Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

any reason to run coated bullets now that xtremes are the same price?

Sandbagger123

I was thinking the same thing since Xtreme put their 9's on sale. I've been shooting BBI's, after shooting Xtremes for a while. The BBI's are more accurate in my Glock 17L, and are still a few dollars cheaper, so I will not be switching back. In a pinch, I would happily shoot either one.

I have been shooting extremes and recently switched to BBI for accuracy. 5.5" shrinked to 2.5" at 25yds is significant to me. That being said, it only applies to my gun maybe. I find that there is no generic best bullet to all guns. Sample out if you can, maybe extreme bullet may surprise you with good accuracy, or maybe BBI, or BC, SNS, Bayou etc.

Bullets are the most expensive component in reloading. I used to go with which bullet is the most accurate accross shooting forums, then buy a bunch. But one day, i took it to myself to try and bench my gun and try and experiment all the leftovers from all the different loads i have accumulated in 3 yrs of shooting production and boom, BBI gave me the best consistent groups.

Now I can really stock up and worry about shooting and not to think about coming up with a 'better' 'more accurate' load. To me, I learned that consistency and reliability of an accurate load saves me confidence when shooting a small plate at 25yds. Removes any doubt.

Geez, man, too long of a post, give both a try. Extremes, smallest if 500, BBI has samples packs of 100.

I had bad luck with extreme out passed 25 yards. I had rounds that would go all squirrly around 50 as in going off in odd directions. I'm also shooting BBI and have had good luck with them out to 100 yards.

I have not seen any that matched the price of Blue Bullets.

http://www.thebluebullets.com/

I sell Bear Creek's moly coated bulllets and I could definitely beat their pricing on orders if they were big enough to fill a flat rate box for every customer, aka, everybody orders in 70 pound increments because that's the weight limit for the boxes. And on orders of 10k or more bullets, I could do even better.

I usually only sell by word of mouth but if someone wanted to put together a group buy and we could sell 50k or more bullets (total, of all weights and sizes) it'd be cost effective.

I've talked to Brian about dealer status on here but I probably don't sell enough to pay for it. But if I could manage to sell enough bullets in a single group buy to cover what he charges I'd be happy to get dealer status here and keep doing it.

maybe I read his original post wrong, the reference to blue bullets was to the original post statement that Xtremes bullets were the same price as coated bullets, not to the cost of other coated bullets.

maybe I read his original post wrong, the reference to blue bullets was to the original post statement that Xtremes bullets were the same price as coated bullets, not to the cost of other coated bullets.

i looked at the cost of coated bullets in the size i will use. .40 180gr. BB are about 9.6 cents for the 2500 box. extremes are about the same price for the same weight.

I found that the extremes news the powder charged bumped to get to the same PF as my Bayous

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I found the same result, I get less velocity (30fps or so) with 158gr Berry's plated than with 160gr Bayou's in .38 SPL, at the same OAL. I really like the Bayou's coated.

I have been using BBI and SNS bullets. My guns seem to shoot them just fine. I was thinking of trying plated again. For the cost I do order what will fit in the biggest USPS box. With a rather large supply of Titegroup I just ordered a case of MG, but only for major matches.

Xtreme's shipping times suck. UPS ground and order processing times means about two weeks between hitting send and arrival at the door. I'm looking for a new supplier. Oh and FYI twodownzero, group buys are a no no here.

Xtreme's shipping times suck. UPS ground and order processing times means about two weeks between hitting send and arrival at the door. I'm looking for a new supplier. Oh and FYI twodownzero, group buys are a no no here.

Look around I found a local guy here in NC that is stocking xtremes and often if people want them I'll carry them to matches for him.....

The only local guys around here that sell bullets are thieves and scoundrels. One LGS only carries Frontier plated bullets and they cost as much as Montana Gold. The only other guy that I know of that carries bullets sells them in packets of 100 which cost twice as much as the most expensive bullets you can buy online.

Edited by Lifeislarge

I use coated bullets exclusively since switching from Zeros and Moly, respectively. I have had great success with coated. I have never tried plated, but recently I read a few threads on here where accuracy drops have been noticed when shooting plated versus coated or jacketed. I am hoping more shooters will way in on the subject.

+1 regarding Xtreme shipping. They seem to have switched to UPS vs. USPS which has added a week to time from order to my front door. BBI & Bayou are super quick, mail lady hates me. I try and keep ample bullet supply on hand so shipping time shouldn't matter but for some reasons it drives me nuts.