Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vortex introducing new 3-gun scope?

ambluemax

How do you guys get your ammo to chrono out to even numbers? I bet it is a bitch to find load that averages right on at 2800 or 3200. Mine always end up at numbers like 3162 or 2996. Does your chrono just round to the nearest 100 fps?

Basically this. I'll shoot 10 rounds over the chrono, average them out and round to the nearest 100

So, in your example I would round to 3200 and 3000 respectively

Why would you do that if you have accurate numbers?

Exactly use the numbers you got don't round.

Pat

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you guys get your ammo to chrono out to even numbers? I bet it is a bitch to find load that averages right on at 2800 or 3200. Mine always end up at numbers like 3162 or 2996. Does your chrono just round to the nearest 100 fps?

Basically this. I'll shoot 10 rounds over the chrono, average them out and round to the nearest 100

So, in your example I would round to 3200 and 3000 respectively

Why would you do that if you have accurate numbers?

Exactly use the numbers you got don't round.

Pat

Seems to be working just fine as is ... Although I made an error ... I round off to the nearest 10, not 100. So the previous example would be 3160 and 3000 Edited by IntenseImage

Ordered 1 from Amazon with a Bobro extended mount and a sv-4 throw lever.

What is a SV-4 throw lever? Never heard of it before.

Its kind of like an MGM Switchview, only different. And by different I mean that it is merely a rebranded product with a different name.

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-switchview-throw-lever-sv-4

What is a SV-4 throw lever? Never heard of it before.

Its kind of like an MGM Switchview, only different. And by different I mean that it is merely a rebranded product with a different name.

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-switchview-throw-lever-sv-4

Hmmmm. Wonder why I can't find that on the actual MGM Switchview website.

Same reason you can't find the ADM-made Vortex scope mount on ADM's website. They are rebranded for Vortex to sell.

Just talked to MGM. They are waiting for Vortex to give the go ahead to release the new StrikeEagle lever on the Switchview site. Heck one of the existing ones may already be it. It won't be laser engraved with vortex on it though as you say.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

So it looks like the power ring is reversed in direction from most other variables?

Seems a little odd

No one else thinks this is odd or might be hard to get used to if you have other scopes?

My Swarovski is backwards too. It's not that big of a deal especially if you run offset irons and don't change zoom on the clock if at all possible.

I used my g/f's 16" rifle with a Swaro Z6i for a lot of the long range stages at Warsport. I have great POV video of me on the first stage I used it running a 60yd plate rack at about 2.5x, getting prone, dutifully throwing the scope over...TO 1X :)...looking through the scope, turning it back to 6x, and then shooting the 300yd targets.

Fortunately it only took one stage to drive that lesson home!

I'm pretty pissed at Midway right now. I called them yesterday morning and asked if they were getting any in and he told me not till September. I went ahead and ordered all the stuff in my cart and had to pay $10 in shipping. 2 hours later they have the strike eagle in stock.

I ordered it from OpticsPlanet yesterday instead. It was $297 shipped with 10% off but I upgraded the shipping and it was $310. Should be here by the end of the week.

I think Midway just lost a customer.

All 3 items were from different sellers, the scope and mount have shipped and should be to me by Wednesday or Thursday.

I Got the run around from Amazon and the seller regarding the SV-4 but it appears it shipped this evening. I would confirm all the items are actually in stock prior to ordering, even if Amazon is showing an " in stock " status.