Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holosun 510c.... really the new "optic hotness"?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried the 510c and it was not for me, I found I was trying to focus to much on the large circle when I’m used to just a dot.  The dot is to small for me to use by itself. I really wanted to like the 510c but went back to what I know and prefer and that’s a Vortex Venom 6moa. 

58 minutes ago, ABQautoxer said:

The 512s are coming, you might want to wait and see if that interests you. I love my 510c.

Sure they are 😐

The last time I talked to them they told me December (2018) then I heard January.  I have an RTS2 arriving tomorrow since I need something now.

I wish they would make something in green that has an option for a 6 or 8 dot in the center. I like the 510 green but there are times when I need just a dot and the 510's dot is too small for me.

8 hours ago, Hawk21 said:

I know this isnt related to PCC but has anyone seen other pistol mount options besides Tevo ?  

Limcat is the only one you should be interested in. The blast shield is well worth it due to the optic being so large. 

I appreciate all the informative feedback everyone has offered. The overwhelming consensus is this is a great sight on PCC gun. For those  running it on an AR-15 platform is the quick detach mount it comes with a suitable height or is there a riser that usually needed for more upright head position? Thanks again in advance.

The quick-detach mount is perfect.

I asked Max Leograndis about this thing a full year ago. His reply?

“It’s great. Get one. Just be sure to take every screw out, loctite it, and put it back together and you’ll never have a problem.”

I loctited the hell out of everything with red, and even used blue on the screws holding the battery tray in. I have never had a problem.

5 hours ago, LowSpeedHighDrag said:

That's probably personal preference.  FWIW, I got the risers for mine.

Again I appreciate the info guys. Does Holosun make a proprietary riser for the footprint of the 510c to go between the optic and the QD mount or are you just putting the mount on a low profile Picatinny riser? Thanks

1 minute ago, vgdvc said:

Again I appreciate the info guys. Does Holosun make a proprietary riser for the footprint of the 510c to go between the optic and the QD mount or are you just putting the mount on a low profile Picatinny riser? Thanks

Yes they sell a riser that fits between the QD mount and the optic. You can find it on their site or on Amazon. 

18 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

The quick-detach mount is perfect.

I asked Max Leograndis about this thing a full year ago. His reply?

“It’s great. Get one. Just be sure to take every screw out, loctite it, and put it back together and you’ll never have a problem.”

I loctited the hell out of everything with red, and even used blue on the screws holding the battery tray in. I have never had a problem.

There is also a piece that the QD lever presses against that can break.  After the one on my girlfriends PCC broke I just took the pieces out and tightened the mount using the Allen screw on the opposite side.   On a competition gun a QD mount is pointless if it is a weakness, so just disable that ability from the start. 

8 hours ago, chevrofreak said:

There is also a piece that the QD lever presses against that can break.  After the one on my girlfriends PCC broke I just took the pieces out and tightened the mount using the Allen screw on the opposite side.   On a competition gun a QD mount is pointless if it is a weakness, so just disable that ability from the start. 

Good to know and agreed regarding  not a top Quality Quick detach for a competition piece. Looks like ADM makes a QD unit so if it became a real issue that should be a good solve. BTW kudos for having a girlfriend who participates in PCC/USPSA

I just ran a 510c on my RFRO gun and like it.  Going to add one to my PCC when I get it.  However, one thing that did annoy me a little is the angle of the sun coming through the front of the sight reflects off of the emitter and then you can see a faint red square in the glass when looking through it.  Apparently this is only if the sun is in front of you.  Other folks I talked to said they don't even notice it anymore.

Thanks again for all who did and continue to contribute their experiences. I just ordered a 510c with red recticle today. I'll see once I get if I need to put a riser on it. Looking forward to trying it and also sharing my opinion.

So I got  my 510c today,seem Ms promising. By the time I got home was starting to turn dusk. I was happy to see it's the same height as my Cmore slideride on a American Defense QD mount which gives me about 1/4-1/3 co witness if I had standard height AR sights. Using just the single dot to get close to zeroing,again not ideal light conditions,  something I noticed is as I changed the intensity of the dot the point of impact seem to move considerably,up and left. Has anyone noticed a point of impact change with change in dot brightness?

1 hour ago, vgdvc said:

I was happy to see it's the same height as my Cmore slideride on a American Defense QD mount which gives me about 1/4-1/3 co witness if I had standard height AR sights.

You have a different 510c than what I have then. It's not as high as my c-more with adm qd mount even with the holosun riser added, that is why mine is a back-up optic now.