Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trijicon SRO problems

Rich406

What happened to me. I was seeking out a 5moa SRO to match my 2.5 and the new Sig dots dropped. Never knew they were even coming. Tried one from Short Round Supply and whoa. Sold some DPPs and my SRO and now Im all about the Sig.

For the R3 Max is the warranty 5 years like others? Trijicon is lifetime to the original owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigs Romeo1 & 3 are lifetime per their paperwork and a call to CS.

It's a little confusing the way it's written with something about electo optic and the other (I didn't take the time to look up how it's written)

But the phone call verified that it's life time on the Romeo 1 & 3, no receipt needed etc.

Call and they send a ticket to send it in.

Other than one that was dropped my other three have been perfect.

Yes they did replace the one that was dropped under warranty.

Following up on my Trijicon SRO's auto-brightness issue under LED lighting. Trijicon RMA'd my SRO and their repair department messaged me that they couldn't repair my optic. Instead they would send me a brand new one. That sounded good to me.

The replacement was delivered today and I just took it out of the box and tested it. The new SRO has the exact same issue as the old one. It simply does not auto adjust under LED lighting. It sets itself to the very dim 2nd visible setting with LED overhead lighting, unlike my RMRs. I then did my dark room test with my Streamlight TLR-1 HL and again both of my RMRs worked perfectly but the SRO completely washed out without auto-adjusting at all. When I went into a room with incandescent lighting the SRO auto-adjusted properly.

The tech I spoke to said that the RMR and SRO have the same electronics and should react the same way to lighting. He speculated that the auto-adjusting sensitivity on my old SRO might have been programmed incorrectly or that the light sensor was defective. Since this a whole new optic and it is behaving the exact same way, I'm going to guess that either the electronics are actually different from the RMR or that whole batches of SRO's are being programmed incorrectly. The difference between my old serial number and new serial number is over 5,000 so there are probably a whole lot of SRO's out there that have this same issue.

Definitely follow the advise on Sage Dynamics - Not intended for duty use. While he was referring to the optic's fragility with regard to drop resilience in his video, clearly the electronics also don't work correctly. If you do intend to use it on a defensive gun, you should probably set the brightness manually and use the lock-in feature. You'll need to change the batteries more frequently if you store it this way but at least you will be able to see the dot when needed, especially if you use an LED flashlight or WML.

Anyway, mine will be used for Carry Optics and I'll manually adjust the brightness, so no biggie I guess.

Edited by Hazborgufen

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 8:10 PM, jcc7x7 said:

It's a little confusing the way it's written with something about electo optic and the other (I didn't take the time to look up how it's written)

But the phone call verified that it's life time on the Romeo 1 & 3, no receipt needed etc.

The electronics are warranted for 5 years and the Optics and case lifetime

Keep this post updated.  I’m really thinking about picking one up. Trijicon is hardly new to the red dot optics game, though. In fact, the brand has been a leader in the category with popular options like the RMR (Ruggedized Miniature Reflex). The SRO is the product of decades of red dot manufacturing experience, a sight that's more evolutionary than revolutionary.

https://boodmo.com/catalog/3794-alternator/

I've had mine for a month now.  I've sighted it in and practiced a little.  I've competed in one match with it (Carry Optics division).  Mine is mounted using a dove tail mounting plate onto a Glock 34 Gen 4.  No problems yet, other than the Elevation adjuster has moved about 1 or 2 clicks.  I keep it marked.  So far so good.

...just ordered the SRO for a milled G45. My RMRs are 3.25MOA and didn't want the dot any smaller (old eyes), so went with the 5MOA...hoping it doesn't look too jumbo and it's a quick transition.

I wanted to wait until I compared the two side by side, but caught a decent deal and couldn't wait. I am starting to dabble with carry optics, so figured the 5MOA would be perfect. 

