Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Wesson DWX: The Mother Thread

Mdooz

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, 1911vm said:

It was my parents decision thank God.  Came here in 79. It's the most amazing country.  It's not perfect.  But it is the best. 

Yes, your parents were lucky to have let them out in those years.👍

16 hours ago, 1911vm said:

It was my parents decision thank God.  Came here in 79. It's the most amazing country.  It's not perfect.  But it is the best. 

Well said. 

I agree. My girlfriend is eyeing one but she wants a new pistol in the near future. I am leaning towards the S2 orange but really wanted to get her the DWX. It would really be nice if there was a decent review of someone that actually shot one so people could determine if it is really worth all the hype. I would say that if I don’t hear anything about a release timeframe or get any info that make me want to hold off the purchase I will just go with the S2 orange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, 1911vm said:

But I still want my DWX. . Yesterday 

Me too... I had the buckazoids stashed for one and a local dealer who I had asked to let me know if a Beretta 92 X performance came in did just that.. Being a long time Beretta aficionado I jumped on the Beretta. I have been underwhelmed with it... And I feel I should have waited for the DWX. 

1 hour ago, gnappi said:

Me too... I had the buckazoids stashed for one and a local dealer who I had asked to let me know if a Beretta 92 X performance came in did just that.. Being a long time Beretta aficionado I jumped on the Beretta. I have been underwhelmed with it... And I feel I should have waited for the DWX. 

I thought 92X was a cat's meow???

On 5/2/2020 at 10:56 PM, 1911vm said:

I thought 92X was a cat's meow???

It is for the IPSC shooters in Italy on the design committee.

Its biggest faults are when the hammer is down, the hammer is BURIED  in the rear sight. The more I decocked it practicing the draw, the more annoying it became.

The trigger is serrated (I haven't seen one in 30+ years) and the slide and frame serrations are cut REALLY sharp.  

If you drop the slide with your right thumb, it's not gonna happen, you pretty much have to re-learn to drop the slide with the left thumb. Tanfo and CZ owners likely already do this so it's no biggie for them. Lastly, mine went back to Beretta last month because the slide initially was a bear to get off, after a couple of boxes of ammo I couldn't put it back on. I had to use a soft rubber mallet to get it on. That was the final straw. I await its return.

There's LOTS of positive things to say about it, but then again even a broken clock is right two times a day 🙂 but it doesn't do it for me overall. Any of my Tanfos or CZ are IMO just better thought out.

Edited by gnappi

On 5/4/2020 at 6:20 PM, 1911vm said:

not sure i understand  what you mean 

Look at page 19, the Video, at about 1:40. The Grip gets flat and ends exactly where i would have my support hand palm sit, right under the safety. No friction for my support hand.

14 minutes ago, bimmer1980 said:

Look at page 19, the Video, at about 1:40. The Grip gets flat and ends exactly where i would have my support hand palm sit, right under the safety. No friction for my support hand.

So I am still not sure 100%  .  Give me an example of which gun does have what you are referring to. 

22 minutes ago, bimmer1980 said:

grip.jpg

index.jpg

so no one has to make a new one-off grip.

so this gun can come to market and CZ, Henning, LOK, VZ already have grips available.

34 minutes ago, bimmer1980 said:

grip.jpg

index.jpg

Ok no i understand . I cant say i ever felt a difference in my grip between sp01 and 1911  . will check again when i get home