Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Wesson DWX: The Mother Thread

Mdooz

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, 1911vm said:

I am with you.  I really want this thing.  It's literally my 2 favorite guns Child. I am just realistic. 

Yep, I wish they would at least post more pictures of it up on their instagram in the meantime.

Hopefully they'll address any potential new-gun kinks it may have while they're closed down.

16 minutes ago, jigglyjames29 said:

Yep, I wish they would at least post more pictures of it up on their instagram in the meantime.

Hopefully they'll address any potential new-gun kinks it may have while they're closed down.

Read my mind! I haven’t seen any reviews at all. And I am a little concerned about getting one of the first off the production line. Hopefully they design this thing well and it will not have several revisions to fix issues. 

1 hour ago, Mig233 said:

Read my mind! I haven’t seen any reviews at all. And I am a little concerned about getting one of the first off the production line. Hopefully they design this thing well and it will not have several revisions to fix issues. 

Yep, my last early adoption broke in 2 days (P365).

I would be super sad if something similar happened to an $1800 dollar gun after waiting for another 6+ months.

7 minutes ago, jigglyjames29 said:

Yep, my last early adoption broke in 2 days (P365).

I would be super sad if something similar happened to an $1800 dollar gun after waiting for another 6+ months.

Preach. I heard some of the early p365s had issues. But I also heard it’s been rectified since. 

I hope CZ is better with quality during low rate initial production than Sig is. Does anyone know what CZ or DW’s track record has been like with all new models?

I believe early P10s had issues with the striker rotating.

As far as DW goes 1911s are pretty much a known quantity at this point so they don't really have a history of "new guns".  A new model is just some new features for them typically.  Considering they don't use low quality India MIM I don't expect them to have any P365ish problems.  On the 1911 forums I've seen a few issues here or there from overly tight guns when new but that's about it.  All 3 of the ones I had were very tight but ran flawlessly.

Well that’s a little reassuring. Really at the end of the day, this is a 1911 frame/slide/fire control group mates to a cz75 grip. Both have been around for 40+ years. Hopefully there’s no teething issues where they mate. 

On 3/30/2020 at 9:32 AM, Mig233 said:

Well that’s a little reassuring. Really at the end of the day, this is a 1911 frame/slide/fire control group mates to a cz75 grip. Both have been around for 40+ years. Hopefully there’s no teething issues where they mate. 

All any of us can do is speculate but I would be really surprised if there were early issues.

20 hours ago, yigal said:

What optimism😉

Do you share the secret of the conspiracy?🙊

nah I was just being a smartass, I am sitting here waiting and waiting for one, and hope it comes out sooner than later 

2 hours ago, slavex said:

nah I was just being a smartass, I am sitting here waiting and waiting for one, and hope it comes out sooner than later 

i hope that DW will come sooner than another new surprises  from  china.

I had to hide a few political posts.

Restricted Content
Politics
Policy and political discussions or debates of any kind - even if you consider your opinions to be "facts" - are not welcome anywhere in the forum.
Specifically including (but not limited to):
• USPSA vs IPSC
• IPSC vs IDPA
• STI vs SVI
• Limited 10 vs Limited Division
• This Division vs That Division
• This Government vs That Government
• Gun Control Issues

Please keep the politics out of the thread if you want it to stay open.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ParrytheWind said:

Red Hill is offering holsters for the DWX for sale,.. and last month when I asked they said they needed CZ's approval before doing so,.. So there's that,...

That's good news.

It will come!!!