Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Legion announced! Q5 Match SF competitor?

mellino19

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2019 at 1:12 AM, Jeremyc_1999 said:

Does anyone know if the legion x5 will fit sig 320 x5  holsters or will it need a new, different holster?

On 6/10/2019 at 11:53 AM, chubs3a said:

The dimensions look the same, so they should fit!

+1, it looks identical to the X5 so I don't see why not.

Well, I was shopping for second 34 Gen 5 as a back up. But instead I went down to my favorite gun shop and told them I wanted one of these. I may or may not have been foaming and frothing at the mouth.  Distributors didn't even have them as of this evening. At least I got promised the first one to show up. 

I’ll either love it and kick the 34 to curb, or hate it, sell it, and be on my way. 

Let the waiting begin! 

Edited by Zoomie517

42 minutes ago, rocket99 said:

Any update as to when the new x-five legion will ship?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think anyone really knows.  

Ive read July 1st. 

Then a guy claiming to be in the know says they made a fixed number for R&D and Armory so that they can put it through the ringer. Once complete, they will bless Production to ship to distributors August. 

I wish Sig would just own it and spit it out. 

One thing to note that I think a handful of people are forgetting to consider, but the new tungsten-poly grip might make the gun too heavy to use in carry optics. Sig touts a weight of 43.5oz with an empty magazine. Most slide-mounted optics are between about 1-2oz each, bringing that pretty close to the 45oz maximum.

I'm not sure how much weight you lose removing the magwell, but I'd imagine that's gonna be a pretty close call regardless. Another thing to note is that recorded weight is with the 17-round Legion mags included with the gun, and not any higher-capacity mags. Granted, the Legion magazine basepads are aluminum, but any extended ones people use will probably be a bit heavier.

With the Q5 Match SF being 41.5oz out of the box that leaves plenty of weight for basepads and an optic. I don't know, maybe it won't be that close with the new X5 Legion. What are your guys' thoughts?

4 hours ago, jcc7x7 said:

Rear sight plate and magwell off. No problems with weight

The only thing you wouldn’t be able to run mostly likely is a tungsten guide rod but if the frame is already full of it you don’t really need to.

So I agree, I think it’ll just make it for CO once that magwell is removed. 

This is what I got from my standard X-five

Magwell = 1.8oz

Rear Sight Ass'y = 1.21oz

This was posted by DesertTortoise

Sig 17 Rd with Springer 140 base (23 Rd) 4.1 oz

Sig 17 Rd stock 2.9 oz

Sig 21 rd stock 3.6 oz

It will be fine for CO.

3 hours ago, jaep1911 said:

This is what I got from my standard X-five

Magwell = 1.8oz

Rear Sight Ass'y = 1.21oz

This was posted by DesertTortoise

Sig 17 Rd with Springer 140 base (23 Rd) 4.1 oz

Sig 17 Rd stock 2.9 oz

Sig 21 rd stock 3.6 oz

It will be fine for CO.

Well if you're using the Springer basepad you might be pushing it there. I forgot to consider removing the sight assembly, but an optic ends up being roughly the same weight so that's hardly considered savings there. I'm mathing out at least 45.25oz with all that setup. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by tacomandood

1 hour ago, tacomandood said:

Well if you're using the Springer basepad you might be pushing it there. I forgot to consider removing the sight assembly, but an optic ends up being roughly the same weight so that's hardly considered savings there. I'm mathing out at least 45.25oz with all that setup. 🤷‍♂️

Your math is wrong then.

43.5 oz - 1.8 oz magwell + 1.2 oz basepad = 42.9. And that's even assuming the Henning basepad weighs no more than the stock 17 rd (which it doesn't).

Romeo1 is lighter than the optics plate it replaces.

So you'll be way under, still.

Edited by be032

On 6/20/2019 at 9:37 PM, Akkid17 said:

Just saw today Max Michel said he’s working on designing a  P320 MAX that he said is coming out next year. Curious which direction this will go. 

That’s interesting. Anyone else heard details on this?

29 minutes ago, BelRiose said:

That’s interesting. Anyone else heard details on this?

I’ve  seen this same comment in lots of places but never any additional commentary. 

I’m definitely interested. That said, still willing (and have) invested in the x5 Legion. After all, I’ll need to buy new guns next year too. 😂

Hello: I think they will keep the 320X5 Max top secret until all the old 320X5's are sold. People will buy the 320X5 legion until the Max comes out and then buy it. Prices have dropped on the regular 320X5's already. Only thing that I can see is if the cost is too high that people will look for other options. Thanks, Eric

I got hands on some Legion grips. Just amazingly heavy. Didn't get a chance to shoot them yet, but I they will be a nice performance enhancement. 

Edited by alma

14 minutes ago, alma said:

I got hands on some Legion grips. Just amazingly heavy. Didn't get a chance to shoot them yet, but I they will be a nice performance enhancement. 

I am hoping to have my new x5 Legion next week, providing the distributor receives. 

Really looking forward to compare it

to my 34/5.