Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holosun 510c.... really the new "optic hotness"?

Hello PCC shooters. So I got to handle a 510c on a PCC at a local match. Green rectical  (not sure if I like) and the unit looks like it had real potential with the dot/circle combo. I'm fairly new to PCC and run an 8moa Cmore railway. Would anyone with some time behind their 510c care to comment on their experiences or comparisons to other optics used?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I switched everything over last year from cmore to holosun 510c with a red reticle......no more burnt out batteries and much faster with the circle dot. Very bright.....I use manual mode. I did just buy a green reticle and I am liking that as well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would imagine it would be great for dedicated PCC match with stars/ plateracks etc. at 40+ yards etc. with the small center dot versatility. My concern is getting used to the large circle up closer.

Just bought one after checking one out this afternoon.  Great dot and I like the options.  I bought one in red.  Will be interested to see what others have to say.

I’d like to check it out at Havana if you bring your PCC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1 minute ago, TRUBL said:

I switched everything over last year from cmore to holosun 510c with a red reticle......no more burnt out batteries and much faster with the circle dot. Very bright.....I use manual mode. I did just buy a green reticle and I am liking that as well

How far back can you go and have the circle stay inside the "A" zone?  ( I haven't done the math yet...)

I would imagine it would be great for dedicated PCC match with stars/ plateracks etc. at 40+ yards etc. with the small center dot versatility. My concern is getting used to the large circle up closer.

The large circle acts as a bracket.......you’ll get use to it fast! And on plate racks I use it as a lead in......you’ll love it

How far back can you go and have the circle stay inside the "A" zone?  ( I haven't done the math yet...)

I use the circle/dot.......it will bracket the target at out to 25yds ish........more important, the circle makes you see that dot!,,

I had one but it was a bit too big and bulky for my needs, and I preferred a bigger dot since I didn't use the larger circle.  On a defensive AR I think it's nice and really quick to acquire, but for me something like the Sig Romeo3 serves the same purpose, and I like my C-Mores on my competition PCC's.  But in terms of build quality and usability (and price), I have nothing bad to say about the 510C.

Edited by MoRivera
2 minutes ago, TRUBL said:

The large circle acts as a bracket.......you’ll get use to it fast! And on plate racks I use it as a lead in......you’ll love it

Oh man! There's always something new and cool to buy. Keeps me going to work if nothing else...lol!

I had one but it was a bit too big and bulky for my needs, and I preferred a bigger dot since I didn't use the larger circle.  On a defensive AR I think it's nice and really quick to acquire, but for me something like the Sig Romeo3 serves the same purpose, and I like my C-Mores on my competition PCC's.  But in terms of build quality and usability (and price), I have nothing bad to say about the 510C.

Ahhhhhh.......behold......the 507c

15 minutes ago, TeedOff said:

I’d like to check it out at Havana if you bring your PCC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Won't make Havana in May.  Mine will be going on my VR80.  Might think about another one for the PCC but the C'More is good on there at the moment.

7 minutes ago, TRUBL said:

Ahhhhhh.......behold......the 507c

Yeah that looks cool, but again, I like the C-mores with big dots on my competition PCC's, and on a home-defense gun, the Romeo3 is essentially giving me what I'd look to get from the 507 anyway.  I have a couple of Holosun microdots as well like the 503/403, and those work just fine on small grab-and-go AR's/PCC's.

19 minutes ago, MoRivera said:

Yeah that looks cool, but again, I like the C-mores with big dots on my competition PCC's, and on a home-defense gun, the Romeo3 is essentially giving me what I'd look to get from the 507 anyway.  I have a couple of Holosun microdots as well like the 503/403, and those work just fine on small grab-and-go AR's/PCC's.

I put a Romeo 3 on an open pistol. Good quality optic so far but could be brighter on sunny days, especially engaging white steel.

It’s the best optic I’ve used out of aimpoint t-1/t2, mro, cmore railway 6 moa. The 510 has a huge field of view, battery life with solar off its great, brightness is excellent. It’s lightweight and durable comes with a qd mount. For uspsa the circle and dot combo as most stages are short shots. In uml or 3gn I use just the dot on stages with long shots. The only con I’ve found is rain can starburst your dot. 

Edited by Bwillis

I just put one on my MPX, after checking out a squad member that had one on his PCC at a recent local match.  I really like the mount that came with it, puts it at just the right height.  The DPP was too low, my thumb on the top of the forearm was in the way of the sight picture, so I had to put on a .5" riser to get my thumb out of the field of view.  No prob with the 510C.  Oh, and I got the Green Dot too.  Just need to get it sighted in and put some rounds down range to see if I like the circle dot.  From what I have been told, it's pretty quick to just frame the A zone in the circle.   

The only way to go- GREEN is the new red- green is seen more easily

by the eye than red is- ask your eye doctor.

And green has not washed out when the sun is in front of you when shooting.

Have had mine on two different MPX for months now- Love it- 

I have a couple of them(red) and like them pretty well.  The auto-on and long battery life is great for competition firearms.  Plenty bright, rugged, etc.  Only complaint is that on rare occasions when the sun is in just the right place, you can get the reflection of a circuit board on the glass.  That's only happened to me once and it did not prevent me from seeing/hitting my targets, just a slight annoyance.  I have them set to just the dot, haven't really tried with the circle dot.

I had a green, but got too much internal reflection/refraction and I run a green laser, do I didn't want them the same. I have also run both reticles and settled on the dot. The circle was great for holdover, but it was slower for me, since I was always trying to 'center' everything vs. putting the dot somewhere in the 'A' zone and pulling the trigger. 

12 hours ago, vgdvc said:

I put a Romeo 3 on an open pistol. Good quality optic so far but could be brighter on sunny days, especially engaging white steel.

I could see that.  I just have one on my home defense carbine, so like the 510C it has a good auto-on feature and no real worry about it being washed out.  All my other dots have to be cranked up when used on sunny days, especially the C-Mores.  Having an attachable Guga Ribas hood for the window helps.

I have been very happy with the 510c thus far. The huge FOV really helps for awkward positions like crouching and hard leans plus shoulder transitions and shooting on the move without a cheek weld. The glass is clear and the reticle is very sharp / crisp. Brightness is perfectly adequate even on sunny days, I have not had to use the highest settings. I have thrown it in barrels and dropped it once and it held up ok but I haven't had it long enough to comment on long-term durability. The circle-dot reticle is nice if you do any shooting past 25 yards as you have a very precise point of aim. Up close the big circle works very well for speed.

One advantage to the circle-dot that I don't see mentioned a lot is with hold-overs. At my local matches you often have to make A-zone headshots, hit a small piece of steel, or deal with overlayed no-shoot (hostage) targets. It's very handy to have additional points of reference so you aren't just floating the dot somewhere in space over the top of your desired point-of-impact. The circle gives you that extra reference point. I know exactly where to hold (center dot, halfway between dot and bottom of circle, on the bottom of the circle, etc) at <5, 10 to 15, and 20 to 30yd. For me personally that gives a little extra speed and confidence vs relying purely on feel to make those shots.