Carry Optics is really popular

lstange

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I predicted this a while back. Not Nostradumbass or anything,  it is just a division that is appealing to  a bunch of people.  Low start up cost , cheap ammo, high cap,  still a pistol, and competes closely to limited in the overalls, seems destined to be the #1or 2 division in a few more years. But remember it was falling flat, till they upped  the capacity,  i think that was the deal maker

Edited by RJH

It is on fire here too, and not just the old guys (and gals) who need the eyeball assist. I was in a training class a couple weeks ago and the two oldest guys (me included) were shooting revolver and 1911. Everyone else (including the instructor) had one of those fancy cheater things on their plastic fantastics.

Edited by Mcfoto

4 hours ago, RJH said:

I predicted this a while back. Not Nostradumbass or anything,  it is just a division that is appealing to  a bunch of people.  Low start up cost , cheap ammo, high cap,  still a pistol, and competes closely to limited in the overalls, seems destined to be the #1or 2 division in a few more years. But remember it was falling flat, till they upped  the capacity,  i think that was the deal maker

Really took off with the increase in mag capacity.

I was really surprised at CO.  Took a couple years off.  When I left it was just barely getting off the ground and, well kind of lame.  The majority of the competition was in Open and Production locally with all the sharks in those two divisions.  Came back and hardly anyone was shooting Production, which is good, because I kind of suck now.  Seems like CO and PCC have a big following.  PCC didn't surprise me but CO did.  Lots of speed coming out of that division.  

Im one of the new co guys. Im new and shot production with a 9mm for about 6 matches and then just wanted to run. But shooting limited minor was not something i wanted to do. So threw a dot on my plastic gun. Done.

CO is crazy popular here like chuck and mcfoto said too so plenty of heat to crush me. Cant wait for my first co match.

Does anyone think that with the advent of CO and PCC, that the less popular divisions need to be gotten rid of? I’ve heard this argument from both sides, and have come around to liking the thought of CO, although with the original 10 round mag rule I thought it was stupid. My thought process right now is that there’s not enough participation in SS, lim 10, and revolver to take the “heat” out of the more popular divisions, so just leave it be for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WoW! I think Co really doing great looks like fun inexpensive gun, inexpensive site along with cheap ammo makes it really attractive the limited budget shooters. but, custom gun makers and USPSA rules! will Funk it up. I've almost quit shooting USPSA all together.  Now, back about 1981-82 when I started shooting Ipsc and we all pretty much ran a 1911 with a 7 or 8 round magazine, had small rulebook it was a blast. Just saying. But shoot your initials USPSA, IDPA, LRP, SC or what ever. I love 3 Gun, best is outlaw 3 gun. With a little IDPA on the side. Like I said. Just saying. Peace.

Edited by usmc1974

I just got back into shooting since taking a break back in 2015.  I was mainly a production shooter then.  First match back was back on March 16th.  There were several CO guns there.  Though they looked fun so I got to researching it.  Now I have a 2nd upper for my CZ to run in CO. Talk about easy to get into.  All I needed was a 2nd upper, red dot, and mounting plate.  Slapped some extensions on a couple mags.  All set.  Cheapest entry into a new division ever.  First match with that will be this weekend.  Looking forward to it.

I do think the bump to 140mm mags is what really makes the deal. With optics ready pistols like the Canik TP9SFX available with an optic for <$600 fairly regularly (it comes with a holster too) it's probably the cheapest division to get into now with a competitive set up. You just need an extra mag and 2-3 mag pouches and you're ready to go.

A lot of people love their dots but don't want to/can't afford to spend the money for an open gun; even more people hate having to plan stages around reloads, CO with 140mm mags fills both of those plus everyone is scored minor and 9mm is cheap, which makes it very accessible to newcomers. 

20 minutes ago, Southpaw said:

Yes it did. Imagine how much more popular Production would be without the 10 round limit... 🤔

not sure it's the same. CO (like pcc) is specifically geared towards lazy and old people who don't want to practice, but still want to be able to hit stuff.

Because of iron sights, production is NEVER going to be attractive to that demographic.

8 minutes ago, motosapiens said:

CO (like pcc) is specifically geared towards lazy and old people who don't want to practice, but still want to be able to hit stuff.

Wow, I'm doing this wrong: I'm both old and lazy but my latest lust is for revolver. Guess I better re-think that...