Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't get more than 2 rounds in the tube of my factory m3000, any ideas?

Don't bother trying quad loading.

Not sure if this was sarcasm but I wasn't trying.

Yes sorry that was sarcasm. You must have a plug in the gun from the factory. Wear your safety glasses whine removing it.

I disassembled the gun and I saw the end just hanging out, it slid out with no issues.

Thanks!

I can't get more than 2 rounds in the tube of my factory m3000, any ideas?

Don't bother trying quad loading.

Not sure if this was sarcasm but I wasn't trying.

Yes sorry that was sarcasm. You must have a plug in the gun from the factory. Wear your safety glasses whine removing it.

I disassembled the gun and I saw the end just hanging out, it slid out with no issues.

Thanks!

The black cap that is in the tube that the plug slid into will have to come out if you plan on putting an extension on. That is wjen you want your safety glasses on so you dont take a spring to the eye. Edited by Iowashooter

I'm having some troubles with mine suddenly. I've put 200 or so through it previously with no complaints, but last week I took it out to shoot trap and was getting a lot of light primer hits. Like 1 out of 3 would fail to fire. The shells would usually fire when I ejected, then re-chambered them. Sometimes had to do it more than once. I've used this ammo before without issue, but switched to a box of federal with the same poor results. Frustrated, I went home.

After googling around for ideas, it was suggested that the bolt might not be going fully into battery which would result in a light hit. When I slowly close the bolt by hand, I notice that it hangs up and is difficult to get it to rotate and lock. If I let it slam forward normally, it seems to close and lock ok. I disassembled and cleaned the bolt, greased the bolt retaining/camming pin and lubed everything else up. It still hangs up a bit - but only if I slowly close the bolt by hand. I don't have another Stoeger around to compare it to to know if this is normal.

I'd welcome any suggestions on what might have been occuring. The gun has an MOA bolt handle that's been working fine for some time now. The only thing that happened to it before it started malfing was a cleaning.

Thanks.

Edit: here's a (poor) video to illustrate

Sent from my sending thing.

Edited by Bangheadhere

One of the main issues we set out to solve with the new Carbon Arms tube for the M3000. The stock magazine tube, on witch the action bar rides, is very rough. In some cases, shooting will smooth it out, but in others, this can cause malfunctions. Removing the tube and polishing it up will usually fix the problem. In fact, when you tear the gun down, you will likely be able to find the ridge that is causing the issues.

$75.00 + 5 ship not bad if you needed one and wanted to save a few bucks . Was under the impression extension nut issue was hit or miss weather the Nordic nut would work ,? you might already have the MOA nut, and now decided you like more shells in your mag tube, there you go . There also available for( Remi's), Moss ,and Benelli.

For some crazy reason my stock nordic tube went on perfect. On a magazine side note, has anyone noticed the stock magazine tube is made of the most rust prone steel out there? everytime I take the gun out, even in dry conditions, I pull rust out of the mag tube. Can a guy ceracoat the inside or something like that? I really hate oiling the thing like its a 50 year old browning!

Edited by Nebwake

Mine will rust if you look at it funny. We finished this years cmmg Midwest 3gun in the rain. It was orange before I finished the stage. I just oil the hell out of it. Looks aren't that important, I don't really want to pay to cerakote a $500 shotgun.

I wipe the barrel/rib down with a rag and a light amount of RemOil after matches. I noticed where my hands touched the barrel along with the stamping on the barrel would start rusting by time i get home from a match.