Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Red Hill tactical holster

Czgunsalot

They can pretty much make a holster for any gun/option you have, they are Double layered (very solid,no flex), lots of inner layer color choices, lots of outer layer color/graphic choices, options for nitro fin, options for frame weights, many retention options, many mounting options, they support our sport, ect.... I could probably think of more but im at work making money so i can afford another RHT holster!!! 😁😜

I have used two other brands that were good. But since I switched to them this is all I use now. For the price with all of the options and quality workmanship to me you can’t beat them, also always delivered on or before date promised.

1 hour ago, T-Free said:

They can pretty much make a holster for any gun/option you have, they are Double layered (very solid,no flex), lots of inner layer color choices, lots of outer layer color/graphic choices, options for nitro fin, options for frame weights, many retention options, many mounting options, they support our sport, ect.... I could probably think of more but im at work making money so i can afford another RHT holster!!! 😁😜

37 minutes ago, Kilrb said:

I have used two other brands that were good. But since I switched to them this is all I use now. For the price with all of the options and quality workmanship to me you can’t beat them, also always delivered on or before date promised.

Thank you for your guys input.  I wish Redhill could read these comments. I’m going to have to go for it and give them a try.  On that note do you guys have a discount code LOL

On 3/28/2019 at 2:35 PM, Czgunsalot said:

Thank you for your guys input.  I wish Redhill could read these comments. I’m going to have to go for it and give them a try.  On that note do you guys have a discount code LOL

Bob is on here, I'm sure he sees them.

I have six of them for various guns.  The only downside I've found is that the red kydex they use seems to be a little soft.  My Single Stack holster is red on the inside, and my pistol takes shavings of it every time I draw.  It's a hell of a mess after a match.  No problem with any other holster, and this is really just nit picking.

Have one for my xcarry and love it. Partly because it’s so cool looking and partly because it’s so slick. Holds the gun fine but let’s it go easy when drawing. It’s a little far off the hip for idpa but for casual matches it’s no big deal.

Red Hill tactical holster
I’m just curious what is so great about Redhill holts that is what everybody recommends

I choose them specifically for the double layer models. It’s ultra stiff, and when paired with a good hanger there’s no snag. The front cut height is perfect for getting the muzzle out as quickly as possible, yet enough to positively retain the gun. Can easily match the speed of a race holster, and in my case I exceed it. They inspire confidence in a hard and fast presentation to a target. Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I must be one of the few that doesn't like their holster.  Granted, I only have experience with a single holster for a 5" 2011 but the fit was horrible.  I tried to return it but after the whole restocking fee and shipping brick wall I just threw it in the drawer with the other misfit holsters.  I choose Weber Tactical but I fully understand that opinions and experiences can vary and holsers/mag pouches can be a personal thing.

And I believe USPSA gives you 10% off as well.

11 hours ago, wixthedog said:

I must be one of the few that doesn't like their holster.  Granted, I only have experience with a single holster for a 5" 2011 but the fit was horrible.  I tried to return it but after the whole restocking fee and shipping brick wall I just threw it in the drawer with the other misfit holsters.  I choose Weber Tactical but I fully understand that opinions and experiences can vary and holsers/mag pouches can be a personal thing.

I'm not fan boy either.

I've had two neither fit correctly and rocked in the holster like a rocking horse.

That was when I had the holster in my hand and the gun inserted so it wasn't a loose mount etc.

Even when it was tightened up so you couldn't pull the gun out , the gun rocked front to back

A Tanfo and 1911 holster.

I sold both to fan boys and they seem happy  and so was I.

Glad they're working out for others though.

And I do appreciate RHT supporting uspsa matches.

• 4 months later...
On 4/20/2019 at 11:27 PM, wixthedog said:

what advantages does Weber offer?  (not trying to bag on either manufacturer, and you're someone that has handled them both).  

I like the idea of the RHT with the lower ejection port cut, where Weber does not seem to have that feature.  

• 6 months later...
On 4/20/2019 at 11:27 PM, wixthedog said:

I just got one for my STI DVC LTD.  I was very excited t9 get it as I’ve heard such great things.  Mine is so tight I can’t draw it out unless I remove the bottoms screw and loosen the top two right off.  Still tighter than I like.  Any suggestions on how to remedy this Bob?

On 4/6/2019 at 4:05 AM, XDoctor said:

I have six of them for various guns.  The only downside I've found is that the red kydex they use seems to be a little soft.  My Single Stack holster is red on the inside, and my pistol takes shavings of it every time I draw.  It's a hell of a mess after a match.  No problem with any other holster, and this is really just nit picking.

Same here. I have one that is red inside for my P320 and by the end of the match I have a red racing stripe on the top right edge of my slide.  Doesn’t hurt the finish of the gun from what I’ve seen but it is strange looking. 

I have a RHT that I used in production and CO, and it converted me to the benefits of the stiff double layer. All the singe layer kydex holsters were unceremoniously dumped.

Never tried Weber, but I have tried GX and they are great holsters as well.

It seems we all have a box of unloved equipment - I thought I was the only one who bought stuff fast, hated it, and then kept it around to mock my poor decision making