Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lubrication...

rbebeau

When I ran out of slide glide, I was using Mobil 1. Went skeet shooting with friends, and remembered my can of SToS I use on the tabs/ejectors of my O/U. It's a lot like slide glide, but it's clear like vasoline. Works like a champ, and stays in place. Haven't decided whether to get another bottle of it or slide glide.

What is SToS?

http://www.ballisticproducts.com/STOS-Lubricant-2oz-Jar/productinfo/1610001/

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I ran out of slide glide, I was using Mobil 1. Went skeet shooting with friends, and remembered my can of SToS I use on the tabs/ejectors of my O/U. It's a lot like slide glide, but it's clear like vasoline. Works like a champ, and stays in place. Haven't decided whether to get another bottle of it or slide glide.

What is SToS?
http://www.ballisticproducts.com/STOS-Lubricant-2oz-Jar/productinfo/1610001/

It's a high end over/under shotgun grease for hinge pins & ejectors.

Lucas Oil, Extreme Duty Gyn Oil. I clean my open gun at 500 rounds or less. that just depends on if it's a 2 day match or a 1 day match. I figure if STI , Armalite & DoubleStar use it exclusively, it will serve me well. No grease for me.

Edited by a matt

Lucas Oil, Extreme Duty Gyn Oil. I clean my open gun at 500 rounds or less. that just depends on if it's a 2 day match or a 1 day match. I figure if STI , Armalite & DoubleStar use it exclusively, it will serve me well. No grease for me.

+1 on Lucas Oil

• 11 months later...

Lucas Extreme Duty Gun Oil plus I started using the Lucas Gun Metal Polish/Tumbler Media Additive instead of Nu Finish and I have not had to use the Dillon case lube or The Hornady One Shot any more. That media additive is some good stuff, shinny brass and no case lube.

Edited by a matt