Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

Based on this thread, I just picked up a 26 inch 3000. I got the camo version for double duty as competition/bird gun. It's my first semi and all the info you guys shared helped me decide which way to go. Thank you.

For the guys that take off their tube when persuing other interests, about 22" of 7/16" dowel works wonders. But your length may vary.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, he would need a Type 7 or 2 I believe. He is in essence " manufacturing" a firearm, with a new serial number that happens to match the original number. In his books, Stoeger m3000 S/N ABC123 is "destroyed", and Bill's Gun Works Model M3000 s/n ABC123 is "manufactured".

Interesting... Wouldn't "Bill's Gun Works Model M3000 s/n ABC123" be an American made shotgun and 922r exempt?

Yes, he would need a Type 7 or 2 I believe. He is in essence " manufacturing" a firearm, with a new serial number that happens to match the original number. In his books, Stoeger m3000 S/N ABC123 is "destroyed", and Bill's Gun Works Model M3000 s/n ABC123 is "manufactured".

Interesting... Wouldn't "Bill's Gun Works Model M3000 s/n ABC123" be an American made shotgun and 922r exempt?

Only if it still passes the test with the minimum number of domestic parts.

thanks to you beautiful people, i've picked up an M3K in 24" . Bought some MOA goodies: their +6 extension kit, double-headed safety, stainless bolt handle, and oversized bolt release. Looking to shoot my first 3gun later this month.

Edited by daybreak

I received my Stoeger $50 rebate check in the mail yesterday afternoon (12/10) for my M3000 I bought last month.

I submitted my info via their online form on 11/16, so with the Thanksgiving holiday in between there, it took approx 15 business days to get the check from them :)

How difficult is it to put the extension tube on and off, if you're going hunting or just popping clays?

Not difficult at all. Takes 10-20 seconds to take off the extension tube, and maybe a minute to put the extension tube back on since you have to compress & feed the long spring back into.

I received my Stoeger $50 rebate check in the mail yesterday afternoon (12/10) for my M3000 I bought last month.

I submitted my info via their online form on 11/16, so with the Thanksgiving holiday in between there, it took approx 15 business days to get the check from them :)

That's impressive!

I take mine off to prevent the game warden rolling up on me because it "looks" like a high cap shotgun. I leave it on for skeet, clays and sporting clays though, I do however get some crazy looks and they ALWAYS tell me that I can ONLY load two....

Edited by Nebwake

Tom I couldn't help it..... I got more aggressive :devil: and it is a noticeable difference as more of my thumb can get directly behind the shell. I THINK this is the last time I mess with my port.

Very nice! I have been toying with the idea of removing more material from mine...especially since I am trying to learn how to quad load. Can you post a few more pics with the lifter pushed in? I am curious what you did to the area around the follower and shell catch.

Edited by heaman

• 2 weeks later...