which it's a c**t hair away from being anyway.  Except I just want to go in the other direction.

Edited by Johnny_Chimpo

4 hours ago, Johnny_Chimpo said:

Uh you do realize that CO pistols need to be on the Production list?

I do agree with you.  CO can be refined to be closer to the initial intention without screwing it up.

yes, I do.  I meant to say that Carry Optics would follow the new / smaller box I talked about changing for production.  I didn’t word it well.  

The idea is that carry optics will be striker fire or da/sa guns around the size of Glock 19 or 17 with a smaller than the current CO magazine size to keep it around 17 rd / mag. 

Then modified optics will be the current Carry Optics rules plus 2011s / SAO guns. 

1 hour ago, motosapiens said:

they ain't nuthin' wrong with CO. It's the most popular division for a reason. I say let's have a little rules stability for a couple years.

Completely agree.  Leave it be and see what happens.  Just throwing out ideas for future changes if the idea of 2011s and SAO in carry optics gains enough traction.