Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who to send a hard chrome project to?

jpl

I have searched and come up dry.

Metaloy (Chris Peters) still isn't taking work in.  I've heard/seen rumors that Tripp is doing hard chrome for Atlas.  I have a project in the shop now that the customer wants hard chromed.  Who do you guys recommend??

Thanks for the help.

I have a Limited gun out at Mahovsky's right now.  Waiting for it to return so no recommendation yet just a FYI.  A buddy of mine had his 2 Edges done there last year and recommended them to me.  Reasonable price and a 30-40 day turn around.

15 hours ago, aandabooks said:

I have a Limited gun out at Mahovsky's right now.  Waiting for it to return so no recommendation yet just a FYI.  A buddy of mine had his 2 Edges done there last year and recommended them to me.  Reasonable price and a 30-40 day turn around.

Not sure where you have them?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2020 at 11:28 AM, GBertolet said:

Ditto on Mahovsky for hard chrome. He calls it Metalife.  Had 3 frames done by him. Typical turnaround is 30 days. Very reasonable pricing.

I had a CZ frame done by them.  Missed coating on front of frame...they took it back and redid it with an apology.  Final product though was perfect.

• 6 months later...

i will probably get in the doghouse for this but..... you might want to check out precision custom plating and engraving. ... platingandengraving.com 

yes, its my company. So, to give a brief history; i started doing refinishing back in 1990 with APW. also have worked with checkmate gun refinishing ( for all you people that can remember that far back). they have been Fords refinishing for like 20years now. 

Anyways, my wife and decided it was time to open our own place . For those who are familiar with me and my work , looking foward to doing your next project or just catching up

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/26/2020 at 9:49 PM, assaulter said:

I can vouch for Precision Plating & Engraving.  They've done a few for me and have another one or two heading that way soon.  VERY happy with the end result.

Thank You David...Glad you are happy with everything

I thought I had replied to this a while ago. I can also vouch for @PCPEMark. I and Prasky Gunworks have had a few pistols done by them and always top notch service. And if you have any doubts about what coating to use he can tell you the good, bad, and ugly about all of them. Although he wont push you to use one over another if you choose.