On 9/11/2019 at 7:10 PM, jcc7x7 said:

Solid info

Add me to the list with SRO problems.  I have less than 1000 rounds, and it continues to go off.  Shooting a match this past week and it just disappeared during a stage.  Thought it might be the battery so made a change and first shot in the next stage when out again.  Got home and made sure it was secure, took to the range the next day and it worked.  However, I called Trijicon on Friday and they send send it back and they would send a new one.  Told them I would this Monday, had a match today (Sat) and again, first stage, first shot, gone, no dot.Going back on Monday.  Not real happy about it but the CS is 10x better than Leopold who quoted 4-6 weeks.  Trijicon sent me a RA form and said as soon as they get the old one, a new one will be on the way.  Mine was the 5 Moa.

Does anyone know of a Cover for the SRO??
You’d think they would’ve included one as delicate as it is. Thanks in advance for any info.
One friend said there’s a place that can 3D print one for it. ? Don’t remember where tho.

13 minutes ago, benvoice said:

Does anyone know of a Cover for the SRO??
You’d think they would’ve included one as delicate as it is. Thanks in advance for any info.
One friend said there’s a place that can 3D print one for it. ? Don’t remember where tho.

https://rangepanda.com/collections/dot-covers/products/trijicon-sro-covers

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to add to the continuing saga of my defective 2.5moa SRO. Quick recap, I noticed the auto-brightness didn't work under LED lighting and had my unit exchanged for a new one. The new one had the same problem and I decided I'd just deal with it.

I, unfortunately, had been quite busy and only just now, about 15 minutes ago, had a chance to zero my replacement SRO. Well, it died after the very first shot using 124 grain American Eagle 9mm. At first I thought I'd lost the dot, but that wasn't the case. As I was looking it over, I noticed the emitter wasn't on. I tried turning it back on and nothing. I tried reseating the battery and still nothing. Just totally dead.

So now my replacement SRO is going to go back to Trijicon. Third time's the charm, right?

I'm incredibly pissed off at this trash optic.

1 hour ago, Hazborgufen said:

I wanted to add to the continuing saga of my defective 2.5moa SRO. Quick recap, I noticed the auto-brightness didn't work under LED lighting and had my unit exchanged for a new one. The new one had the same problem and I decided I'd just deal with it.

I, unfortunately, had been quite busy and only just now, about 15 minutes ago, had a chance to zero my replacement SRO. Well, it died after the very first shot using 124 grain American Eagle 9mm. At first I thought I'd lost the dot, but that wasn't the case. As I was looking it over, I noticed the emitter wasn't on. I tried turning it back on and nothing. I tried reseating the battery and still nothing. Just totally dead.

So now my replacement SRO is going to go back to Trijicon. Third time's the charm, right?

I'm incredibly pissed off at this trash optic.

That sucks you’re having so many issues with your SRO, hopefully it was only a small batch of optics that are having issues. I had a similar issue with another brand of optic and the manufacture admitted that a batch had been improperly assembled and they had been fixing the issues when they were being returned for warranty work. Hopefully you’ll get a resolution soon and an optic that is reliable.

However my two SRO’s have been great so far, no issues with zeros moving or anything else. Very happy I switched from a Vortex Venom.

Same here, knock on wood , both of mine (5MOA) have been rock solid so far. About 4500 rounds with the

Shadow 2 and about 1500 on the M&P 9L.  both still using the "stock" batteries they came with as well.

Only problem with my SRO so far, I noticed the zero had shifted about 2 1/2" low and to the left.  This is after about 4 mth / 4500 rounds.  I indexed the adj screws and will keep an eye on them. 

Well I now have a viable cover that stays on the SRO from Range Panda dot com.  My SRO is 2.5 moa.  No problems at all yet.  I've run at least 700 rounds through the Glock 34 with a dovetail mounting plate for the SRO.  I will soon purchase another glock 34 gen 4, but an MOS version this time.  That will make this gun my back up rig, and the MOS the main runner.

I'm running an 11 lb. Recoil spring 4.5 lb striker spring and "The Edge" trigger group.  No other mods really.

IMG_0628.jpg

IMG_0629.jpg

4 minutes ago, Sokam101 said:

Do you just use a drop? Or cover it?

I had to use 2 light coats. Alternatively you can make a witness mark with a colored sharpie or paint pen and just move it back when it moves.