Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How Do You Store Your Rigs/Belts?

resortboarder

I’ve been relocated down to the basement, so I’m setting up me reloading/shop/gear all over again. I’ve got 4 complete belt rigs and I’ve previously hung them by nails on the wall, but it takes up a lot of wall space and a little bump can send a $200 rig crashing from 6’. How does everyone else store their rigs? Thanks.

If you have open rafters, I have used the hooks made to hang bikes up. That keeps them up high and usually out of the way, and the hook is deep enough a little bump is not going to make it drop. If it's a sheetrock wall, still good option, but leaves a larger than normal hole.

Pegboard with a double straight hook.  It holds my belt with all mags filled with dummy rounds.  Next to that are pants with the inner belt already in the belt loops and timer attached.  I just throw them on, wrap the belt and am ready for dry fire.

56 minutes ago, TRPOperator said:

If you have open rafters, I have used the hooks made to hang bikes up. That keeps them up high and usually out of the way, and the hook is deep enough a little bump is not going to make it drop. If it's a sheetrock wall, still good option, but leaves a larger than normal hole.

Love this idea.^^^ Up high would keep some dust off them from the shop work too. I’ve got a few 10” lag bolts I might use. Thanks!

Edited by resortboarder

On 2/17/2018 at 3:11 AM, resortboarder said:

I’ve been relocated down to the basement, so I’m setting up me reloading/shop/gear all over again. I’ve got 4 complete belt rigs and I’ve previously hung them by nails on the wall, but it takes up a lot of wall space and a little bump can send a $200 rig crashing from 6’. How does everyone else store their rigs? Thanks.

i just throw then on top of all my  "go bags" and chest rigs in my work room. has a  bank steel door  in cinder block walls for a room  we built.. i am a s.h.t.f. guy, not a match shooter. just retiring from security work since 9/11. will always have load out bags and ammo close at hand. its work gear so i expect it to "work" anytime.  doom on the fool that comes to hurt my wife or my cocker spaniel.

jjw

bath ohio

akron area.

Edited by jjw