Vortex introducing new 3-gun scope?

ambluemax

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does not.

Would you please elaborate more? Thanks
It's a 6x scope that costs significantly less than the 4x Viper. Something had to give. I learned firsthand that when a scope is "feature packed" for a too good to be true price it means the glass had to take a back seat to keep costs low.

It does not.

It's a 6x scope that costs significantly less than the 4x Viper. Something had to give. I learned firsthand that when a scope is "feature packed" for a too good to be true price it means the glass had to take a back seat to keep costs low.

But what makes them different, and the pst better?

It does not.

But what makes them different, and the pst better?

the pst is better glass. i have owned a lot of glass. i put trijicon ta-11 acog on the top of the heap. that thing was so clear you'd swear there was no glass. vortex, on the high end, is a pretty close second.

Edited by outerlimits

I didn't notice a huge difference in glass quality when zeroing my new strikeeagle side-by-side with my vortex razor. Id shoot five shots with the StrikeEagle then five with the razor. Yes the razor has better glass but the strikeeagke didn't make me grimace or wish for more when following the razor. I was shooting an hour before sunset at only 100 yards.

At 5:30 EDT Optics Planet is showing 4 in stock. If interested you better hurry. Received mine last week. Not yet mounted but so far glass clarity, reticle, etc looks great for the price. Look forward to getting it out to the range!

At 7:30 PM EDT ....now looks like these are gone. Now estimated shipping is 1 to 2 weeks.

August 22.....Estimated shipping through Optics Planet is now 2 to 4 months. Anyone that is interested in a Strike Eagle needs to shop around. They are "popping up" but it seems to be at random suppliers.

Edited by GLF

Took mine to the range again today. The more I use it the better I like it. Today I confirmed zero from the bench then shot some off hand at around 50 yards. I was pleasently surprised to see how well it did. I agree this isn't a precision scope, but for 3 gun, it will suit my needs. No issues at all seeing the reticle in the bright sunlight either. I am very pleased with this scope and wouldn't hesitate buying another.

At 5:30 EDT Optics Planet is showing 4 in stock. If interested you better hurry. Received mine last week. Not yet mounted but so far glass clarity, reticle, etc looks great for the price. Look forward to getting it out to the range!

Optics planet is getting these in and selling them to new customers Instead of shipping them out to the list of people waiting on backorder for months?

Optics planet is getting these in and selling them to new customers Instead of shipping them out to the list of people waiting on backorder for months?

WTF? I've been waiting like a good boy and OP is selling them rather than fulfilling backorders?

WTF? I've been waiting like a good boy and OP is selling them rather than fulfilling backorders?

Hey guys, I work at OP and can tell you we are NOT selling them to new customers first. When products are received from the vendor (Vortex) they're added to our physical inventory system which in turn adds them to our electronic order/inventory system. There is a slight delay from when a SKU that is received gets sent off to the backordered customer but yet our system immediately shows them in stock on our site as soon as they arrive. It's a problem that we're working on fixing and I apologize for any confusion or inconvenience.

I ordered mine in April from Optics planet. Got it 2 weeks ago. So far I'm very pleased with the few rounds I've shot through it. It may not be true 1x but it's so close I can't tell the difference when I'm shooting. I'd be ok if it wasn't illuminated, that's just not important to me but so far it seems to the red is daylight visible. Not bright red that draws the eye but stands out against a black target. It's a $300 scope not a $800+ and for 3 gun I think a great choice. The vertical cross hair could be thinner and make for a better reticle. But I'm a 1x shooter in limited iron so take it for what it's worth.

I just got off the phone with a rep at Optics Planet. They have 300 units inbound with an ETA of 9/5/15. I ordered 7/15/15 and she said I would definitely get one of those units.

WooHoo!

I wish I would have ordered 3 more.

What are yall using for mounts on this budget priced optic?

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

I just got off the phone with a rep at Optics Planet. They have 300 units inbound with an ETA of 9/5/15. I ordered 7/15/15 and she said I would definitely get one of those units.

WooHoo!

Aero precision

WooHoo!

Aero precision

Was planning on getting the aero spr mount but they were out of stock for months; Strike Eagle arrived, aero was still OOS so I picked up a bobro. Then the Aero came back in stock :)

No complaints about the bobro though