Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took it duck hunting in a marsh and it got pretty wet, it was SUPER rusty inside the tube and the spring as soon as I got home. I cleaned it well, soaked it with remoil. Next time I went out, it was just a bit humid and it rusted again. Now after about 4 months of lubing, storing (inside my safe with desiccant blocks and a goldenrod) its decently pitted. Now its only the mag tube so far, everything else seems to be holding up rust wise, but I have NEVER seen a gun that is touted as a hunting gun rust like this. $500 or not, it should not be quite this bad. Whats strange is my buddies 3500 is rust free. Its also 3-4 years older though.

I took it duck hunting in a marsh and it got pretty wet, it was SUPER rusty inside the tube and the spring as soon as I got home. I cleaned it well, soaked it with remoil. Next time I went out, it was just a bit humid and it rusted again. Now after about 4 months of lubing, storing (inside my safe with desiccant blocks and a goldenrod) its decently pitted. Now its only the mag tube so far, everything else seems to be holding up rust wise, but I have NEVER seen a gun that is touted as a hunting gun rust like this. $500 or not, it should not be quite this bad. Whats strange is my buddies 3500 is rust free. Its also 3-4 years older though.

Ah ha! I was like damn I haven't seen rust and I never out anything to prohibit rust on them. I even cry a lot when I shoot. But I just shoot 3-gun when it warm and sunny.

Yea here in Nebraska, we dont always have the benifit of nice weather, and I like the gun so much I take the mag tube off, throw a plug in it and shoot ducks with it. Its awesome, because I can load it super fast for those days when I need all the help I can get on teal. You can only have 3 in the gun, but having a match saver on the side really speeds up that followup on a double or triple on teal! :goof::devil:

I use grill paint on my barrel to prevent rust. It's a flat finish that's similar in appearance to a parkerized finish.

where did all this talk of rust come from i just ordered mine and check this thread to let you all know they are instock and this...

http://www.kygunco.com/stoeger-m3000-12ga-26in-4rd-shotgun-63340

instock paying with cc and shipping insurance it comes to $469 dont for get the $50 mail in rebate till end of year...

Damn that's cheap! I just paid more than that for a Glock pistol. Kinda doesn't make sense does it?

where did all this talk of rust come from i just ordered mine and check this thread to let you all know they are instock and this...

instock paying with cc and shipping insurance it comes to $469 dont for get the $50 mail in rebate till end of year...

Damn that's cheap! I just paid more than that for a Glock pistol. Kinda doesn't make sense does it?

A Glock? What's up with that?

That really is cheap. I've been reading all sorts of threads, trying to make decisions on what I wanted to dip my toe into 3-Gun, but I don't see how I can go wrong at that price. It's not so much me making the decision, it's more that the price made the decision for me.

It's not a competition gun. You get the point though. These things are down right inexpensive.

It's not a competition gun. You get the point though. These things are down right inexpensive.

Jesse I put the "Cheek Saver" on what a difference!!

Remind me again... are the Benelli M2 chokes that fit in the M3000's, and have the same thread pattern?

Berretta/Benelli MobilChokes are the right ones

M2 Crio Chokes will thread into a Stoeger but will not fit flush.

Edit: In Jessies video he shows an extended Crio in his Stoeger and you can see how far it sticks out.

Edited by NickO

Had my first problem with my MK3

PNTC November 3Gun Stage 4:

The trigger didn't reset so on the go command I got a dead trigger. After playing with the safety (because normally I'm the problem) I had to rack the first round out of the gun, then it all went smoothly.

Before anyone asks its a stock trigger, no mods.

I called Stoeger today and asked about when the guns with the serial number moved back are gona be out. First, she said she never heard about it. Then she went and asked another department and they said it has been mentioned but no decisions were ever made to have it put into production.

Hey Mr. Tischauser can you sell me one of yours with the munber moved???

I called Stoeger today and asked about when the guns with the serial number moved back are gona be out. First, she said she never heard about it. Then she went and asked another department and they said it has been mentioned but no decisions were ever made to have it put into production.

Hey Mr. Tischauser can you sell me one of yours with the munber moved???

I think I may have ruined the two receivers I have by removing to much material around the mag tube. I may give you one.