Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Wesson DWX: The Mother Thread

Mdooz

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion from a business standpoint, releasing product news early is dangerous because it gets people excited for the latest and greatest. When the product is delayed the people that were baited by early news get tired of waiting and spend the money they had allocated on something else. Those same people go online and talk great things about the competitive product and badmouth the one that they really wanted “past tense”. I have often waited for items and then bought something else because I did not want to wait....then never did come up with the money to buy the one that I wanted before I bought my second preferred product

The very unique issue that we have with the situation with the DWX is that CZ USA has been dead silent on absolutely everything about the release of it. This is (I am not one of them) making people really upset and driving down their brand loyalty in a HUGE way. The DWX is primarily a competition gun and competition shooters are the most vocal gun owners on line. CZ USA would be wise to stop the silence on this issue. To boot, it might also be a good idea, as an essential business in many other states, to look at production facilities in gun friendly states. Now would be the perfect time to do so because they can use the shutdown time to facilitate the move as it is not illegal to move during this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, usmc1977 said:

In my opinion from a business standpoint, releasing product news early is dangerous because it gets people excited for the latest and greatest. When the product is delayed the people that were baited by early news get tired of waiting and spend the money they had allocated on something else. Those same people go online and talk great things about the competitive product and badmouth the one that they really wanted “past tense”. I have often waited for items and then bought something else because I did not want to wait....then never did come up with the money to buy the one that I wanted before I bought my second preferred product

The very unique issue that we have with the situation with the DMX is that CZ USA has been dead silent on absolutely everything about the release of it. This is (I am not one of them) making people really upset and driving down their brand loyalty in a HUGE way. The DMX is primarily a competition gun and competition shooters are the most vocal gun owners on line. CZ USA would be wise to stop the silence on this issue. To boot, it might also be a good idea, as an essential business in many other states, to look at production facilities in gun friendly states. Now would be the perfect time to do so because they can use the shutdown time to facilitate the move as it is not illegal to move during this time.

Agreed 100% on everything but...

"and competition shooters are the most vocal gun owners on line."

I've heard shooters squeal like a stuck pig over a machine mark on the underside of slides and other minor issues that the owner could not even photograph 🙂

I'm just curious if they change anything at shot show 2021 and incorporate the optics cut since they've had plenty of time with their new upgraded/unreleased DWX. Hell. the way it's going they may not even have a shot show. Imagine everyone maxing out their lap top volume to hear the interviews through the masks of the youtube vids, lol.

41 minutes ago, Bayou said:

I'm just curious if they change anything at shot show 2021 and incorporate the optics cut since they've had plenty of time with their new upgraded/unreleased DWX. Hell. the way it's going they may not even have a shot show. Imagine everyone maxing out their lap top volume to hear the interviews through the masks of the youtube vids, lol.

Hahahahahaha 

That would be a very unique business strategy...propose a release of an item then listen to everyone talk about what they don’t like about it and what they do...then incorporate that into the design and release some shootable prototypes 3-4 years after the initial release. :-)

12 hours ago, usmc1977 said:

That would be a very unique business strategy...propose a release of an item then listen to everyone talk about what they don’t like about it and what they do...then incorporate that into the design and release some shootable prototypes 3-4 years after the initial release. 🙂

I think it's unlikely that will happen... design by "potential" buyer committee would be a bad idea.

I'm sure they have sycophant test subjects that have slathered enough praise on it to make any design changes other than functional improbable.  As it is, since I also wanted a DWX, like many others I've moved on, in my case I'm now firmly in the Tanfo camp.   

I think it's unlikely that will happen... design by "potential" buyer committee would be a bad idea.  

I'm sure they have sycophant test subjects that have slathered enough praise on it to make any design changes other than functional improbable.  As it is, since I also wanted a DWX, like many others I've moved on, in my case I'm now firmly in the Tanfo camp.   

My girlfriend wanted one as well...she too has moved on and spend the money she had allocated for it on a competitor company’s gun that was a tried and true design. A little information from CZ USA would have kept her hooked but once they responded dead silence, she turned her back on CZ entirely like they did to their followers/customers/potential customers. I still love my CZs but I am way too far in bed with them to turn my back on them...haha. I am chalking it up to major failures in the design of the few prototypes they did make and needed to do a major redesign...or scrapped the project entirely. Had it just been a Covid-19 shutdown, they would certainly have publicly scapegoated Covid as their reasoning behind the delay...like every other company has done...but this is pure speculation on my part.

2 hours ago, usmc1977 said:

My girlfriend wanted one as well...she too has moved on and spend the money she had allocated for it on a competitor company’s gun that was a tried and true design. A little information from CZ USA would have kept her hooked but once they responded dead silence, she turned her back on CZ entirely like they did to their followers/customers/potential customers. I still love my CZs but I am way too far in bed with them to turn my back on them...haha. I am chalking it up to major failures in the design of the few prototypes they did make and needed to do a major redesign...or scrapped the project entirely. Had it just been a Covid-19 shutdown, they would certainly have publicly scapegoated Covid as their reasoning behind the delay...like every other company has done...but this is pure speculation on my part.

I too would have held out for a few months had CZ been forthcoming with more info on the issue. Those are interesting thoughts on the vaporware aspect and I'm now questioning whether or not we'll ever see a DWX. 

To be clear on the websites...just so everyone knows the VERY LATEST release of information from CZ USA and Dan Wesson...their website says that due to Covid-19 their local authorities are requiring them to be closed until “at least April 23rd” :-). So there you have it...the latest and greatest on the front page of both Dan Wesson and CZ USA website.

That could be "at least 4/23" of NEXT year!  

It sounds like they need some web design help, maybe the guys that are doing the EAA site could... never mind, that one won't be done till next year!

That could be "at least 4/23" of NEXT year!  

It sounds like they need some web design help, maybe the guys that are doing the EAA site could... never mind, that one won't be done till next year!

Maybe little Danny Wesson Jr. can update daddy’s work’s website with non-outdated information. Haha

• 5 weeks later...

I almost canceled my DWC compact pre-order to buy a KC9 Evo two weeks ago... then almost again for an STI Staccato C.

Someone tell their marketing guys to release more glamour shots to keep they hype alive. My patience is running thin ☹️

Anyone have any idea how the DWX compact grip thickness compares to a G19?

Edited by jigglyjames29

Just for info. If you had placed an order for the DWX under the old Military/first responders page and you log in now the website has changed and your order will not appear. I called them to verify my order is still in place and they informed me they are having issues with thier website. Orders should still be showing on thier end at least.

1 hour ago, Nighthawk38 said:

Just for info. If you had placed an order for the DWX under the old Military/first responders page and you log in now the website has changed and your order will not appear. I called them to verify my order is still in place and they informed me they are having issues with thier website. Orders should still be showing on thier end at least.

Interesting. Please keep us updated on whether we need to reorder. I can't even login or reset my password right now.

On 8/7/2020 at 2:44 PM, Nighthawk38 said:

Thanks for this update. I did have an order placed through that page and I have not heard anything.