Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Wesson DWX: The Mother Thread

Mdooz

As most everyone else, I'm anxiously awaiting the DWX as a reasonably priced limited gun (read: 40 S&W). I looked into the Henning extensions that supposedly get 21 rounds but am only seeing these which say they're +3 for a total of 18. Where are these supposedly +6 even-for-40 extensions at?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, BryceA said:

As most everyone else, I'm anxiously awaiting the DWX as a reasonably priced limited gun (read: 40 S&W). I looked into the Henning extensions that supposedly get 21 rounds but am only seeing these which say they're +3 for a total of 18. Where are these supposedly +6 even-for-40 extensions at?

you need to go to flat followers and mag springs to get the extra rounds.

1 hour ago, eerw said:

you need to go to flat followers and mag springs to get the extra rounds.

Thanks for the info. Do you have a link to where I can read into this? There is a lot of vagaries about it working but before investing nearly 2k I'd really like to know for sure it works. :)

2 hours ago, BryceA said:

Thanks for the info. Do you have a link to where I can read into this? There is a lot of vagaries about it working but before investing nearly 2k I'd really like to know for sure it works. :)

Stock mags with Henning basepad only will get you 18-19 (all I've tried have gotten 19 though it's a bit snug).

With henning basepad + grams spring and follower will get 21 consistently.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/27/2020 at 7:10 PM, MustangMan said:

I've got the money for this pistol sitting in an account just waiting for it to get released. This COVID ordeal ruined my plans to have this pistol by now.

Is Covid being used as a reason? 

11 hours ago, 1911vm said:

First question is that the only facility they have. And 2nd is new York specifically were DWX is produced? 

Dan Wesson is in Norwich and they stated on another forum that they were getting very little from CZ for these guns and were mostly made in-house.  So yes, the governor of NY shutting them down had to have affected them.

Maybe it would have been a few months delayed anyway.  At this point we will never know.  However, a mandatory closure of your only facility for a few months is certainly going to hinder operations to a large extent for some time yet.

Edited by FALAR

Will see what happens when they open.  They had months to fix what ever is broken (don't need a factory for that).  Maybe will see a prototype that actually goes bang. I am a huge 1911/Cz fan.

On 5/31/2020 at 5:43 AM, 1911vm said:

Will see what happens when they open.  They had months to fix what ever is broken (don't need a factory for that).  Maybe will see a prototype that actually goes bang. I am a huge 1911/Cz fan.

Prototypes that go bang have been around for a long time.. I first shot a prototype in 2018.

10 hours ago, Foxj66 said:

Prototypes that go bang have been around for a long time.. I first shot a prototype in 2018.

You're the first person I've seen in amy thread who has actually shot one. You have to give details on how it shot because I know many of us are really interested in hearing your feedback.

16 hours ago, MustangMan said:

You're the first person I've seen in amy thread who has actually shot one. You have to give details on how it shot because I know many of us are really interested in hearing your feedback.

They shoot good, I would say comparable to any 2011 I have shot around the same weight and in the same calibers.

I've never had a problem paying full MSRP for anything I really wanted, unless the product turns out to not meet the hype or my expectations. Where I DO have a problem is if it turns out that the hype was just that or my expectations were not met.

Announcing vaporware L-O-N-G before availability really sucks. When I worked in the tech industry my company would not pre-announce anything until a certain volume was already in warehouses ready to ship. Studies showed (as well as in real life) customers had no problem seeing stuff hit the street in limited volume (like the Beretta X'Perf) but did not appreciate no availability at all. We found that pre-announcing is a double edge sword of sorts. 

On one hand it "may" prevent buyers from purchasing a competitive product, on the other if volume was totally insufficient (or had long tech delays) to supply demand, customers could get a bad taste waiting for it and would ignore future announcements. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/9/2020 at 9:30 PM, MikeNS said:

Looking more like a 2021 release at this point? Which realistically means 2022 before anyone who isn’t willing to pay full MSRP? Bummer

I wound up buying a used TRG-22 instead of waiting. I was on the backorder list with Brownells for a long time but I have kind of lost interest in spending $1600+ on another handgun when the Sako was $1750 used and I've already been able to shoot it.

Maybe I'll get a DWX someday but now I'm in no hurry as the 10 mags that I bought for it won't go bad sitting in the box they're in and will work in my P-07 as well.

I don't know but I think the firearms are not ready and its not because the excuse everybody and their brother are using, covid. Must be having issues some how/some where with the model. I was excited when I seen the videos from shot but I'll be waiting for an OR version, They really missed the boar there, big time.

12 hours ago, Bayou said:

I don't know but I think the firearms are not ready and its not because the excuse everybody and their brother are using, covid. Must be having issues some how/some where with the model. I was excited when I seen the videos from shot but I'll be waiting for an OR version, They really missed the boar there, big time.

I have to disagree with that, in New York firearms manufacturing and firearms sales are deemed non-essential. So in other words they aren't currently open, so they aren't working, which means they aren't building or working on guns.

2 hours ago, MustangMan said:

I have to disagree with that, in New York firearms manufacturing and firearms sales are deemed non-essential. So in other words they aren't currently open, so they aren't working, which means they aren't building or working on guns.

Yep and if/when you come back after being shut down for months who is to say which employees are going to back with you right away and what amount of catching up to do you have from an extended shutdown?

Even when full-time return to work there happens assuming there are no further shutdowns the effects will be felt for a year at least.  Anyone who has run a business should be able to understand how disruptive that would have been.