Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Wesson DWX: The Mother Thread

Mdooz

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/16/2020 at 6:12 PM, Fasthenk65 said:

or never... announcing a new gun and over  year nothing? worst marketing ever...

I agree to a point. Some of the hold back was out of their control. Or at least that's my opinion. "Nobody" knew c19 would become a huge success at shutting down entire countries for almost a year. Honestly I dont think it was going to get the extreme success people may have expected anyway. Most limited and open shooters have invested thousands of dollars in stuff besides the gun itself. Most wouldnt just dump all that to go to a new setup. Some may sure but not in mass. Otherwise we would see a lot more TSO setups in USPSA already.

• 2 weeks later...

It does look sweet.  I ended up getting a sp01 shadow-SA only from CZC and I love it. I honestly doubt that dwx would make a much better shooter. I definitely can't out shoot the  SP01. But i do want a dwx just because o want 1.

Edited by 1911vm

• 3 weeks later...

I still hope it comes out soon before I blow yet another DWX's worth of savings on something I don't need.  Last year it was a Sako TRG-22 and this year it may be a PVS-14.

Hurry up Dan Wesson!  I bought 18 magazines for this gun and have had them for over a year now just waiting for it to be released.

Looks like 2022 is the year of many hopeful things possibly coming back. The DWX is still such a sweet looking piece and an optics ready one would be the ticket.  I agree with the above comment about getting an SP01. Great gun as well!

2 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

They seem to have no problem putting out the new CZ TS2..... Wonder what the hold back on the DWX is?

The TS2 is made by CZ in the Czech Republic while the DWX is going to be made by DW in New York until coumo shut down the state.

Seems like states are all opening up now for some strange reason so hopefully they can get this DWX out soon. 

Honestly, I completely forgot about this gun and have been looking at a TSO but of they can get it released soon I'll probably just wait.

The world is flooded with absolutely great 2011's from makers with solid histories of supplying reliable and wonderful guns. I own CZ's, several of them. I like them but none approach the qualities of my 2011's.

What is the cult-like obsession with this DWX thing? How many lies do you believe? What could the gun possibly be to exceed the current mostly hand made 2011's? 

Blame the virus or whatever you like but the horrible performance on the release of this promised gun should make you wonder what is wrong with it. It clearly is coming from an inept source. Forget this thing and buy one of the outstanding 2011's on the market before you're too old to shoot it.

This entire episode is ridiculous.

8 hours ago, Brooke said:

The world is flooded with absolutely great 2011's from makers with solid histories of supplying reliable and wonderful guns. I own CZ's, several of them. I like them but none approach the qualities of my 2011's.

What is the cult-like obsession with this DWX thing? How many lies do you believe? What could the gun possibly be to exceed the current mostly hand made 2011's? 

Blame the virus or whatever you like but the horrible performance on the release of this promised gun should make you wonder what is wrong with it. It clearly is coming from an inept source. Forget this thing and buy one of the outstanding 2011's on the market before you're too old to shoot it.

I have been a 1911 guy for ever. Than 5 years ago wanted to shoot production and picked up a sp01 love the ergonomics. So for me DWX is combination of two things that I really like. 

As far as 2011 great guns just to expensive for me.  My friends have invested more in there 2011 mags than the price of DWX with mags. 

But if I never get DWX I am totally happy with my SA sp01 shadow. 

Edited by 1911vm

I have owned many 2011 and some have been THE very best. CZ are great guns and a fun platform to shoot. Heavy and well balanced. Would never even try and compare them to a 2011. 2011 are no longer an option for me and I don't miss them. Maybe the DWX gives hope during a tough time and something to look forward to. If it makes some people happy to desire one and they don't mind waiting then who cares. I do agree on the Sp01 platform. If the DWX changes the grip angle feel of that then I probably won't get one. Anyways, back to positivity and speculation on when if ever this thing will come out. 

14 hours ago, Brooke said:

I don't get posts like this.  There is no "excuse", the governor of NY shut down the state for many months.

In a lot of states these orders carried no weight.  Not so in places like CA and NY.  DW is not "inept" and perhaps spring of 2020 was ambitious and could have stretched to Q3 but now the situation has totally changed and not in any way they could control.

If there were samples in reviewers hands. When cz rolled out p10c before they hit the market they had samples all over the place. Not having a functning sample at the  shot show. Saw one video of someone running with a gun from the back. Covid-19 or not. New York shutdown or not. Never a 2020 gun.