Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Legion announced! Q5 Match SF competitor?

mellino19

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, jaep1911 said:

Thanks a lot, jrn.

As stated, you notice slide movement more when there isn't a mag in the gun. Since it pretty much goes away when there is a mag in the gun and since the slights are connected to the slide, not the frame, it doesn't make a significant difference in accuracy. 

I checked out the Legion that was on the wall at the SIG Pro Shop and was very impressed. 

The trigger was surprisingly good, and with the full length guide rod you really don't need to do anything to this gun to be competitive. I put one on back order while I was there. 

3 hours ago, alma said:

As stated, you notice slide movement more when there isn't a mag in the gun. Since it pretty much goes away when there is a mag in the gun and since the slights are connected to the slide, not the frame, it doesn't make a significant difference in accuracy. 

I was worried about accuracy because the slide was literally moving as I pulled the trigger which could definitely affect accuracy.  I’m thinking there was something wrong with the one I looked at.  I went back today to look at it again but I got distracted when I saw they got in a TTI Combat Master 2011. Went home with a much lighter wallet LOL

4 hours ago, alma said:

I checked out the Legion that was on the wall at the SIG Pro Shop and was very impressed. 

The trigger was surprisingly good, and with the full length guide rod you really don't need to do anything to this gun to be competitive. I put one on back order while I was there. 

Much different to the gray guns trigger?

I have always preferred the smoother edge profile on the GG. The OEM Sig X5 trigger has too sharp of a corner on the edges. If they addressed this and made it a much closer trigger to the GG in crispness and break then they did something amazing. 

1 hour ago, dansedgli said:

Much different to the gray guns trigger?

I had been shooting a stock X5 for a three day course so I couldn't give a good comparison other than to say it's noticeably better than factor and seems to be good enough that you don't have to get an aftermarket right away. I need to do all true side by side to see how much better the GGI would be or if any GGI parts can further improve the Legion. 

On 7/12/2019 at 9:39 AM, jrn1975 said:

Flatter?  I couldn't tell the difference.  With good technique, the original X5 has always shoot really flat for me and the legion was no different.

Softer...yes.  the extra weight make the legion feel a lot softer in hand.  

I personally feel the extra weight helps the legion return back on target better.  Shooting both guns side by side, I found I shot better controlled pairs with the legion.  The extra weight helps with the balance of the gun.  

But as always, load, springs, and technique plays a factor in how a gun returns back on target.

Thanks for your answer and info. Cheers 

3 minutes ago, Akkid17 said:

Osage county guns has them listed but says they are not available yet. 

I was waiting for them to post it because they said it would be here today. On the list but nothing.

I ended up just back ordering from SWFA. They're $3 more than Osage but at least like Osage, they're about $50 cheaper than Sig direct.

Well, after a couple heart attacks for trying to

make weight in CO and mag leng length after adding tti +5’s, I’m squared away and legal. 

I only have 300 rounds through the gun but I’m shooting it in tomorrow’s local match. Love the feel and balance so far. 

Ill take the 34/5 in case something weird happens. 

I just picked mine up today and got back from the range. If I had a holster that would fit it I would leave my G34 at home tomorrow. This thing shoots flat.

It feels softer than my Tanfo Stock 2. Is it me or it this trigger good to go? I can’t believe nothing needs to changed, race ready!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, Stician said:

It feels softer than my Tanfo Stock 2. Is it me or it this trigger good to go? I can’t believe nothing needs to changed, race ready!

The trigger is light years ahead of a regular x5. And while I shot so stinking slow today that my squad was able to catch a nappy, the trigger was NOT the problem. It was the shooter!

Im going to go ahead and upgrade the trigger but only because I’m horribly spoiled with my Glock trigger. 

So yes, I’ll happily shoot this bone stock as is until I’m ready to send it for trigger work.

just a fantastic gun. 

Edited by Zoomie517

4 hours ago, Stician said:

The trigger in mine is pretty good. I am in no hurry to change anything on it. 

The trigger in mine is pretty good. I am in no hurry to change anything on it. 

I agree. Stock 2 needed front optic sight, fire control parts, grips, a ton of internal polishing. This Sig is good to go out of the box and reloads are easier compared to the Stock 2. Now where’s that RHT holster?!

Mine arrived. It is impressive. Well balanced (thats what I said when I picked up my regular X-five, lol). Everything is fitted tight. No wiggle whatsoever.

I do not know what they have done to the trigger ass'y but it is impressive. Its break feels and sounds crisp. Very very close to the stock trigger of the PPQ Q5 that I used to have. I prefer this trigger to the GG trigger that I have on my reg X-five. I will stick with it for now and later, may swap the stock trigger to GG's curved one.

Cant wait to make it dirty.

Looking forward to my first Sig and first dip into Carry Optics!  Ordered yesterday and was told up to two business days before shipping. Received receipt and charge on my card, just waiting on tracking numbers.  

Just finished ordering a holster and a couple of the Springer Precision 140mm base pads so should be good to go. If all goes well I might have it ready for a steel challenge match next Saturday. Hopefully my optic will be here soon, it got routed to the northern part of the state by our mail service yesterday!

3 minutes ago, JGus said:

I wonder what Sig can do with the eventual release of the Max Michel P320 X5 to improve the model even more?

For starters they can throw every x5 Legion barrel with the LCI in the trash can so it quits clouding up my DPP!