Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trijicon SRO problems

Rich406

I received my trijicon SRO today. Went to the range to try it out and had several issues with jamming. I’m the manual it warns that the front of the SRO can’t overhang the ejection port. I would say in my case that it is pretty much dead even with the back of the ejection port.  The empty space under the front creates a trap for brass. 

11C894AF-332B-4BF2-9531-BE0E54EE4627.jpeg

Edited by Rich406

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As if that overhang was never gonna cause issues.

It'd be ok if ejection was spot like a CZ but no go for glocks, x5's and lately my new 9mm 2011. 😕 

I look forward to the next version without it. 

Edited by dansedgli

14 minutes ago, tact said:

Perhaps the mounting system is a contributing factor as a milled slide does not have that gap.

It’s entirely possible. Although I think it would be a hassle to direct mill it on the X5. 

I need to shoot it it some more to try and nail down exactly what is happening. I was planning to try a lighter recoil spring to start. 

3 hours ago, Rich406 said:

It’s entirely possible. Although I think it would be a hassle to direct mill it on the X5. 

I need to shoot it it some more to try and nail down exactly what is happening. I was planning to try a lighter recoil spring to start. 

L&M Precision can alter the romeo1 cut slides to RMR footprint.  I might be sending him a 226 Rx slide if I can't find someone locally to do it.  Just waiting on the SRO (5 moa) to get here.  

I am concerned that on the 226 the hood around the lens will overhang the breach a little but I've seen posts saying it works fine this way on 2011 style guns, but the lens hood does sit much lower than it does on yours with that adapter plate.  

Edited by forkliftHIFI

57 minutes ago, Czgunsalot said:

Interesting?

definitely keep this post updated.  I’m really thinking about picking one up.

would help to hear some feedback about the dot. 

The dot itself is great. Very bright, clear glass and the frame almost disappears when using it. 

Im really hoping that I can get it to work. 

11 hours ago, Rich406 said:

The dot itself is great. Very bright, clear glass and the frame almost disappears when using it. 

Im really hoping that I can get it to work. 

What size moa dot did you end up going with?

41 minutes ago, Rich406 said:

2.5 MOA. I initially wanted the 5 MOA but they aren’t available yet. 

I notice a lot of people are wanting the 5 moa.  

Why is that?

with my experience with rmrs I had both 6.5 and  3.25 and I perfected the 3.25,  I thought the 6.5 was a little to big for competition.  But it is all personal preference.

1 hour ago, Czgunsalot said:

Why is that?

with my experience with rmrs I had both 6.5 and  3.25 and I perfected the 3.25,  I thought the 6.5 was a little to big for competition.  But it is all personal preference.

6 or 8 moa are probably the most commonly used sizes. At least amongst the C-more users. 

Edited by robb315

33 minutes ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: I think a lighter recoil spring should help with that. What are you using now? Thanks, Eric

Im using a 14# and prefer that. I went through and replaced the extractor and extractor spring but left the 14#   recoil spring. The gun has 24k rounds on it and was probably due.  I also slightly filed back the lower lip of the SRO. Went to the range this morning and had no issues through 570 rounds. Good start but I need to make a couple more trips and a few thousand more rounds before I deem it fixed and reliable. 

Edited by Rich406

1 hour ago, Czgunsalot said:

Why is that?

I was using a 6MOA rts2 prior to the SRO. Because the 2.5 moa SRO is so bright  I think it’s funtionally larger than 2.5 moa kind of like the DPP. 

9 minutes ago, waktasz said:

Take the thumb rest off. It causes a cross directional torque to the frame which puts a pre-load on the ejector and directs the brass off-axis upon the extraction stroke. 

But...opposable grip science. 😂

12 minutes ago, waktasz said:

Take the thumb rest off. It causes a cross directional torque to the frame which puts a pre-load on the ejector and directs the brass off-axis upon the extraction stroke. 

Don’t hate the player, hate the game. 

I looked at a SRO my buddy mounted on his glock 34 and even with the MOS plate it sits much lower, probably half or slightly less than half the gap as I have on the x5. 

Direct milling might be the only good option for an x5, however the optic cut itself isn’t very deep, so I’m not sure if it would even 100% fix the problem. 

As said above, I think filling the gap with something semi permanent would be a cheap/simple solution. Doesn’t really need to be rock hard, just something to fill the void. Anything from Permatex, Sugru, or even having a piece machined to fit directly in that gap with a little adhesive. Many options over permanently cutting on your slide.