Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trijicon SRO problems

Rich406

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trijicon replaced mine in 8 days. I RMA'd my first one because the auto-brightness didn't work. I received a new one (different serial number) whose auto-brightness also didn't work. I also reported that the replacementdied after the first shot I took with it to zero it.

I need to update that report. I called Trijicon and was informed by the tech that the battery covers are sometimes not tight enough from the factory. That could have fooled me because it was very tight and somewhat hard to get off when I was trying to remove it at the range, but fair is fair and I decided to give it another go. The tech suggested that I really crank it down because of the gasket, so I grabbed a nickel (which fits perfectly in the slots on the cover) with needle nose pliers and torqued that cover down. The dot came back and I was able to zero the optic. I put at least 400 rounds through it and so far, so good.

So now it's fine. The auto-brightness doesn't work, but I don't really care. Maybe I'll RMA it again if people start reporting that the auto-brightness has been corrected, but for now it does what I need it to do.

2 hours ago, Hazborgufen said:

I need to update that report. I called Trijicon and was informed by the tech that the battery covers are sometimes not tight enough from the factory. That could have fooled me because it was very tight and somewhat hard to get off when I was trying to remove it at the range, but fair is fair and I decided to give it another go.

Yea, when I went to remove it the first time, I thought I was going to strip it out it was so tight...even bought two replacements @ 50% off, as it seemed inevitable after only removing it once.

1 hour ago, Superkaratemonkeyfighter said:

You’d think these issues would be cleared up.by now. 

Love to see a company come out and say. 

“We rushed this product out because the market wanted it ASAP and they weren’t 100% but we’re going to make it right “

😁

I’m dreaming right ?

How long did it take until the 'Type 2' RMRs were released? I think we all accept the inherent risks of getting aboard before sea-trials were completed and a type-2/v2 is released. :)

• 3 weeks later...

How long has everyone's sro battery lasted? My factory battery dimmed out twice during a range session then ultimately died during a uspsa match the next day. I installed a new battery and had no issues. 

Ive only had the sro since august, maybe shot 3 matches and a handful of live fire sessions with it. Seems a bit short for battery life

How long has everyone's sro battery lasted? My factory battery dimmed out twice during a range session then ultimately died during a uspsa match the next day. I installed a new battery and had no issues. 

Ive only had the sro since august, maybe shot 3 matches and a handful of live fire sessions with it. Seems a bit short for battery life

No issues since early August on the original battery. Plenty of dryfire and live fire time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My brother and I each have about 1.5k rounds on our SRO’s and dry during about 4 days a week for the last 2 months and zero issues so far. Battery has been fine, but I do need to pick up a spare just in case. Really happy with the SRO so far. It did take a bit of time to get used to the shape of the lense but it’s much better than any other dot I’ve tried.

• 1 month later...

I've had mine since August and it's burned through 2 batteries. I've only taken it to the range once and it spends most of it's time in a drawer in the dark not moving. I think my auto mode isn't quite working right either, so I'm going to attempt to RMA it.

14 hours ago, DirtyF9 said:

I've had mine since August and it's burned through 2 batteries. I've only taken it to the range once and it spends most of it's time in a drawer in the dark not moving. I think my auto mode isn't quite working right either, so I'm going to attempt to RMA it.

Yeah, my first 2.5 MOA SRO battery lasted 5 1/2 months with a 12 or so trips to the range and regular dryfire at home.  

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 3:21 PM, benvoice said:

Does anyone know of a Cover for the SRO??
You’d think they would’ve included one as delicate as it is. Thanks in advance for any info.
One friend said there’s a place that can 3D print one for it. ? Don’t remember where tho.

Goggle DreamPlastics. They have very nice slip on rubber covers... 2 for $10. Shipped by mail. Call them and ask for Jinny. She will take a CC over the phone. I have used them on my RMRs, and they work well.

8 hours ago, GOF said:

Goggle DreamPlastics. They have very nice slip on rubber covers... 2 for $10. Shipped by mail. Call them and ask for Jinny. She will take a CC over the phone. I have used them on my RMRs, and they work well.

They also sell on amazon

21 minutes ago, Hazborgufen said:

I have a red cover from Range Panda and it is pretty sweet. Just be aware that there's a little pull-tab on the back of it that might get in the way of you have rear sights. I simply cut the tab off with my pocket knife and it's all good.

He has changed the design.  It no longer sticks out. 

Thanks.

On 10/22/2019 at 12:33 PM, benvoice said:

Well I now have a viable cover that stays on the SRO from Range Panda dot com.  My SRO is 2.5 moa.  No problems at all yet.  I've run at least 700 rounds through the Glock 34 with a dovetail mounting plate for the SRO.  I will soon purchase another glock 34 gen 4, but an MOS version this time.  That will make this gun my back up rig, and the MOS the main runner.

I'm running an 11 lb. Recoil spring 4.5 lb striker spring and "The Edge" trigger group.  No other mods really.

IMG_0628.jpg

IMG_0629.jpg

I've since added a tungsten guide rod made for a S&W M&P Core.  It runs sweetly!  probably well over 1000 rounds now with No Trouble from the SRO or dovetail mounting it.

So far so good for 2020.

I noticed the SRO seems to distort what your looking at. Not bad but just a little. Not sure if distort is the right word but it does look a little different. Not a huge fan of this dot but if it last longer than others, I might have to get over it. Still testing it out. 

Edited by B_RAD

3 hours ago, B_RAD said:

I noticed the SRO seems to distort what your looking at. Not bad but just a little. Not sure if distort is the right word but it does look a little different. Not a huge fan of this dot but if it last longer than others, I might have to get over it. Still testing it out. 

The only way to make such a large window with that short of a footprint is to have a very curved lens. 

1 hour ago, chevrofreak said:

The only way to make such a large window with that short of a footprint is to have a very curved lens. 

Yeah. It adds a little bit of magnification. The DPP isn’t as y’all so it doesn’t do that.