Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How many platforms?

Danny3nose

In the 1.5 years that I have been shooting USPSA I have been through 3 divisions. Production with a XDM 5.25" is my primary but I started with a FNX. I've had 3 different SS guns but have now settled on the Sig Max in .45. I do have a SA RO in 9mm to setup as a minor gun. In Revolver I started with a 625 and still have but picked up a 627 to be more competitive in the equipment race.

I don't know how much I'll be shooting revolver division. I love the thought of it but have not been able to put in the work to get proficient.

Started in production with an M&P Pro in 09. Dumped it for a G34 a year later which was a much better gun. Went Open in '13 with a Cheely 2011. NOT leaving open and will never stoop to welfare optics.:)

Last year was my first year shooting, started with revolver- 625JM, then I tried out limited shooting with a few steel matches so I went to a Glock 35, switched the Glock 35 from .40 to 9mm since my dad was shooting 9mm as well (made reloading a lot easier) went from Glock 35 to a Glock 17. Now I decided to make a step up into the 2011 world and I shoot a STI Edge now.

Been shooting USPSA for 3 1/2 years. Spent 3 years with an 8-shot revolver. Shot it for 2 years in production and L10 before the rule change allowing them in Revolver division. The last 6 months have been with a single stack 45. The classic nationals combining those two divisions is appealing.

So, 2 guns, 4 divisions.

Started shooting IDPA January 2014, took up USPSA fall 2014. I shot production for a few months, saw open pistols and had to have one. Picked up a used STI, been shooting it since January. I've shot production, limited 10 and open. I can't wait to try CO.

Spent a brief time in Production when I ventured over to USPSA from IDPA about 4 years ago.

Switched pretty quickly to Limited, but moved back to Production in October. I think that's where I will stay.

I've also shot some Single Stack. But that was just for a few weeks this year and last - for Single Stack Nationals.

I've only gone thru 2 platforms, one was a swinging bridge, the other a ramp......

Since before USPSA, even before IPSC, before wide body 9mms, before optics, at the beginning of time with Col Cooper, and there was by definition one division, 1911 .45acp

classified in all divisions since 2002. I mostly shoot Limited Minor these days

Edited by 9x45

I'm probably switching to the CZ SP01 Shadow. I've been shooting a G17 and 34 but the new gun bug bit me. I picked up a Shadow from Oak Hill and have been shooting it non stop. My split times are getting better and the gun seems to track better. It might be "the new girlfriend" effect of trying something new, but I think I'm going to stick with it for the rest of the year and see how I do.

Edited by Danny3nose

Shot a 1911 in SS for about a year and half. Dabbled in other divisions with borrowed guns to get classified. Shot an M&P in a little production and 3-gun but not much. Picked up a Cheely 2011 limited gun a few years ago and have pretty well stuck with that since.

4 total in the past 3 ½ years: 2 for production, 1 Single Stack and 1 Limited

I started with an M&P Pro in Production, then moved to Single Stack and then to a 2011 Brazo HP for Limited. I have FINALLY settled on shooting a CZ SP-01 Shadow in Production.

Been shooting for a about 1.5 years seem to switch guns more than I should ... Started shooting limited then to single stack than back to limited and just picked up a shadow target sp-01 to try production

Started in production with an M&P Pro in 09. Dumped it for a G34 a year later which was a much better gun. Went Open in '13 with a Cheely 2011. NOT leaving open and will never stoop to welfare optics. :)

never say never ... :)

Four or six depending on how you count them. Started USPSA with a G35 then a G24, switched to Open for a bit with an STI (not for me), then SSTK using several differnt 1911's for a long time, then back to Limited with an M&P Pro 40 for afew months until my STI-based Limited gun was finished. Counting gun models / variations I've used 6 differnt models / variations but counting types of guns its only four.

Not in exact order:

· Glock 17 ( with Jarvis Comp) 9X19mm

· EAA LSP 9X19mm

· Colt Delta elite 10MM

· Colt combat commander with 2 chamber comp .45ACP (155gr bullets)

· Glock 20 with a Hybrid comp barrel

· Glock 17

· Glock 22

· Glock 17L

· Glock 24

· Glock 35

· Glock 34

· Springfield P9 LSP .40 S&W, had 2 configurations: un-ported limited barrel and ported + 3chamber comp. still have the cracked frame in my safe, bought the last EAA “ race frame “ the day after the 1994 AWB was signed moved all the components over and sold the whole package to fund my first 2011 SVI build. That SVI frame was the last one sold in CA with 5 High cap magazines.

· SVI, 5” .40 Caspian slide, Bar-Sto Barrel. Sold to build a 5” LWD gun in .40

Now I have 9 2011’s with two additional top end configuration changes available.

Edited by 2011BLDR