Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

26 minutes ago, firerain said:

It is 'normal' on legion, but never seen that on any other hand guns.

Glock, M&P, HK, Almost any other striker fired gun on the market.

Never owned a Walter so can't say for sure but I'd beat it does it.

Not a problem, just one of those things you notice while playing with the gun

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, a quick question here: I want to swap the thin Dawson front sight into Trijicon HD (SG101O). Is it also possible to change the rear sight on the X5? I do not need the adjustment but it looks like I would need some kind of adapter since it is mounted on a plate.

7 hours ago, Paul089 said:

Hey guys, a quick question here: I want to swap the thin Dawson front sight into Trijicon HD (SG101O). Is it also possible to change the rear sight on the X5? I do not need the adjustment but it looks like I would need some kind of adapter since it is mounted on a plate.

You could ask Sig if they M17 rear plate/sight would fit, and if they would sell you one. They both are designed to take the DPP so hopefully it would be plug and play. If does simply bolt up, it's just a question if the heights will like up for POA - POI.  

I have a sig x5 that I want to make it a legion. I have done a trigger job and have the stainless steel guide rod with 2011 recoil spring.

I found at Small Gun Parts.com where you can buy just the weight. Will that fit im my sig x5 are do I have to buy the whole grip module?

1 hour ago, Slide4949 said:

I have a sig x5 that I want to make it a legion. I have done a trigger job and have the stainless steel guide rod with 2011 recoil spring.

I found at Small Gun Parts.com where you can buy just the weight. Will that fit im my sig x5 are do I have to buy the whole grip module?

What weight are you talking about? Your old X5 grip already has the weight in it unless it’s a franken X5 where you installed the X5 grip without the weight.

But to answer your question, yes it will fit. They are interchangeable. I took these photos to compare the weight and physical dimensions of the regular X5 grip to the tungsten grip module weight. Everything is the same except for the weight. the regular X5 grip weight is .05 oz heavier

regular X5 grip weight

3-CF73-F91-863-E-4-E25-A30-B-7-F3-BA0964

tungsten grip module weight

D649-C5-AB-DA74-46-F5-87-AF-A7-FDF156425

Both are made of the same material, .

stainless steel

C3510065-EDBB-417-E-B2-B5-94-EC137-D5-CF

8 hours ago, Slide4949 said:

I will order the tungsten grip module then. Was trying to save a buck.

I bought the tungsten grip module, and put it on one of my Xfives. I transferred my original weight, and tungsten guide rod. I ran some drills, to compare the two guns, and I’m not any faster with one over the other.

23 minutes ago, RH45 said:

I bought the tungsten grip module, and put it on one of my Xfives. I transferred my original weight, and tungsten guide rod. I ran some drills, to compare the two guns, and I’m not any faster with one over the other.

That’s not too surprising.  Unless you are the very best thing n the sport (disclaimer:  I am not), you got to get used to gun before you are going to see improvement.  To me, doubles drills and quicker splits on medium to far range distances is where you would most likely see improvement assuming you already have decent recoil control.  You may have to alter your grip/tension to take advantage of the flatter recoil.  Then you have to get used to shooting quicker.  That’s my 2 cents having just changed platforms (there wasn’t an immediate improvement but rather the more I figured out to best handle the gun and visualized a flatter shooting gun, the better I have started to shoot it).

Hello: If you are using the tungsten guide rod with the tungsten Sig grip module try it with just a steel guide rod. I am faster with the tungsten module and steel guide rod than I am with the heavy tungsten guide rod. I did transition drills and draws with a timer as well as double taps. Thanks, Eric

6 minutes ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: If you are using the tungsten guide rod with the tungsten Sig grip module try it with just a steel guide rod. I am faster with the tungsten module and steel guide rod than I am with the heavy tungsten guide rod. I did transition drills and draws with a timer as well as double taps. Thanks, Eric

Is that because the sights are dropping below the original POA or just the extra weight up front, extra weight slowing transitions.  I  ask only because I was planning to switch to a tungsten GR

Edited by B585

23 minutes ago, B585 said:

Is that because the sights are dropping below the original POA or just the extra weight up front, extra weight slowing transitions.  I  ask only because I was planning to switch to a tungsten GR

Don’t. Waste of money. I could tell zero difference by feel and by the timer. 

Hello: yes the extra weight up front makes transitions slower for me as well as the draw. The tungsten guide rod does reduce recoil flip and feels softer also. I like to try different things but use the timer as a final judge. Next I will be trying a stock X5 grip with the Springer tungsten guide rod and SSI tungsten grip weight to see how it does. Thanks, Eric

• 2 weeks later...

new problem with the X5: the slide is locking back prematurely (while there are still bullets in the magazine), any idea what could cause this?? I was told that longer 9mm rounds may cause this, and indeed this problem happens with one type of ammo only

by the way, i am pretty sure that i am not touching the slide lock/release

4 hours ago, Tango said:

new problem with the X5: the slide is locking back prematurely (while there are still bullets in the magazine), any idea what could cause this?? I was told that longer 9mm rounds may cause this, and indeed this problem happens with one type of ammo only

by the way, i am pretty sure that i am not touching the slide lock/release

What recoil spring and how many rounds?