Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Rich406

Trijicon SRO problems

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I received my trijicon SRO today. Went to the range to try it out and had several issues with jamming. I’m the manual it warns that the front of the SRO can’t overhang the ejection port. I would say in my case that it is pretty much dead even with the back of the ejection port.  The empty space under the front creates a trap for brass. 

 

11C894AF-332B-4BF2-9531-BE0E54EE4627.jpeg

Edited by Rich406

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

As if that overhang was never gonna cause issues.

 

It'd be ok if ejection was spot like a CZ but no go for glocks, x5's and lately my new 9mm 2011. 😕 

 

I look forward to the next version without it. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by dansedgli

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps the mounting system is a contributing factor as a milled slide does not have that gap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, tact said:

Perhaps the mounting system is a contributing factor as a milled slide does not have that gap.

It’s entirely possible. Although I think it would be a hassle to direct mill it on the X5. 

 

I need to shoot it it some more to try and nail down exactly what is happening. I was planning to try a lighter recoil spring to start. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting?

definitely keep this post updated.  I’m really thinking about picking one up.

 

would help to hear some feedback about the dot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Rich406 said:

It’s entirely possible. Although I think it would be a hassle to direct mill it on the X5. 

 

I need to shoot it it some more to try and nail down exactly what is happening. I was planning to try a lighter recoil spring to start. 

L&M Precision can alter the romeo1 cut slides to RMR footprint.  I might be sending him a 226 Rx slide if I can't find someone locally to do it.  Just waiting on the SRO (5 moa) to get here.  

 

I am concerned that on the 226 the hood around the lens will overhang the breach a little but I've seen posts saying it works fine this way on 2011 style guns, but the lens hood does sit much lower than it does on yours with that adapter plate.  

Edited by forkliftHIFI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Czgunsalot said:

Interesting?

definitely keep this post updated.  I’m really thinking about picking one up.

 

would help to hear some feedback about the dot. 

The dot itself is great. Very bright, clear glass and the frame almost disappears when using it. 

Im really hoping that I can get it to work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, chevrofreak said:

Fill that area in with some Permatex Ultra Black?

I might end up trying something like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TONY BARONE said:

Can't blame the sight for poor ejection.

 

I can blame the sight for a design that compounds the problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Rich406 said:

The dot itself is great. Very bright, clear glass and the frame almost disappears when using it. 

Im really hoping that I can get it to work. 

What size moa dot did you end up going with?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2.5 MOA. I initially wanted the 5 MOA but they aren’t available yet. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Rich406 said:

2.5 MOA. I initially wanted the 5 MOA but they aren’t available yet. 

 

 

I notice a lot of people are wanting the 5 moa.  

Why is that?

with my experience with rmrs I had both 6.5 and  3.25 and I perfected the 3.25,  I thought the 6.5 was a little to big for competition.  But it is all personal preference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello: I think a lighter recoil spring should help with that. What are you using now? Thanks, Eric

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Czgunsalot said:

I notice a lot of people are wanting the 5 moa.  

Why is that?

with my experience with rmrs I had both 6.5 and  3.25 and I perfected the 3.25,  I thought the 6.5 was a little to big for competition.  But it is all personal preference.

6 or 8 moa are probably the most commonly used sizes. At least amongst the C-more users. 

Edited by robb315

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: I think a lighter recoil spring should help with that. What are you using now? Thanks, Eric

 

Im using a 14# and prefer that. I went through and replaced the extractor and extractor spring but left the 14#   recoil spring. The gun has 24k rounds on it and was probably due.  I also slightly filed back the lower lip of the SRO. Went to the range this morning and had no issues through 570 rounds. Good start but I need to make a couple more trips and a few thousand more rounds before I deem it fixed and reliable. 

Edited by Rich406

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Czgunsalot said:

I notice a lot of people are wanting the 5 moa.  

Why is that?

with my experience with rmrs I had both 6.5 and  3.25 and I perfected the 3.25,  I thought the 6.5 was a little to big for competition.  But it is all personal preference.

 I was using a 6MOA rts2 prior to the SRO. Because the 2.5 moa SRO is so bright  I think it’s funtionally larger than 2.5 moa kind of like the DPP. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Take the thumb rest off. It causes a cross directional torque to the frame which puts a pre-load on the ejector and directs the brass off-axis upon the extraction stroke. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, waktasz said:

Take the thumb rest off. It causes a cross directional torque to the frame which puts a pre-load on the ejector and directs the brass off-axis upon the extraction stroke. 

 

But...opposable grip science. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, waktasz said:

Take the thumb rest off. It causes a cross directional torque to the frame which puts a pre-load on the ejector and directs the brass off-axis upon the extraction stroke. 

 

Don’t hate the player, hate the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I looked at a SRO my buddy mounted on his glock 34 and even with the MOS plate it sits much lower, probably half or slightly less than half the gap as I have on the x5. 

 

Direct milling might be the only good option for an x5, however the optic cut itself isn’t very deep, so I’m not sure if it would even 100% fix the problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As said above, I think filling the gap with something semi permanent would be a cheap/simple solution. Doesn’t really need to be rock hard, just something to fill the void. Anything from Permatex, Sugru, or even having a piece machined to fit directly in that gap with a little adhesive. Many options over permanently cutting on your slide. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...