Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

X5 Legion accuracy

Cavy

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a pair of these that I switched to this year. I have shot them both quite a bit and have been happy with the accuracy I am getting. I don't use a rest or anything but I can group them easily in a head box at 25 yards offhand. I think I could get a 3" group if I tried.  I am running the same loads I ran in the glock, 147 blue bullets's with 3.0 tightgroup.

I am not the best bullseye shooter so they may do better than that.

Edited by TDF

9 hours ago, LMS said:

Then he definitely took some material off the place where the webbing between thumb and forefinger meets the gun.  No ridges are there.   See the pick just above.

Yes, he has Alma Cole do it. 

11 minutes ago, OPENB said:

What base pad is that, and does that mag fit the gauge? Assuming you shoot carry optics.

That was my old Gray guns base pad. I don’t use that for carry optics. I use TTI basepads with the 21 tubes, stock springs and followers.

This is the updated setup:

1-E16-AAF3-8-DD6-4841-B457-532-C08-D899-

I found that I had much better accuracy when I switched to 124gr. JHP Bullets, Montana gold and precision delta. The PD’s were just a little better where I was shooting out the upper A zone at 20 yards. I loaded them a little hotter too so I was shooting 1150 FPS out of my legion using 5.2gr of autocomp which I set up for my comp’d p320 project. It’s a touch snappy with the 12lb spring but pretty nice with a 14lb spring in the legion 

• 5 months later...

I came here for accuracy answers to my X5 Legion... I was a 25yd bullseye shooter and can cloverleaf groups at 7-10 with almost any handgun... Except my Legion...  easily the fastest gun I own and I use it in Carry Optics USPSA... but man does it group poorly. Sure, at 7yds it is "good enough" for USPSA, but when we start getting 20-25yd targets, it just doesn't cut it. Was hoping to find some answers, but I see it is much more common than word of mouth would let me believe. I've tried 115, 124, and 147gr bullets of various power factors. Nothing groups well. Was contemplating a barrel change. Has anyone tried that? Has anyone figured out the secret to improving the accuracy of these?

X5 Legion, Sig Romeo 1 Pro, tungsten guide rod, tungsten grip slug, GoGuns *thumb rest [generic]*, Grey Guns adjustable trigger. #12 spring

I was having accuracy issues recently. I changed bullets to .356” Blue Bullets, swapped my X5 barrel with my Legion barrel, and put my Deltapoint Pro on in place of the Romeo Pro. I suspect the .356” bullets was the fix, but I’m back to ragged hole accuracy.

This past week in testing, bumping power factor for 147 gr grain bullets up to 135 and above helped increase the accuracy of 147 gr bullets.  With that said I still intend to run 124 gr bullets in my X5.  I think the faster the bullet is out of that barrel the better.  I am sure there is a point of diminishing return on that theory, but I have not reached it.

17 minutes ago, cheby said:

It appears that the accuracy varies between identical X5s. Perhaps due to some quality control issues.

That's a theory that could be presented.  There are also a lot of variables other than the gun especially when adding an optic.  I thought I had an accuracy issue when the whole time it was a defective optic.  It would seem almost of the posts I have seen shady accuracy with an X5 it has on optic on it.

36 minutes ago, Boomstick303 said:

That's a theory that could be presented.  There are also a lot of variables other than the gun especially when adding an optic.  I thought I had an accuracy issue when the whole time it was a defective optic.  It would seem almost of the posts I have seen shady accuracy with an X5 it has on optic on it.

I tested one with iron sights. The accuracy was not good at all compared to my CZs  and 2011 guns. I didn't spend much time with it though and I disregarded my results just because a lot of very good shooters shoot X5s successfully. I just assumed it was me struggling with a new gun. This thread and others on this forum make me think again.

13 minutes ago, cheby said:

I tested one with iron sights. The accuracy was not good at all compared to my CZs  and 2011 guns. I didn't spend much time with it though and I disregarded my results just because a lot of very good shooters shoot X5s successfully. I just assumed it was me struggling with a new gun. This thread and others on this forum make me think again.

Not sure if I agree with that.  I have seen the X5 Legions struggle in regards to accuracy with heavier for caliber bullets, i.e. 147 gr bullets traveling at slower speeds.   I have not read where many people were having issues with the accuracy of the X5 Legions as a whole.  I am also not sure it is fair to compare accuracy of any plastic gun with that of a metal CZ or 2011.    I have three X5, (1 an X5 converted to be a Legion, and 2 X5 Legions) and have zero accuracy issues when used with the appropriate ammo.  I have also heard some have had success with 147 gr bullets at lower Power Factors.  I am not one of those people.

It does sound as though you are having issues with your X5, so like I said I would contact Sig.  I would throw the irons back on there to verify its not the optic before doing so.

Hello: My X5 non legion likes 124-125's the best. 115's, 135's were not bad but 147's were terrible. You may want to try a different powder to see if that helps with accuracy. Lastly check to see if your optic mounting screws are loose or even broken. I have seen alot of those around here. Thanks, Eric

2 hours ago, Racinready300ex said:

In a sport where you have to shoot against those metal guns I think it's fair to compare the accuracy of them.

I agree, and for the most part I think they are in regards to shooting sport like USPSA.  Do you think as a shooting platform that plastic guns perform as well as a CZ and/or 2011?

Had trouble with my Legion accuracy until I had the trigger done by the Sig Armorer. These are all offhand groups, first at 20 yards and the 2nd two at 10. Also these are with 160gr bayou bullets at .356. I call BS on the heavy bullets not being accurate out of this platform. I actually think the stock trigger is the culprit.

109F2440-C197-4F49-A3A1-2B9E66D44120.jpeg

8A246479-9D8D-4D23-8E51-B631572BBAC1.jpeg

97C1D039-F495-4B8D-9E9A-428F2FCBC96F.jpeg