Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Korean Glock Mags... Thoughts?

bigdawgbeav

Bought 3 of the KCI 33 rounders and I use them for practice only. 

Even then I had to replace the springs w/Wolff ones for them to be reliable...with the factory springs they would fail to feed 1-2 per mag.  When I replaced the springs one them was pretty much out of shape.

I don't have confidence that the base plates will hold up from being dropped much, if at all.  For the price - and not for serious use - they're fine.

If you get them cheap enough it can be a good deal.  When I bought mine last year I was able to get them for $12.95/each on sale and then bought the Wolff springs in a 3-pack for about $25 (including shipping).

Edited by techj

I have some of the original ones that came in a few years ago. they were less than stellar .  feed lips spread and base plates cracked when hitting the ground. put them away and forgot about them.  recently went to triggercon and kci happen to have a booth there.  i asked the rep if they have improved and he told me they have.  so i told him about my mags and he said to contact them and they would swap them out.  

sent a couple of emails with no response.  i am a big customer service person.  if you have good CS i will buy your product first.  seeing they never replied i have relegated the mags back into the junk pile.  

Seeing i am in Vegas after nats i might stop by their place in Henderson for a look see

On 10/1/2019 at 9:03 AM, warpspeed said:

I have a big stick that I use in the vise to hold the PCC when I work on it - that's the only good use I've found for it,

Ditto... They're awesome for that. 

I don’t understand why ETS, , Magpuland Korean mags exist. (Except for @warpspeed‘s use anyway. 😁)

Factory Glock mags are some of the cheapest out there, and they’re as boringly reliable as magazines get.

I guess it’s all about perspective. If you’ve ever owned a 1911, Walther, H&K, SIG, or god forbid a 2011... Austrian mags are a bargain in comparison.

1 hour ago, MemphisMechanic said:

I don’t understand why ETS, , Magpuland Korean mags exist. (Except for @warpspeed‘s use anyway. 😁)

Factory Glock mags are some of the cheapest out there, and they’re as boringly reliable as magazines get.

I guess it’s all about perspective. If you’ve ever owned a 1911, Walther, H&K, SIG, or god forbid a 2011... Austrian mags are a bargain in comparison.

Agreed.

The ETS mags made some sense at first because they had a 22 round 9mm mag when Glock didn't. Then Magpul made their version. But now that factory 22 round mags exist from Glock, I see no reason for the aftermarket stuff. As for the more standard factory sizes, forget it, none of them are better than factory Glock mags. 

I like Magpul, and really tried to like ETS mags (back then), but had issues with both brands of 9mm mags in various guns. The ETS extended G43 mags sound like a good idea in theory but I ran into feed issues with certain bullets that worked fine in factory mags, so that was the end of that for me. 

AR15 mags are a different story for me, really like Pmags. 

Edited by Yondering