Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Wesson DWX: The Mother Thread

Mdooz

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talked to a couple of dealers who have huge orders.  And they are basically saying that when ever they start coming in, which could be when ever not anytime soon.  Its going to dribble in. One of them really wants one for him self,  told me yesterday that he can't see getting one for him self until the end of the year to fill all the back orders. 

22 hours ago, jigglyjames29 said:

@Ajohnson15

From the shot show vids I've seen, the rep wasn't sure if a 1911 hammer was compatible with the DWX. Does anything have to be done aside from regular fitting? Pondering if a Ned K FallArrest set would work. I had a dream a gun went off while carrying AIWB so it's started this irrational fear of catastrophic mechanical failure.

Any modern 1911 hammer will work just fine,

The old style a1 hammers and such that cant be used with a beaver tail safety on 1911s would run into a similar issue here of running into the beavertail.

This is one pistol I've hoped would materialize and when they hit the street I have a LGS who will gladly put my name on the list and sell it to me for list++ 🙂

Don't get me wrong, I really like my Tanfos, but this one put a halt to my getting a TSO. For sure I will appreciate the DWX trigger but even more so for the slide stop, and safety ergos which I really never got into on my Tanfoglio models.

I wonder what if any effect this will have on the high end CZ and Tanfo model sales? 

10 hours ago, gnappi said:

This is one pistol I've hoped would materialize and when they hit the street I have a LGS who will gladly put my name on the list and sell it to me for list++ 🙂

Don't get me wrong, I really like my Tanfos, but this one put a halt to my getting a TSO. For sure I will appreciate the DWX trigger but even more so for the slide stop, and safety ergos which I really never got into on my Tanfoglio models.

I wonder what if any effect this will have on the high end CZ and Tanfo model sales? 

If it turns out to be good it could certainly drive down the demand for the TSO, which in turn could lower the price.

When ever this comes out I highly doubt that i would not want my SAO shadow.  its completely different guns in my opinion.  this will just be just another option.  I am in connecticut all we can have is 10rd mags. and i still got the shadow even though I have great 9mm 1911s . 

I just pre-ordered the 9mm DWX full size with rail from brownells yesterday. They called me this morning to verify my FFL and said CZ told them they will be shipping by mid March at the latest. But cz won't give them an exact date. I came across this forum the other day and just wanted to share the info with you guys. I forget who posted the link for the 10% off but I just wanted to say Thank you and it was very much appreciated. I ended up getting it for $1560ish. I believe the sale ended last night. But brownells did honor the discount even after speaking to their representative this morning. 

3 hours ago, MadClapper said:

I just pre-ordered the 9mm DWX full size with rail from brownells yesterday. They called me this morning to verify my FFL and said CZ told them they will be shipping by mid March at the latest. But cz won't give them an exact date. I came across this forum the other day and just wanted to share the info with you guys. I forget who posted the link for the 10% off but I just wanted to say Thank you and it was very much appreciated. I ended up getting it for $1560ish. I believe the sale ended last night. But brownells did honor the discount even after speaking to their representative this morning. 

Thanks for the info! 

Just got Lok grips in the mail today. They're lonely.

4 hours ago, obsessiveshooter said:

Are the P09/P10 40 & 9mm mags identical in all dimensions, like the mecgar 40 & 9 Sp01 mags? If so, a DWX 40 limited pistol could share mags with P09/P10 carry optics rig.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I bought some .40 P09 mags in anticipation of this gun. The feed lips are different between them and my 9mm P09 mags. It looks like .40 will feed out of the 9mm mags, but I don't have a way to test it. 9mm feed lips make good, even contact with the .40 case.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2020 at 4:01 PM, MadClapper said:

Mid-March and no DWX 🙁

Anyone have any news or updates?