Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Wesson DWX: The Mother Thread

Mdooz

Just watched another video . and  young man said we are trying for the end of  1st quarter hopefully . To me in shot show language you are lucky if you see it in June LOLLOLLOL . Hate being this way but pretty sure that CZ had a booth at the range . and not have  one of the most sought-after guns that they have in there line up to me means that their is something wrong. Maybe they do not have one that actually works. I truly hope that I am 100% wrong .  I really  want one and hope its not going to end up to be a Christmas present. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, 1911vm said:

Just watched another video . and  young man said we are trying for the end of  1st quarter hopefully . To me in shot show language you are lucky if you see it in June LOLLOLLOL . Hate being this way but pretty sure that CZ had a booth at the range . and not have  one of the most sought-after guns that they have in there line up to me means that their is something wrong. Maybe they do not have one that actually works. I truly hope that I am 100% wrong .  I really  want one and hope its not going to end up to be a Christmas present. 

Cz only had a booth at the Mil/LE range and generally only bring out products that are part of their LE sales program. (Same reason none of their shotguns are ever out there or stuff like the tso, shadow 2 orange and AO1 have never been out there during their releases either) 

Edited by Ajohnson15

i take your word for it . never been to Shot Show (on the bucket list). Just assumed CZ would have a booth.  But i did tell my wife what I want for Christmas.  does any one remember how long did it take for S2  to actually hit the stores from the announcement that its coming. 

17 minutes ago, 1911vm said:

i take your word for it . never been to Shot Show (on the bucket list). Just assumed CZ would have a booth.  But i did tell my wife what I want for Christmas.  does any one remember how long did it take for S2  to actually hit the stores from the announcement that its coming. 

Ya, unfortunately they stopped having a booth at the industry range day around maybe 6 years ago.

6 hours ago, Ajohnson15 said:

Ya, unfortunately they stopped having a booth at the industry range day around maybe 6 years ago.

What bothers me unless I somehow missed it , not one shooting video anywhere.  Even mossberg after announcing JM 940 had videos with in days. Shadow 2 videos/commercial with the gun being shot were out before the gun was actually available.  

But again I hope I am wrong really. 

Edited by 1911vm

On 1/23/2020 at 5:24 PM, Fasthenk65 said:

Don't care about mags. Just want the best shooting gun (recoil/back to target) in it's class. CZ looks to have a winner here!

CZ please bring it to Europe as a CZ since no-one knows dan wesson over here...

Really? This is a serious question not a negative comment on your post. You have no experience or data on this gun whose introduction looks worse than Dillon's release of the 1100.

The class is largely custom or semi-custom 2011's. They are projected to be cheaper than the name brand and custom builder 2011's but I would be amazed if a factory production gun is better than those 2011's. At best the jury on that is still way out.

At this time it's only a baseless comment that is unlikely to be true. If turns out to be true it will certainly help to reduce the price of high quality Limited guns.Right now it's nothing but an over hyped, unreleased dream. I own 3 Shadow 2's I shoot in Production. I like them, otherwise I would shoot something else. But I'd never shoot one in Limited where the custom 2011's are king. There is no comparison. Maybe this DW will be different, but I would not assume that right now.

7 hours ago, Brooke said:

Really? This is a serious question not a negative comment on your post. You have no experience or data on this gun whose introduction looks worse than Dillon's release of the 1100.

The class is largely custom or semi-custom 2011's. They are projected to be cheaper than the name brand and custom builder 2011's but I would be amazed if a factory production gun is better than those 2011's. At best the jury on that is still way out.

At this time it's only a baseless comment that is unlikely to be true. If turns out to be true it will certainly help to reduce the price of high quality Limited guns.Right now it's nothing but an over hyped, unreleased dream. I own 3 Shadow 2's I shoot in Production. I like them, otherwise I would shoot something else. But I'd never shoot one in Limited where the custom 2011's are king. There is no comparison. Maybe this DW will be different, but I would not assume that right now.

Hmm. I prefer a TSO over a 2011. I even prefer a Tanfoglio over a 2011. All to do with grip. For me a CZ grip and a 1911 trigger (superior) is on top of my buying list! I don't think it is a dream otherwise they made a big mistake and I think they (CZ) are to clever to make big mistakes.

On 1/27/2020 at 8:37 PM, Fasthenk65 said:

Hmm. I prefer a TSO over a 2011. I even prefer a Tanfoglio over a 2011. All to do with grip. For me a CZ grip and a 1911 trigger (superior) is on top of my buying list! I don't think it is a dream otherwise they made a big mistake and I think they (CZ) are to clever to make big mistakes.

i hope that u are  right .😀many shooters from the club switched from tso to 2011 and started shoot much better 😉. personally i prefer 2011 grip.

but cz trigger system much more reliable. so i took best things from TSO  and install them in my 2011😀

Grip feel is a little different/hard to explain on the full size, backstrap feels very shadow 2ish, but the front strap/trigger guard under cut is much higher. Combined with the parallel-to-rails bore axis and 1911 safety location for thumb position, and it ends up pointing very naturally.

3 hours ago, yigal said:

i hope that u are  right .😀many shooters from the club switched from tso to 2011 and started shoot much better 😉. personally i prefer 2011 grip.

but cz trigger system much more reliable. so i took best things from TSO  and install them in my 2011😀

One day you have to teach me which parts 🙂 Bul 2011 most appreciated over there I think??

7 hours ago, Fasthenk65 said:

One day you have to teach me which parts 🙂 Bul 2011 most appreciated over there I think??

Of course.The only choice, and the best which is in our area. Because the STI has poor service and no spare parts at the importer.

so all the hype over this is basically from limited shooters or someone trying to get into limited cheaper than a 2011? I just dont understand what this gun does for people besides cool factor of mashing a cz and 1911 together to make something new.

I love my TSO .40 but would really like to take a look at getting one of these. 

Why are they making these? Because they can! I think we should all be glad to see and supportive of more and more models and innovations coming to the entire firearms market.

And, from what I hear, this should really appeal to Shadow 2 owners, having the same grip. 

7 hours ago, Midwest3Gunner said:

Any news on a release date? We just started the second month in Q1, only one left after this! 🙄🤣

I have not seen this video before but sounds like they are waiting for parts to START building them 🤣😂🤣  explanation at 2:14