Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I called Stoeger today and asked about when the guns with the serial number moved back are gona be out. First, she said she never heard about it. Then she went and asked another department and they said it has been mentioned but no decisions were ever made to have it put into production.

Hey Mr. Tischauser can you sell me one of yours with the munber moved???

I think I may have ruined the two receivers I have by removing to much material around the mag tube. I may give you one.

Jesse could you post some GOOD photos of the receivers I want to see how far you pushed the limit and if you could mic the receiver that would also be beneficial.

I really like how this guys M2 is cut upwards. Close up at 1:15.

wonder if it weakens the receiver.

That is the best way to do it and how we have been modding the loading port from the beginning. It weakens the receiver a little, but not enough to cause a problem.

You may differ but I see no need for major hogging out of the receiver.

This one is just right.

Pat I came across a video of you teaching a Junior camp, it was really informative and gave me a few things to try. Thanks

We go deeper than Pat did on the non-serial numbered side, but not as deep as the Benelli in the vid posted above. We machine away up to the transition between the bottom radius and the outside wall. Access is improved by a large radius into the port, without weakening the receiver as much as the big notch. However, any of these is a vast improvement over the factory port, and with practice nearly the same speed can be achieved with any of these profiles. However, swap your gun for one with another style port opening, and you will be yard-saling shells all over the turf! I have never seen a Benelli receiver fail from the big notch, only scrapped from porting too aggressively into the mag-tube opening.

I'd like to go lower too, but on the serial number side.

I quad load weak hand and need just a little more taken out so I can get the shells to past the catch smoother.

Nick I was talking to a guy at our local 3-Gun match this past weekend and he said that you can get the serial # moved to a different location but only certain FFL's can do it. Just a FYI

Yes, he would need a Type 7 or 2 I believe. He is in essence " manufacturing" a firearm, with a new serial number that happens to match the original number. In his books, Stoeger m3000 S/N ABC123 is "destroyed", and Bill's Gun Works Model M3000 s/n ABC123 is "manufactured".

Yes, he would need a Type 7 or 2 I believe. He is in essence " manufacturing" a firearm, with a new serial number that happens to match the original number. In his books, Stoeger m3000 S/N ABC123 is "destroyed", and Bill's Gun Works Model M3000 s/n ABC123 is "manufactured".

Type 7, I have looked into it.

Based on this thread, I just picked up a 26 inch 3000. I got the camo version for double duty as competition/bird gun. It's my first semi and all the info you guys shared helped me decide which way to go. Thank you.

Edited by kbhiggs