Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vortex introducing new 3-gun scope?

ambluemax

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if I am going to be able to deal with this thing or not. I can see the whole front end of my rifle back to 6" from the end of the handguard. Then wrap your thumb around the handguard and now that's in full view. It's a pretty distracting sight picture. Anyone else notice this?

I started pulling out rifles and don't have that issue with a Vortex Viper PST, Nikon 1-5, Sightron 1-7, or my Burris Tac30. I can barely see the top of my thumb in the Burris and Sightron, but not enough to talk about. I even switched scope mounts and it doesn't seem to make any difference. I'm wondering if it's just the front lens being so far out toward the end of the scope tube.

I'm not sure if I am going to be able to deal with this thing or not. I can see the whole front end of my rifle back to 6" from the end of the handguard. Then wrap your thumb around the handguard and now that's in full view. It's a pretty distracting sight picture. Anyone else notice this?

I started pulling out rifles and don't have that issue with a Vortex Viper PST, Nikon 1-5, Sightron 1-7, or my Burris Tac30. I can barely see the top of my thumb in the Burris and Sightron, but not enough to talk about. I even switched scope mounts and it doesn't seem to make any difference. I'm wondering if it's just the front lens being so far out toward the end of the scope tube.

Practice a bit with it. When you focus on the target, you won't even see the close stuff.

It's called larger FOV and it's a very good thing. Actually it's probably the most important thing in a 3-gun variable power scope IMHO. The razor does the does the same thing.

I Can actually see my stock in my Swarovski the FOV is so large. ????

SV-4 arrived yesterday. It fits like a glove and works great.

Tip... You don't have to take the ring apart to install it on the scope. Simply loosen or remove the Allen screw, remove the rear lens cover and slide it over the scope carefully, tighten it up, and your done. Another great product from Vortex.

Not sure. When I ordered it through amazon, they gave a shipping date of August 20th. There is a lot of confusion surrounding this scope and when it will be available. More of the retailers side on that one.

I ran my new Strike Eagle through it's first match this weekend. Overall I'm very happy with it. The reticle is going to take some getting used to for me for distance, but I can deal with that. Here's a video of me running it through a hoser stage: